SSR Room suggestion

rspencer38

Mouseketeer
I have an upcoming SSR stay in early august and i'm looking for room suggestions. I currently have a deluxe studio with a standard view and we will have a car rental (unlikely to ever use the bus). Closer to the main buildings/boat launch to DS would be ideal.

Any suggestions? Looking forward to my first stay at SSR

Paddock.

It isn't close to the main buildings or the boat launch, but it is close to the walking path to DS.

I think Grand Stand is the closest to the Carriage House and the boat launch and standard view.

I've stay in the Springs when I travel solo. The only problem I have are the buses in the morning. The Springs is the last pickup and the bus is crowded. I like the proximity to the main pool and carriage house. But I'm tempted to try Grandstand on the next trip.

We've only ever stayed in the Grandstand, but I loved it. It was close to everything for me.

How likely is it to get your requests at Saratoga? We are staying for a week in a 1 bedroom the first week of June (standard), and I think we would prefer Grandstand. Is that a common request?

Room 8647 or a room that is very close. Three minute walk to the carriage house. Awesome, awesome location. (its in the Grandstand location, and it is GRAND!)

We rented points for our SSR stay, do we make room request through our renting member or when we check in? I've also done touring plan requests in the past.

We rented points for our SSR stay, do we make room request through our renting member or when we check in? I've also done touring plan requests in the past.
You will have better luck through the renting member. If you put a request through the member remember to ignore/skip the room request on the check-in feature as they will override any request the member puts in.

I am really shocked that they don't somehow take some points away from Carousel and add them to some of the Grandstand buildings for a preferred room. I was closer than some of the rooms in the Springs section.

I have an upcoming SSR stay in early august and i'm looking for room suggestions. I currently have a deluxe studio with a standard view and we will have a car rental (unlikely to ever use the bus). Closer to the main buildings/boat launch to DS would be ideal.

Any suggestions? Looking forward to my first stay at SSR
The Paddock building closets to the "Springs". You save points and its a quick walk to the bridge that takes you to DS. We always rent a car also so you can always just drive to the "Springs" park and walk over as well.

I've stayed at the Paddock and the Springs and both locations are really fine. Just avoid Carousel at all costs.

Can I ask what is wrong with carousel?
Nothing really wrong with Carousel. It's just a bit further from the Carriage House and it doesn't have a pool close to it. You'd need to go to the Paddock or Springs pool. It may tend to be quieter since it doesn't have a pool.

Nothing really wrong with Carousel. It's just a bit further from the Carriage House and it doesn't have a pool close to it. You'd need to go to the Paddock or Springs pool. It may tend to be quieter since it doesn't have a pool.
Deb & Bill answered before I got here. Thanks!
Also, I'd like to add that, to me, the location of Carousel has uncomfortable feng shui. Somehow it just feels wrong over there, like it's not really part of SSR but kind of an afterthought. Although that could just be me. I like SSR and have enjoyed all my stays there but would not want to be in the Carousel section.

We are going to SSR next week. We opted for the Paddock section. Looking at the resort map seemed to be a good trade of off points and location!

Building #85, 3 minute walk to the Carriage House, it is a standard location.

Have owned at SSR since it opened and stayed many times. I always request and never get what I request. Go figure. :rolleyes1

Having said that, I think Grandstand is probably the most common request for standards because of proximity to Carriage House and the nice pool. Requested it for my stay last week and again... nada. :headache:

Did get a nice room in the Paddocks which I really didn't mind. At least it wasn't Carousel! Stayed there once and when I complained about the distance and lack of pool, the CM actually said "well, at least you have a bus stop"! Honestly it's like being sent to detention :sad2:

Have owned at SSR since it opened and stayed many times. I always request and never get what I request. Go figure. :rolleyes1

Having said that, I think Grandstand is probably the most common request for standards because of proximity to Carriage House and the nice pool. Requested it for my stay last week and again... nada. :headache:

Did get a nice room in the Paddocks which I really didn't mind. At least it wasn't Carousel! Stayed there once and when I complained about the distance and lack of pool, the CM actually said "well, at least you have a bus stop"! Honestly it's like being sent to detention :sad2:

lol - since all the areas have bus stops that didn't seem to be a selling point!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter