Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge Shopping and Merchandise: Savi’s, Droid Depot and More!

My understanding is that walk up for Savi's is nearly impossible. They have a set number of sessions and if those sessions are full, then there's no way to get in. However, plans change all the time, so keep checking. Something may open up. For people who decide to change plans, they have to cancel a day ahead if they don't want to be charged, so if you are unable to find a reservation before then, make sure to check the day before you are going.

Keep checking. People are always changing and cancelling. I for one cancelled mine just days before it was supposed to happen.

I agree with PP. pretty much the advice for anything you couldn’t get is to check the day before or day-of. There are usually last minute cancellations so that means last minute openings.

Savi and Droid Depot reservations open up 180 days in advance just like dining so it's a bit late, but I would check every day and you may get lucky. People change their plans all the time.

So i am going Feb 15th and went to make reservations for Savi's but there is none....does this mean I wont be able to make one or can I walk up?
Definitely check the day before as most people wait until the last minute to cancel. Also I merged you to the proper thread :) MTFBWY

I have 2 questions. 1 - They still have those spira cards or whatever at the Droid Depot, yes? I really want one. 2 - Can you bring a lightsaber into WDW? If I had an UltraSaber (what they use for jedi training academy, not the ones you build in the parks), can I bring it in with me? I suspect there's no visible difference, just a difference in quality. I don't actually have one but I've been considering it, and if I got one I'd want to bring it to WDW. Just curious what people's experiences have been!

I have 2 questions. 1 - They still have those spira cards or whatever at the Droid Depot, yes? I really want one. 2 - Can you bring a lightsaber into WDW? If I had an UltraSaber (what they use for jedi training academy, not the ones you build in the parks), can I bring it in with me? I suspect there's no visible difference, just a difference in quality. I don't actually have one but I've been considering it, and if I got one I'd want to bring it to WDW. Just curious what people's experiences have been!
1) yes
2) yes

it will be me, my wife and our 6 yr old....will they let the 3 of us in since there is noone to watch him?

it will be me, my wife and our 6 yr old....will they let the 3 of us in since there is noone to watch him?
Merged you to the proper thread
They are very strict with the 2 max capacity per group, one builder and once guest only, the space is small. You can always ask the cm at the entrance
Maybe someone here has had a recent experience they can share

y wife and our 6 yr old....will they let the 3 of us in since there is noone to
Merged you to the proper thread
They are very strict with the 2 max capacity per group, one builder and once guest only, the space is small. You can always ask the cm at the entrance
Maybe someone here has had a recent experience they can share
Thanks so much...didnt know who would watch my son so it either him or noone

My son and his wife are there now. Went to Droid Depot yesterday (Thursday) to get a Spira Credit (gift card coin) and were told they are no longer selling them and won't be getting any more. He said the CM said they didn't even know they weren't going to have them any more until they were out of them. :(

My son and his wife are there now. Went to Droid Depot yesterday (Thursday) to get a Spira Credit (gift card coin) and were told they are no longer selling them and won't be getting any more. He said the CM said they didn't even know they weren't going to have them any more until they were out of them. :(
Well, that's disappointing. You'd think they'd ensure stock once they saw how popular it was, not stop selling them... >_<

and I was told 2 days ag that they weren't sure if they would get more. I think if you are interested in them just go over to DD and check. If DL is indeed getting more they are bound to make the trip this way too

I did the droid build at DW, and there was a definite advantage to NOT having a reservation. Maybe it was a fluke, but the line for people with reservations was long. I didn’t have a reservation and there was only one party in front of me in the standby line. They made a point of having two parties with reservations go ahead of me, but they let me go in front of everyone else. Based on my singular experience, I wouldn’t worry about not being able to make a reservation.

I did the droid build at DW, and there was a definite advantage to NOT having a reservation. Maybe it was a fluke, but the line for people with reservations was long. I didn’t have a reservation and there was only one party in front of me in the standby line. They made a point of having two parties with reservations go ahead of me, but they let me go in front of everyone else. Based on my singular experience, I wouldn’t worry about not being able to make a reservation.

Depends on the day. Holiday weeks standby for this has reached up to an hour with the line out the door.

Depends on the day. Holiday weeks standby for this has reached up to an hour with the line out the door.
When I went on Jan. 6, I think I waited five minutes max before I was choosing parts. I think the only real wait I had was for a person to leave the parts area so I could get in there. Took me a while though to actually pick my pieces cause tbh I knew I wanted mine to look like R2-D2 but as one might guess, there were not a lot of pieces for R2-D2 though eventually some showed up. But none the less, I think it likely depends on when you go. There were more people in Standby than reservations when I went.

Bright suns! We're planning on visiting Batuu in the near future, and I fully plan on building a droid to carry around Black Spire. I'm torn on what to do about a backpack, however, because I need to bring some medical equipment and am planning on bringing my mirrorless camera with an extra lens. Would all of that fit in one of the Droid Depot backpacks, though?

EDIT: Also, could anyone give me the dimensions from the bottom of an R-series droid to the bottom of the head?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter