Star Wars Celebration: Chicago April 11-15, 2019

Went to one of the Merch mini panels inside the GE booth. Not sure if this info is new or not.

They will have build-a-droid.

R2 and BB8 styles

Lots of interchangeability and upgrades like a serving tray for R2 units.

You can change personality of the droids with special chips sold separately.

Resistance, First Order, Smuggler are some of the personalities.

The droids interact in the park. Take a resistance droid to a resistance area and he will chrip happy. Take him to a First Order area and he will get scared.

Droids can also talk to each other.

You can buy backpacks to help carry them around and they have a flap so they can still interact with things.

A c3po that you can take apart and has different voice clips depending on how put together he is

A DJ Rex that is a bluetooth speaker that you can also remote control.

Went to one of the Merch mini panels inside the GE booth. Not sure if this info is new or not.

R2 and BB8 styles

The droids interact in the park. Take a resistance droid to a resistance area and he will chrip happy. Take him to a First Order area and he will get scared.

You can buy backpacks to help carry them around and they have a flap so they can still interact with things.

A c3po that you can take apart and has different voice clips depending on how put together he is

Some known info but definitely some new so thanks for sharing

The personality aspect I hadn't heard before, nor of the 3PO option

Some known info but definitely some new so thanks for sharing

The personality aspect I hadn't heard before, nor of the 3PO option

The C3PO is a seperate toy then the droid builder. It does not come with a remote but has very good articulation for a toy and has the different sounds. Like it knows if you put the head on backwards.

1gfwq9.jpg

Okay I only took one picture because I got excited talking to the woman about the droids and lost track of what I was doing.

Basically it will be a fairly long experience, build an R unit or a BB unit. The R units have some extra options by nature of the ability to add arms/blasters. You will pick body, legs, decals, head, and for the R unit they will also have accessories including a server set complete with little drink cups.

You will actually put the droid together yourself, including putting the motivator in the BB unit and everything. They are both RC controlled and have “personality chips” that you can change out if you buy extras. They will interact with the land by beeping and reacting to different things and this will be different depending on the personality chip installed.

They will have boxes, but they also have a backpack that they can be secured in (they lock into the bottom of it and the BB head will also have a spot to clip a chain form in the backpack to keep it from falling out) and leave open so you can hear the interactions.

They also said more decals will be available in the future. They may add colors/options but as of now there are no solid plans for that.

The only thing not in that picture above is the r unit bodies. They had white, red, and blue.

Mandalorian footage

I was busy today so I'm just catching up now but The Mandalorian looks epic! This will definitely be the first thing I watch on Disney +! And that crowd reaction was so awesome, gave me goosebumps!

1gfwq9.jpg

Okay I only took one picture because I got excited talking to the woman about the droids and lost track of what I was doing.

Basically it will be a fairly long experience, build an R unit or a BB unit. The R units have some extra options by nature of the ability to add arms/blasters. You will pick body, legs, decals, head, and for the R unit they will also have accessories including a server set complete with little drink cups.

You will actually put the droid together yourself, including putting the motivator in the BB unit and everything. They are both RC controlled and have “personality chips” that you can change out if you buy extras. They will interact with the land by beeping and reacting to different things and this will be different depending on the personality chip installed.

They will have boxes, but they also have a backpack that they can be secured in (they lock into the bottom of it and the BB head will also have a spot to clip a chain form in the backpack to keep it from falling out) and leave open so you can hear the interactions.

They also said more decals will be available in the future. They may add colors/options but as of now there are no solid plans for that.

The only thing not in that picture above is the r unit bodies. They had white, red, and blue.

Thanks for sharing! The Droid Depot is the shop I'm most excited about, everything about it looks and sounds awesome! I just hope the prices are reasonable.

Do they record them/release as a podcast or anything?
I think you can watch them later on? I missed a lot on Friday and Saturday afternoon so I hope so!

The Clone Wars panel just started! I can't wait for it to come back!!
I need to start watching this series.
Ashley Eckstein is so sweet. I love her!
Same. I find her very real.

R2 and BB8 styles

I now absolutely have to have one of these. Dh wants a light saber so this will be my souvenir.

1gfwq9.jpg

I am soooooo scared how much these are going to cost. No mention of price anywhere?

Now I'm watching the Alien and Creatures show hosted by Warwick Davis.

I love this live streaming, it's like the equivalent of the sports ball game being on TV for those who don't buy a ticket and watch in person.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter