Stalking Fatigue- anyone else?

Waitlist came through again! Started a chat online to inquire about cash reservations to book in case my waitlist never came through, and they told me there seemed to be some movement with the waitlist, and that I should call member services. When I called they told me my waitlist had matched! Very excited to not have to move two nights in a row, and to have our first stay at Polynesian booked for four nights :)

I was stalking for a studio for Nov 1 and was able to get a one bedroom a few weeks ago. Then I got stressed at work and decided to extend the vacation for an additional night so I now have the 1st and 2nd waitlisted for a studio since it uses one more point than the one bedroom. Doubtful the waitlist will come through so I have a cash reservation for the night of the 2nd as a back up. I have had great success getting that cash reservation reduced from 495 to a whopping 211 (OKW to POP with about 4 changes in between). I am cool with the cash stay but will be crazy happy if that waitlist comes through.

Good luck! :-)

I have a split say booked BCV four nights BWV three nights. We have decided to go a day early due to significantly cheaper flight prices and are currently booked that night at OKW. I have a waitlist for June 27 for BCV but I am constantly stalking. I can’t help it lol. I’m of course hoping for BCV studio to come through but unlikely so maybe Boulder Ridge or Copper Creek will open as we have never stayed there and I wouldn’t mind trying it for a night even though I don’t want to move so much.
Is split staying a giant pain in the butt? Or is it fun to experience multiple properties? I suppose maybe it depends on how much time you are at the resort?

Is split staying a giant pain in the butt? Or is it fun to experience multiple properties? I suppose maybe it depends on how much time you are at the resort?

If you don't unpack much, it's easy to do on property. Drop your luggage at bell services before you go to the parks and ask for the transfer, then it'll be at the new resort at the end of the day.

I am stalking for President's Day weekend in February, a long shot I know. I was able to get a 1BR SV at Kidani for the night of the 14th, and waitlisted the 15th and 16th individually. I stalk everyday, multiple times a day. It has become an obsession! But nothing is moving! We are a family of 5, so can only do certain studios and certain 1BRs. Unfortunately we own at BLT, so have to book 1BR at 11mos for our family size but I need more points to consistently do that, so we end up moving at 7mos to studios that sleep 5. All that to say I usually end up waitlisting most of our stays, stalking has become my life. Wish I could get paid for that time at the computer... ha!

Disney does a good job on making split stays run as smooth as possible. However, after doing a few I'm leaning towards no more splits unless I really need a specific resort for some reason and can only get a few nights. Some people don't get bothered by it, but I think I'm to the point that I like to settle into my room. I will say though that BCV was definitely worth the split.

I am stalking for President's Day weekend in February, a long shot I know. I was able to get a 1BR SV at Kidani for the night of the 14th, and waitlisted the 15th and 16th individually. I stalk everyday, multiple times a day. It has become an obsession! But nothing is moving! We are a family of 5, so can only do certain studios and certain 1BRs. Unfortunately we own at BLT, so have to book 1BR at 11mos for our family size but I need more points to consistently do that, so we end up moving at 7mos to studios that sleep 5. All that to say I usually end up waitlisting most of our stays, stalking has become my life. Wish I could get paid for that time at the computer... ha!
16 is currently open at the poly if you see this in time

Has anyone had luck with availability at 31/30 days out? I assume since it’s the cut off for holding points, anyone who has to cancel or drop night will do it then. I am about to give up on stalking and hoping the waitlist does it’s job within the 30 day window (my waitlists expire 7 days before arrival)

This time, wait list worked! Had to rearrange my Dec trip last month due to foot surgery. Was able to get 3 of my 4 nights at BLT in a LV studio (yeah...couldn't believe it as it was August!)...waitlisted night 2 that I didn't have, while I booked a back up at BRV in a 1 bedroom. Called today to see if maybe I could get it for cash so I didn't have to move as I figured WL was a long shot...well, MS checks and sure enough, my WL had just matched. So, now I have my entire Dec trip in a studio at BLT..no moving and saved myself the almost $600 it would have cost on cash plus the 42 points I didn't need for the 1 bedroom! Happy Sunday for me!

TY for the commiserating shoulders to cry on, LOL. I have been stalking a CC cabin, one night, 12/3, since June. I have the night at BWV, but would love one more night in the cabin. I had debated getting a PVB bungalow for 12/1-4, while I still had Home Resort priority, but decided too many points. Then, while looking at what was available for the week, I found 12/2 in the cabin and WL'd the other two nights. I have been stalking ever since. Got the 12/1 night via stalking, not WL. My kids like BWV, so that's fine, but now it's like a quest. Me v. The RAT. Thanks for the chance to vent; pretty sure my family is ignoring me at this point. :)

Has anyone had luck with availability at 31/30 days out? I assume since it’s the cut off for holding points, anyone who has to cancel or drop night will do it then. I am about to give up on stalking and hoping the waitlist does it’s job within the 30 day window (my waitlists expire 7 days before arrival)

I had a VGC studio 1 night come through at 28 days last October.

Does anyone have an idea of how long it takes after a WL has matched for it to show up on your DVC dashboard? Would it take days? I've noticed several people mentioned calling and being surprised that their WL had matched. Maybe I'm lucky and just don't know it? I have not bothered calling MS.

I'm still waiting and hoping for pixie dust for a 2 bedroom lake view at BLT. I've had a waiting since 7 months. I have a one day and a two day. Dec 5 and Dec 5 &6.

I checked several times a day. Nothing so far.

TY for the commiserating shoulders to cry on, LOL. I have been stalking a CC cabin, one night, 12/3, since June. I have the night at BWV, but would love one more night in the cabin. I had debated getting a PVB bungalow for 12/1-4, while I still had Home Resort priority, but decided too many points. Then, while looking at what was available for the week, I found 12/2 in the cabin and WL'd the other two nights. I have been stalking ever since. Got the 12/1 night via stalking, not WL. My kids like BWV, so that's fine, but now it's like a quest. Me v. The RAT. Thanks for the chance to vent; pretty sure my family is ignoring me at this point. :)

Love the "me v. the RAT" 😄 Good luck!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!