Standard Room suggestions

HawaiiBound

Earning My Ears
We are booked into a 'standard room' with a "partial ocean view". There are no ocean view rooms left for our dates in February. Are there any other tips as far as what "partial ocean view" I should request? For some reason, I'm rather stressed about being put into a crappy room for this incredibly expensive, luxurious vacation!
Thank you!

We are booked into a 'standard room' with a "partial ocean view". There are no ocean view rooms left for our dates in February. Are there any other tips as far as what "partial ocean view" I should request? For some reason, I'm rather stressed about being put into a crappy room for this incredibly expensive, luxurious vacation!
Thank you!
I "like" that because I'm having the same feelings, not because I "like" having them LOL! I'll be watching the replies :)

Aloha! I would recommend a higher floor in the '20's series' In my opinion, those are the best Partial Ocean View rooms!

When do you arrive? I can already put in that request for you and block a nice room. I'm one of the front office room assigners :). maybe you can message me your reservation information?

When do you arrive? I can already put in that request for you and block a nice room. I'm one of the front office room assigners :). maybe you can message me your reservation information?

Be careful sending your reservation information to strangers. I'm sure she is who she says she is, but just be cautious :)

Last edited:
That would be great I can't figure how to private message you my reservation number. Can you message me?

How do you know if you get a partial ocean view for a standard room? We booked a standard view room and I assumed we would get a view of the parking lot or something, lol! Does it specify standard view, partial ocean view?

We are going to celebrate our 15 year wedding anniversary and my parents 41st anniversary and were just going to hope for an upgrade when we checked in, knowing that probably would not happen, but we are paying cash for the room, not DVC. No matter what, we are just thrilled to be able to take this trip ;)

How do you know if you get a partial ocean view for a standard room? We booked a standard view room and I assumed we would get a view of the parking lot or something, lol! Does it specify standard view, partial ocean view?

We are going to celebrate our 15 year wedding anniversary and my parents 41st anniversary and were just going to hope for an upgrade when we checked in, knowing that probably would not happen, but we are paying cash for the room, not DVC. No matter what, we are just thrilled to be able to take this trip ;)

If you go over to the DVC forum there is a post with lots of the rooms and photos of the views from each:)

We had an Island gardens view booked for last week. I sent an email to the resort through the "contact us" link on the Aulani website with information about our stay and room requests a few days before our arrival. We ended up receiving an upgrade to ocean view and were very pleased with our location. The first pic in the Aulani photo thread is from our balcony.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!