SSR Renovations

Maybe they did the opposite at SSR because of so many complaints about BWV & BCV studios sleeping five and 1 bedrooms sleeping only four (which of course led to the “sleeps five if you bring your own bedding” routine). Space constraints and wanting to push people to 1 bedrooms are both good reasons to do so.
The "sleeps 5 if you bring your own bedding" for BWV & BCV started before the studios were refurbished to include the under TV bed/camp table combo.

It does make more sense to increase the capacity of the 1 bedrooms than the studios, though, especially for SSR. (The SSR 1 Bedrooms are the last to fill and make up the lion's share of the deposits to RCI. Maybe the renovations will change that).

Just booked a Preferred Studio at SSR for June 7-10 through renting points from a dis member. For the renovated rooms is the second bed a queen or full? And is it a pull down murphy bed in the studio? I hate the regular sofa beds. We had a renovated POP room on our last trip and I loved that there were two queens in it!
From what I have been reading here, it looks like if I want to request a particular area I have to have the owner do this? When should the request be put in? Now, or closer to my trip? We are doing a no park short stay and have a 4 and 2 year old with us. It looks like the Springs would be a better option than Congress to access the boat to Disney Springs, be closer to the main hall and pool? This place just looks so massive that I want to make a good choice.
Thanks for any help

Just booked a Preferred Studio at SSR for June 7-10 through renting points from a dis member. For the renovated rooms is the second bed a queen or full? And is it a pull down murphy bed in the studio? I hate the regular sofa beds. We had a renovated POP room on our last trip and I loved that there were two queens in it!
From what I have been reading here, it looks like if I want to request a particular area I have to have the owner do this? When should the request be put in? Now, or closer to my trip? We are doing a no park short stay and have a 4 and 2 year old with us. It looks like the Springs would be a better option than Congress to access the boat to Disney Springs, be closer to the main hall and pool? This place just looks so massive that I want to make a good choice.
Thanks for any help

By June, Congress Park should be done and I would think there would be good progress at the Springs section in terms of renovations.

So, requesting Congress Park, if you got it, would get you a renovated room by then. If you are in the Springs, you may or may not,

Renovated rooms have the pull down Murphy beds and non renovated ones still have a sofa bed,

It doesn’t matter when you have the owner put in the request as long as it’s in at least a week ahead when they start assigning rooms. It’s only a request and not guaranteed so people putting in sooner get no priority over others,

I am going to venture to guess that having a renovated room is going to be a popular request so be prepared to maybe end up in the Springs without one.

By June, Congress Park should be done and I would think there would be good progress at the Springs section in terms of renovations.

So, requesting Congress Park, if you got it, would get you a renovated room by then. If you are in the Springs, you may or may not,

Renovated rooms have the pull down Murphy beds and non renovated ones still have a sofa bed,

It doesn’t matter when you have the owner put in the request as long as it’s in at least a week ahead when they start assigning rooms. It’s only a request and not guaranteed so people putting in sooner get no priority over others,

I am going to venture to guess that having a renovated room is going to be a popular request so be prepared to maybe end up in the Springs without one.
Ok, thanks. Do you know if the murphy bed is a queen like they did in POP?

I stayed at SSR last weekend (Feb. 17-21, 2020). Quick note on refurb observations. High Rock Springs building rooms 3501-3836 (the building just to the north and east of the High Rock Springs bus stop) had paper on the windows. High Rock Springs building rooms 3101-3436 (the building furthest southeast) had several cherry picker lifts working on the outside of the building.

Last edited:

Will all renovations be done by February 2021? Here currently and DD is not a fan of the sofa beds in the non renovated studio. I assume the queen Murphy beds in the renovated rooms will be better.

Will all renovations be done by February 2021? Here currently and DD is not a fan of the sofa beds in the non renovated studio. I assume the queen Murphy beds in the renovated rooms will be better.
They should be. They are regular bed mattresses that pull down, rather than a folded mattress that pulls out of a couch.
Denise

I would suggest keep checking here on the boards for updates, but if they aren't all done, then there is that slim chance that you can wind up with one of those...Therefore in order to insure that you definitely get a reno'd room, you'll most likely have to book the preferred category.. HTH, but fwiw. , I'd venture to say that it'll mostly be done by then..

I stayed at SSR last weekend (Feb. 17-21, 2020). Quick note on refurb observations. High Rock Springs building rooms 3501-3836 (the building just to the north and east of the High Rock Springs bus stop) had paper on the windows. High Rock Springs building rooms 3101-3436 (the building furthest southeast) had several cherry picker lifts working on the outside of the building.
Thank you for the update!!!

If they maintain their current refurbishment pace, the entire resort being completed by Feb 2021 is extremely unlikely. And if COVID-19 affects the renovation schedule, all bets are off. In short, if you want a guaranteed refurbished standard room, book at another resort. If you booked preferred OR can suffer through a non-refurbished room, you're good to go.

Last edited:
As a follow-on note, we were there last week, 1-6 March, and stayed in a renovated studio in CP. While our building was largely done, there were still workers carrying ladders and other equipment upstairs throughout the week. Moreover, the building next to us and closest to the main SSR areas, still appeared to have major work being done as there were numerous contracting vehicles (electricity and ac/heat) and quite a number of construction workers there. It doesn't appear that CP is done even yet.

Stayed in building 37 (Springs) in a 1BR. BEAUTIFUL room. Teen in the murphy bed and 11 year old under the TV. Not sure why we were assigned that building as we were walking past dust, workers, supplies and such but we didn't really mind. The room still smelled like fresh paint.

We have a preferred studio booked for Thanksgiving week. What are the odds that the Springs will be complete by then? We would prefer to be there, but a renovated room is more important as my DD16 would prefer the murphy bed.

We have a preferred studio booked for Thanksgiving week. What are the odds that the Springs will be complete by then? We would prefer to be there, but a renovated room is more important as my DD16 would prefer the murphy bed.

I think there's a super chance of the Springs being done, unless the construction gets halted until late summer due to current events.

If I book a 1 or 2 Bedroom Suite preferred than I´m getting a refurbished room in May 2021 right? Are rooms at "The Springs" and "Congress Park" the only sections with preferred rooms or do the other areas have preferred rooms too?

If I book a 1 or 2 Bedroom Suite preferred than I´m getting a refurbished room in May 2021 right? Are rooms at "The Springs" and "Congress Park" the only sections with preferred rooms or do the other areas have preferred rooms too?
Those are the only 2 preferred areas. If you book for 2021 preferred rooms should be complete.

Those are the only 2 preferred areas. If you book for 2021 preferred rooms should be complete.
Assuming that COVID-19 doesn't postpone or otherwise affect the refurbishment schedule....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts