Star Tours will remain in DHS and Disneyland

I love Star Wars related things, but it perhaps is time for Disney to move Tours to Tomorrowland like Dsource said.

Last edited:
What will they do with Jedi Training Academy? They didn't list it as having a spot in the new land.

I think there has to be a wait and see approach. Pandora(FOP) has been open for a while, yet the lines are staggeringly long still. Someone suggested FOP might not be at full capacity, as it overheats if all theaters run at the same time. Not sure if there is truth to that.
I think how well galaxy's edge and DHS handle the crowds will dictate what is next.

I just think it doesn't fits anymore. It isn't a part of a land, which is the direction this park is heading in. The only way it would fit is if they name this area of the park Lucas Land. Or like I stated earlier make it a part of a new original Star Wars Land, which probably makes little to no sense.

:crazy2:

Wow!!! That is such a people eater! Wonder how much worse crowds will be without it. We were there Veterans Day weekend and tried to go to the Saturday afternoon show. We got there right when it was starting (it wasn’t planned just realized we had some time to kill and a show was about to start) and it was already filled to capacity. We wound up going the next day as planned (had FP) and was shocked at how busy the FP entry was that day. Keep in mind my son loves this show and we’ve done it many times with and without FP. I’ve never seen it as mobbed as it was that weekend. It reminded me of going at Easter when I was a kid and people would get shut out of the show after waiting in line for a long time (before FP). I figured it was due to the high crowds at DHS for toy story land I can’t imagine what it will be like when Star Wars land opens and they don’t have this huge popular show to absorb tons of people several times a day

Have you heard anything about Tours moving?
there are a few possibilities..
One has it being rethemed - unknown target as of yet
Another has it possibly being torn down for some other attraction.

Nothing is known for sure as of yet

I enjoy the ride and would continue to do so if it was moved to Tomorrowland. Everything futuristic or alien seems to be going to either that or Futureworld in Epcot.

What will they do with Jedi Training Academy? They didn't list it as having a spot in the new land.

I don't think it will be moved into the new land - they seem pretty adamant about keeping the storyline in Batuu separate from the Vader/Ren storyline, and staging eight or nine "battles" a day with Vader and Ren against a group of kids would pretty much kill the immersion aspect of the new land.

Wow!!! That is such a people eater! Wonder how much worse crowds will be without it. We were there Veterans Day weekend and tried to go to the Saturday afternoon show. We got there right when it was starting (it wasn’t planned just realized we had some time to kill and a show was about to start) and it was already filled to capacity. We wound up going the next day as planned (had FP) and was shocked at how busy the FP entry was that day. Keep in mind my son loves this show and we’ve done it many times with and without FP. I’ve never seen it as mobbed as it was that weekend. It reminded me of going at Easter when I was a kid and people would get shut out of the show after waiting in line for a long time (before FP). I figured it was due to the high crowds at DHS for toy story land I can’t imagine what it will be like when Star Wars land opens and they don’t have this huge popular show to absorb tons of people several times a day
It would be helpful if you would say what you are talking about.

I’m personally looking to see if there’s new Episode 9 content added to ST. If they shell out for that, I’d have a hard time believing they’d shut it down or move it anytime soon.

I’m personally looking to see if there’s new Episode 9 content added to ST. If they shell out for that, I’d have a hard time believing they’d shut it down or move it anytime soon.
A scene for episode 9 is essentially confirmed, just not directly from Disney.

I agree with the sentiment that it doesn't fit anymore, but it will probably stick around because of the crowds.

I don't think it will be moved into the new land - they seem pretty adamant about keeping the storyline in Batuu separate from the Vader/Ren storyline, and staging eight or nine "battles" a day with Vader and Ren against a group of kids would pretty much kill the immersion aspect of the new land.
It’s fully possible that post episode 9 there will be a new storyline for Jedi training that will modify the show to bring it into Batuu. Certainly seems like they are lining everything up to “reset” the Jedi order as we know it into something different.

It’s fully possible that post episode 9 there will be a new storyline for Jedi training that will modify the show to bring it into Batuu. Certainly seems like they are lining everything up to “reset” the Jedi order as we know it into something different.

Possibly, although I don't see that fitting in with the immersion aspect. It really depends on how deep they want to go - for that same reason, I don't see them holding any meet and greets inside SWGE.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter