Star Wars and Avatar multiple sequel schedules.

More Star Wars films??? We love Star Wars, but honestly, the side story films haven't really done much for us.

More Star Wars films??? We love Star Wars, but honestly, the side story films haven't really done much for us.

None of us will ever see the last Star Wars movie. They'll be making them long after we're all dead!

Avatar sequels? Miss me with those.

Agreed! They are nice filler but not much meat on them. While I have enjoyed the most recent two and hoping the last one is good, the original trilogy IS Star Wars to me.

Rian Johnson who wrote and directed The Last Jedi was supposedly given his own original trilogy not related to the Skywalker saga ending with the upcoming ep 9. These 3 Star Wars films will most likely be his. While I wasn't a big fan of The Last Jedi, I really like Johnson's work and look forward to see what he comes up from an original story idea. Letting him run loose on the Skywalker story wasn't the greatest idea though.

Rian Johnson who wrote and directed The Last Jedi was supposedly given his own original trilogy not related to the Skywalker saga ending with the upcoming ep 9. These 3 Star Wars films will most likely be his. While I wasn't a big fan of The Last Jedi, I really like Johnson's work and look forward to see what he comes up from an original story idea. Letting him run loose on the Skywalker story wasn't the greatest idea though.
It’s either his or the other series of films they announced with the Game of Thrones creators.

Agreed! They are nice filler but not much meat on them. While I have enjoyed the most recent two and hoping the last one is good, the original trilogy IS Star Wars to me.

I still feel Rouge One holds up well against the best of the core Star Wars films ... but they do need to watch out for burn out between the films and Disney+. Alternating with Avatar is probably a good idea

It’s either his or the other series of films they announced with the Game of Thrones creators.

I Forgot all about those! I'd be all in for some Old Republic style films if the GoT folks were behind them

I still feel Rouge One holds up well against the best of the core Star Wars films ... but they do need to watch out for burn out between the films and Disney+. Alternating with Avatar is probably a good idea

Yeah I'm amazed at the Avatar plans. Honestly, I really don't feel that warranted a follow up, and I think it's going to be pretty hard to build interest in a saga, 12 years later. Seems more like they're just trying to build interest in it, to justify Pandora?

Yeah I'm amazed at the Avatar plans. Honestly, I really don't feel that warranted a follow up, and I think it's going to be pretty hard to build interest in a saga, 12 years later.

I agree about Avatar and don't have much interest in it (although I loved Pandora in Animal Kingdom) But you can never count out James Cameron. Hollywood was predicting Titanic and Avatar would never make up for the ridiculous budgets ... but he always gets the last laugh.

What do you mean? It’s a vast universe. They could do new planets we’ve never seen. Deeper dives into stuff we already have seen, or something completely new. They could take an idea from the Tv shows and make it into an entire film.

I meant what more could they do with the original series. Have since seen that they would do new characters/stories etc... Regardless, still think it's overkill... Especially since last one didn't go as well as planned. I think there is a real risk of Disney burning out what they assume is a cash cow. While there are are some fans that will go for anything, most are fans because of the original series, and aren't going to go for spin off.

I meant what more could they do with the original series. Have since seen that they would do new characters/stories etc... Regardless, still think it's overkill... Especially since last one didn't go as well as planned. I think there is a real risk of Disney burning out what they assume is a cash cow. While there are are some fans that will go for anything, most are fans because of the original series, and aren't going to go for spin off.
This is the end of the Skywalker saga. That was always known. Anything going forward would be new stories. I don't think of it as overkill. This is like Marvel. Its a universe, lots of stories to tell. People aren't obviously burned out by Marvel.

This is the end of the Skywalker saga. That was always known. Anything going forward would be new stories. I don't think of it as overkill. This is like Marvel. Its a universe, lots of stories to tell. People aren't obviously burned out by Marvel.

There's an apples to oranges comparison if I've ever seen one LOL. You can't even begin to compare the two. Marvel has always been about different storylines. Star Wars has built it's name by one continuous storyline.

There's an apples to oranges comparison if I've ever seen one LOL. You can't even begin to compare the two. Marvel has always been about different storylines. Star Wars has built it's name by one continuous storyline.
I am more or less talking about the universe aspect. Also no in more recent years they have not always been about the original storyline. Look at the Mandalorian coming out later this year. You have the Star Wars TV show series as well. Yes they all build off that original story but they add new characters and go to new places not seen in the 9 Skywalker saga films. Star Wars is and should not be limited to the Skywalkers. Its a universe.

I hated the last Jedi. But I only partially blame Rian Johnson. I blame Kathleen Kennedy the most because she didn't make sure there was an overarching story for the trilogy and that the directors stuck to it. JJ claims to have had an story arc that Johnson ignored, well that's Kennedy's fault. She's the boss.

I also place some blame for TLJ on JJ Abrams. He loves "the mystery box". All his TV shows and movies have "the mystery box" where he builds up a cool mystery with literally no way to explain it. Then he leaves for another project and sticks some poor sucker with his mystery (see LOST).

Why was Rey so powerful without training? I don't know...it's a MYSTERY
Who is Snoke? Another MYSTERY
Why did Rey get visions when she touched Luke's lightsaber? MYSTERY
Why did Kylo freak out when he heard about "the girl" on Jaku? Mystery
Why did Luke run away like a pansy? MYSTERY!!!
Why did Ep 7 copy A New Hope...it's a MYSTERY

So Johnson came up with his own explanations for the mysteries, and they all sucked. But that wasn't all his fault. Now we have Ep 9 and the only mystery left is why I should bother to spend my hard-earned money on it.

Speaking of Marvel, the Yahoo story (and a few others) pointed out that this schedule update results in (4) future Fox Marvel movies being cancelled.
I think means Buena Vista will produce all future (Fantastic 4/X Men) Marvel movies

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter