Star Wars Celebration: Chicago April 11-15, 2019

Discussion in 'Disney Rumors and News' started by TheMaxRebo, Apr 11, 2019.

1. rteetz

rteetz Rumors and News Moderator Moderator

Tax day?

2. Moliphino

Moliphino DIS Veteran

Patriots' Day. Sadly I don't get it off work, though.

rteetz likes this.
  3. Avatar

Advertisement

4. The Pho

The Pho A heck of a paleontologist if I do say so myself

Patriots Day. Celebrated by Massachusetts, Maine, Connecticut, and Wisconsin. (And according to wikipedia it’s encouraged in Florida, whatever that means).

It’s a Revolutionary War holiday, complete with re-enactments of the Battles of Lexington and Concord as well as Paul Revere’s and William Dawes’ midnight rides. It’s also the date of the Boston Marathon every year since 1897.

middlechild and OhioStateBuckeye like this.
  5. rteetz

Well nobody has off here in WI I can tell you that.

OhioStateBuckeye likes this.
  6. eliseisawkward

eliseisawkward Mouseketeer

Just went through the saber display!!! It’s so good. The hilts are fairly hefty, I got to hold two different ones!! They seem to be a very high quality, not cheap plastic.

There will be legacy savers available (think Luke/Vader/etc) and the blade will be sold separately for those.
    (You can see legacy hilts here and also parts on a tray below)
    [​IMG]

The build-your-saber will be a complete (implied elaborate/long) experience. You will choose one of 4 paths (they have mentioned this before) and they will give you a pin to represent your path. Here are some example custom hilts and the pins:
    [​IMG]

You will be given parts based on you path and begin building by selecting a kyber crystal. There are parts to assemble everything you could want and the blade will be included in the experience (NOT sold separately).

Asked about pricing and if it would be different for different paths/etc and were told pricing had not been decided yet (company line) and they did not know if it would vary by path.

BigRed98 and leiaorgana like this.
  7. The Pho

The Pho A heck of a paleontologist if I do say so myself

Not surprised by that, I always forget which state out there supposedly celebrates and have to look it up everytime, and wonder why they do of all places. Here in Boston it’s quite big.

8. rteetz

Well yeah, the Boston marathon is a big deal so it makes sense.

9. Dis_Fan

Dis_Fan Mouseketeer

2020 Celebration in Anaheim!

eliseisawkward, BigRed98 and rteetz like this.
  10. eliseisawkward

Next celebration: Anaheim 2020!!!! Maybe switching to an every year model?!

rteetz likes this.
  11. rteetz

I’m surprised by that. I thought for sure they’d not have one in 2020 or go overseas like 2016.

eliseisawkward likes this.
  12. Dis_Fan

Dis_Fan Mouseketeer

I hope Chicago gets put in rotation. We do not need Celebration in Chicago every year but more then once every 20 years.

rteetz likes this.
  13. rteetz

Yeah I enjoyed it I’m Chicago and would definitely do it again there.

14. Dis_Fan

Dis_Fan Mouseketeer

Was a light day 5. Was in and out in 4 hours or so. Just what happens when you deal with traffic, snow, lines and all for 5 days.

I did throw together a cheap quick 40 dollar cosplay. So I present to you CASUAL ONSIE VADER:

Attached Files:

BuzzyBelle, ksromack and rteetz like this.
  15. OhioStateBuckeye

OhioStateBuckeye DIS Veteran

Wow, I'm shocked at 2020 for the next one. Wonder if they'll announce the new path that the SW movies will take at that time.

rteetz likes this.
  16. OhioStateBuckeye

OhioStateBuckeye DIS Veteran

I'd rather not have Chicago. How about a less expensive city, like when Indy had them.

Patriots day sounds like a cool holiday. When I lived in Texas they had Texas Independence as a big holiday that some work places got they day off for. It was also my birthday so that was nice the whole state celebrated.

17. Dis_Fan

Dis_Fan Mouseketeer

A few more Onsie Vader.
    The helmet is something I got at Wal-Mart on clearance months ago. The Onsie and Lightsaber were bought at Celebration at the Goodwill booth.

Resized_20190415_124358_4162.jpg Resized_20190415_130035_7312.jpg Resized_20190415_125109_4753.jpg Resized_20190415_133958_144.jpg Resized_20190415_125314_7856.jpg

18. rteetz

Indiana would be good but Anaheim isn’t exactly cheap nor is Orlando. If I’m going to either of those cities I’m adding on theme parks. I thought outside of the app glitches it worked really well in Chicago.

eliseisawkward and Dis_Fan like this.
  19. eliseisawkward

Love Onesie Vader!!! We actually did two panels today, and walked the floor and walked through the store a final time... so we were there until close. We just didn’t want it to end!!

The app glitches were totally unacceptable, like did they even test the app at all???

Otherwise this worked very well. The lottery was a good idea, but can be tweaked to make it more fair (rumors of people winning multiple seats to all the panels despite being one person). And the location worked very well. I had a great time and we will definitely go again... but not in Anaheim in 2020. Lol. My wallet can’t handle a Celebration every year.

rteetz likes this.
  20. rteetz

Yeah that was really the biggest downside to me.

eliseisawkward and Dis_Fan like this.
  21. Dis_Fan

Dis_Fan Mouseketeer

I am not sure it ever truly got fixed. I was able to Lightspeed the show store and the Galaxy Edge Merch Showcase but that is all I really ever saw.

It is a shame it never worked for the Thursday and Friday only people even a little.

rteetz likes this.