Star Wars Celebration: Chicago April 11-15, 2019

Are you enjoying our snowstorm today? :) Apparently here in Chicago we are big on themes and celebrating Games of Thrones premiere tonight... ;)
I’m back but it’s also snowing here too. I only live about 1.5 hours from Chicago.

I need all of them

This is a bit off topic with that, but I am somewhat worried about the Galaxy's Edge merch. I think we might need to start a discussion elsewhere on this.

I'm worried that all the hardcore fans will come in the start, then the casual Star Wars fan won't be as willing to purchase items that cost so much. I mean...come on, no way those outfits are cheap. I'm honestly worried that a lot of the original merch could disappear after the first year or so. I know that most prices haven't been revealed yet. And even though Disney thinks their fans have very deep, unlimited pockets, most of us don't.

I think that if there are original items that I really want, I might need to get those right away.

I'm ridiculously hyped for The Mandalorian! This is the kind of Star Wars that I LOVE. I'm just sad it's probably going to be spoiled to hell because it's going to be a starting show on Disney+ and I have no idea if/when we're going to get that in the UK.

This is a bit off topic with that, but I am somewhat worried about the Galaxy's Edge merch. I think we might need to start a discussion elsewhere on this.

I'm worried that all the hardcore fans will come in the start, then the casual Star Wars fan won't be as willing to purchase items that cost so much. I mean...come on, no way those outfits are cheap. I'm honestly worried that a lot of the original merch could disappear after the first year or so. I know that most prices haven't been revealed yet. And even though Disney thinks their fans have very deep, unlimited pockets, most of us don't.

I think that if there are original items that I really want, I might need to get those right away.
We have a thread on TPAS all about the merch.

I think Pandora was sort of a test bed for this. There is going to be so much merchandise in this land.

I was there yesterday and my husband and son are there today. One thing I thought neat was the person who designed the merchandise was in the galaxy edge booth. We loved the porg. After you went through the galaxy edge thread, there were people there to help you book your vacation.

Weather in Chicago is miserable today. 32 and snowing. I'm hoping it warms up so I don't have to shovel.

I was there yesterday and my husband and son are there today. One thing I thought neat was the person who designed the merchandise was in the galaxy edge booth. We loved the porg. After you went through the galaxy edge thread, there were people there to help you book your vacation.

Weather in Chicago is miserable today. 32 and snowing. I'm hoping it warms up so I don't have to shovel.
I loved the baby Tauntaun too!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!