SSR Renovations

Liked everything I saw!
I did as well! It would have been cool if they imagineered a way to put the little TV/Murphy bed in there, but I love the style of the new rooms. I think they did a really nice job with it.

I did as well! It would have been cool if they imagineered a way to put the little TV/Murphy bed in there, but I love the style of the new rooms. I think they did a really nice job with it.
It should fit, the most likely reason they did not put it in is the occupancy rating for the building or they don’t want. 5 in a studio there, 1 beds were already rated for 5. SSR studios are a couple (1-4) square feet smaller then BWV, BRV and BCV. They all have been added to sleep 5 in the studios. The layout of the rooms are almost identical. OKW has a larger studio, but the shape and layout is at different.
I personally think that 1 bedrooms should have sleeping surfaces 5-6 and studios sleep 4. If you are a family with 3 children at CCV you need a 2 bedroom that is wrong. Poly they didn’t make any 1 bedrooms and had to sleep 5 in a studio, because who can afford to spend 115+ points a night on a Bungalow. The cabins at CCV are nicer and use less points.

Last edited:

Those are the same photos/forum I was referencing.

And yes, you are correct, that picture isn’t correct color wise, it’s not the same green. (That’s why I prefaced by saying “This is NOT the new studio”) The early concept photo was a bright green whereas the new photos show a more muted sage green on an accent wall behind the bed.

I was speaking more towards the general concept looks like that picture, as opposed to this in the 1BR:
View attachment 428415

View attachment 428416

The living area of the 1BR is almost spot on with the concept art that was shown for them I never did see anything on the master bedroom for the larger villas.

Any idea how the 3 bedroom grand villas will look? We will be staying in one in January and I'm hoping its renovated by then.

I absolutely love the new look. It seems gorgeous even though the quality of the photos isn't great. I can't wait to stay here after it's all refurbed.

It should fit, the most likely reason they did not put it in is the occupancy rating for the building or they don’t want. 5 in a studio there, 1 beds were already rated for 5. SSR studios are a couple (1-4) square feet smaller then BWV, BRV and BCV. They all have been added to sleep 5 in the studios. The layout of the rooms are almost identical. OKW has a larger studio, but the shape and layout is at different.
I personally think that 1 bedrooms should have sleeping surfaces 5-6 and studios sleep 4. If you are a family with 3 children at CCV you need a 2 bedroom that is wrong. Poly they didn’t make any 1 bedrooms and had to sleep 5 in a studio, because who can afford to spend 115+ points a night on a Bungalow. The cabins at CCV are nicer and use less points.
Yea, it seems like less of a space issue and more of a numbers issue, whether that be occupancy or some other metric.

I can't quite decide what this means but a bunch of SSR preferred view availability have shown up for late Sept and October. My guess is they are releasing rooms because they are finishing up with some buildings. SSR availability has been flipping around quite a bit for those dates during the past 2 months.

I can't quite decide what this means but a bunch of SSR preferred view availability have shown up for late Sept and October. My guess is they are releasing rooms because they are finishing up with some buildings. SSR availability has been flipping around quite a bit for those dates during the past 2 months.
I was noticing the same thing for December, a few weeks ago. I guess as they get into the work, they get a better idea of what will be available.

Yep I suspect it is the first two buildings in Congress, My pal said he saw big trucks continuing to turn up with new furniture etc. They are ready to rock and rolll- seems to be ahead of time. It’s Balfour Beatty who have won various WDW contracts, I wonder if they have them all on overtime as they’ll need the personnel for Reflections?

We're heading there in mid-September and have a preferred deluxe studio rented. I'd love to score one of these for a night and report back to the group...

Let us know. I have a 2b booked for the first full week of October and would love to get a refurb one. The last time we stayed there two years ago the living / room kitchen were sad. Dishwasher didn't work, sofa looked like it had been in grandma's house for too many years :)

Thank you.....considering a stay at end of January.....would love a refurbished unit but not holding my breath.... :)

Does anyone know if you book SSR thru RCI is it for standard or preferred ?
It can be either, but any specific exchange is fixed at deposit time and can't be changed. Between one and two weeks after your exchange is confirmed, DVC will get a copy of the confirmation from RCI. After that, you can call to list your guests on the reservation and get the confirmation # for MDE. At that time you can also ask which section the exchange is drawn from.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter