Star Tours will remain in DHS and Disneyland

They source io9, how reliable are they? Can’t say I’ve heard of them.

What we do know is that there will be a new scene released for Star Tours this year for episode 9. And I can’t imagine they would make that scene then close it shortly after. Plus Studios needs the ride capacity so they can’t really afford to close it just yet even if they plan on it.

They source io9, how reliable are they? Can’t say I’ve heard of them.

What we do know is that there will be a new scene released for Star Tours this year for episode 9. And I can’t imagine they would make that scene then close it shortly after. Plus Studios needs the ride capacity so they can’t really afford to close it just yet even if they plan on it.
I’ve heard of them but obviously doesn’t mean much.

Disney will do what Disney wants.

Crazy idea, but maybe they should build an old Star Wars Land right next to the new Star Wars Land. With characters from the original trilogy.

Nah, my other voice in my head is saying that might be overkill.

Crazy idea, but maybe they should build an old Star Wars Land right next to the new Star Wars Land. With characters from the original trilogy.

Yeah, that would be too much Star Wars. Not everyone likes the franchise, including my daughter. So Disney has to keep the appeal of Hollywood more widespread.

Would make more sense to build one in another park (maybe an expansion pad in MK if there was room). But I also don’t think MK would need even more crowds

I don’t see any reason to get rid of it at any point. It’s popularity is only going to grow after the land opens. It’s a fantastic ride that’s different every time. There’s no equivalent being built within the new land, so I hope they never get rid of it. I’m critical of most screen rides- I can watch things on a screen at home- but ST I love.

I just think it doesn't fits anymore. It isn't a part of a land, which is the direction this park is heading in. The only way it would fit is if they name this area of the park Lucas Land. Or like I stated earlier make it a part of a new original Star Wars Land, which probably makes little to no sense.

Ride is perfect for a reskin/retheme.

Incredibles maybe?
What is it about the Incredibles that makes them apparently unworthy of an original attraction? First they get reskinned California Screamin, then folks on here start proposing a reskin of ToT, now you want to reskin Star Tours? How about I propose a reskin of Stitch to turn it into a Jak-Jak encounter? That would at least be a net attraction gain instead of closing a popular attraction for an extended period of time.

What is it about the Incredibles that makes them apparently unworthy of an original attraction? First they get reskinned California Screamin, then folks on here start proposing a reskin of ToT, now you want to reskin Star Tours? How about I propose a reskin of Stitch to turn it into a Jak-Jak encounter? That would at least be a net attraction gain instead of closing a popular attraction for an extended period of time.

I agree with Campbell, that a retheme is possible in the future for it. Disney is cheap/thrifty so a retheme of an old attraction which is out of place makes sense.

But an Incredible retheme is where they lose me. It doesn't make any sense in this part of the park wedged between Indy and the Muppets. I'm totally for the Tower of Terror redo though, as long as they retheme the area around it. More Edna Mode equals more smiles.

I don’t see any reason to get rid of it at any point. It’s popularity is only going to grow after the land opens. It’s a fantastic ride that’s different every time. There’s no equivalent being built within the new land, so I hope they never get rid of it. I’m critical of most screen rides- I can watch things on a screen at home- but ST I love.

The new Millennium Falcon ride is basically Star Tours and Mission Space's baby. A simulator with a bunch of random buttons you can press.

I agree with Campbell, that a retheme is possible in the future for it. Disney is cheap/thrifty so a retheme of an old attraction which is out of place makes sense.

But an Incredible retheme is where they lose me. It doesn't make any sense in this part of the park wedged between Indy and the Muppets. I'm totally for the Tower of Terror redo though, as long as they retheme the area around it. More Edna Mode equals more smiles.

Thank goodness they are refurbishing Tower of Terror. I don't know how anyone can think making it something else, especially something cutesy, is a good idea.

If Pixar stuff is wanted so badly why not suggest new things instead of constantly suggesting killing the things that work?

Tower of Terror is one of the best done rides in all of Disney.

Thank goodness they are refurbishing Tower of Terror. I don't know how anyone can think making it something else, especially something cutesy, is a good idea.

If Pixar stuff is wanted so badly why not suggest new things instead of constantly suggesting killing the things that work?

Tower of Terror is one of the best done rides in all of Disney.

The reason that people will continue to talk about "Tower of Terror" is that it has no megablockbuster IP attached to it. In fact the Magic Kingdom seems to be the only one who has been immune to IP's for their classics. But even with those Disney has tried and will continue to try to make them IP connected rides (Haunted Mansion, Jungle Cruise).

Jungle Cruise has been rumored to be made into a movie for years. First the rumor was an odd couple style buddy pic with Tom Hanks and Tim Allen. And then eventually they got around to actually making it with The Rock and Emily Blunt.

Last edited:
The reason that people will continue to talk about "Tower of Terror" is that it has no megablockbuster IP attached to it. In fact the Magic Kingdom seems to be the only one who has been immune to IP's for their classics. But even with those Disney has tried and will continue to try to make them IP connected rides (Haunted Mansion, Jungle Cruise).

Jungle Cruise has been rumored to be made into a movie for years. First the rumor was an odd couple style buddy pic with Tom Hanks and Tim Allen. And then eventually they got around to it with The Rock and Emily Blunt.

I'm guessing DHS being a park in major upheaval has a lot to do with it. I'd rather they request changing the things that need it. Tower is not one of those things. :teeth:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!