Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge Shopping and Merchandise: Savi’s, Droid Depot and More!

I booked a droid build for everyone in my party when I made our reservation in case everyone decided to do it. Now it looks like there will only be one or two of us. I wanted to go in and change the reservation to open it up for others who could fill those spots (still 4 months out) but I can only see how to cancel the whole thing. Is this something I need to call to change. Or if I cancel can I immediately rebook with the fewer number of slots?

I had originally booked for 3 people but we decided we will only build 2 so i called and they were able to remove one person

Can we finally get a pass holder discount for the legacy light saberS? I know we can get 20 off for anything else at dok Ondar

Yep, one of our two was all fuzzied up before we even got back to the resort that day. The other one not at all. It’s weird. I almost took the fuzzy one back that day, sort of wish I had.

Does anyone have a picture of what the lightsaber carrying cases look like? Are they included with the price of a Savi’s saber?

WARNING... schedule availability for Savi's on the My Disney Experience app/website may not be accurate!
Just wanted to drop a PSA to let people know that the calendars that show open dates for Savi's in the future are not necessarily accurate and up to date. I wanted to book my fast passes at 60 days before securing a reservation and based on what I was seeing as an open calendar in the future I thought I was fine. That was a mistake. After nabbing some great fast passes, including MFSR!, I went to book the light saber experience on MDE. It kept giving me message that "something went wrong" with each time I submitted for the length of our trip. I eventually called customer service and learned that it was fully booked for the two HS days in our schedule. AAAAGGGHHH! The customer service rep was a real trooper and managed to find us a later day to get it done. It will change our plans significantly, but I was about crushed thinking we wouldn't be able to do it. Thankfully, we had some flexibility to make it work and the customer service agent was a gem, even transferred my just booked fast passes as "any time" passes to the new day. However, word to the wise... don't trust the Savi's calendar availability with times showing on the app/website for MDE. Book the reservation ahead if it is important to you and figure out the fast passes later.
Yes, pretty much if you see an availability for Savi's, you pretty much have to book it that moment. If it shows the "something went wrong" that means there are no times in that slot (or if choosing Morning/Afternoon/Evening, it means it can't find a booking within the time range each of those fall under). However, I will advise for anyone reading this, keep checking back. When I went January 6, I actually booked my saber reservation barely two weeks prior but only after consistently checking. A time ended up showing up in the morning when I searched one night at like...1 a.m. lol. I'm glad it worked out for you though none the less, but yes definitely to anyone wanting Savi's, book first before doing anything else even if planning fastpasses, better to have the reservation and then figure out FP than do that first and only return to see the reservation gone because they fill up FAST.

Does anyone have a picture of what the lightsaber carrying cases look like? Are they included with the price of a Savi’s saber?
I don't have a carrying case to show as it's in Florida, I'm sure someone can post a photo of it though. But the carrying cases are provided as part of the experience after you build your saber. However, after choosing the type of saber you plan to build when you check in, you can also purchase a stand for the lightsaber to display (I think though it only works for the hilt, you'd have to remove the actual blade I believe), as well as a belt clip to carry the hilt on your belt.

I don't have a carrying case to show as it's in Florida, I'm sure someone can post a photo of it though. But the carrying cases are provided as part of the experience after you build your saber. However, after choosing the type of saber you plan to build when you check in, you can also purchase a stand for the lightsaber to display (I think though it only works for the hilt, you'd have to remove the actual blade I believe), as well as a belt clip to carry the hilt on your belt.

thanks for the info! So many ways for them to take all my money... and I can’t wait:rolleyes1

thanks for the info! So many ways for them to take all my money... and I can’t wait:rolleyes1
I plan to build another saber tbh...but I almost want to build two XD. Like I did Peace and Justice, but want to do Protection, but contemplating a third one but unsure if Elemental or Power...

Super excited about building our Droids in March. I haven't been able to locate links to look at the options for our body parts and extra accessories for the Droids. We want to have some ideas before we get there in case its a quick, high pressure situation in there! Does anyone have links to Droid building sites/blogs/etc?
I'll say that when I was there, it was pretty crowded--I had to wait for a spot at the conveyor belt, and when I'd filled my basket I had to wait in line for a build space. But there are numbered spots on the floor at the conveyor, and no one hassled me or hurried me along even though I kept grabbing parts, thinking about them, and putting them back. :p And once you're at the build counter all you have to choose are the accent pieces; other than that it's just following CM instructions.

Edit: One thing to note is that if you want to buy a personality chip, you will either need to buy it as part of a droid/chip/backpack package or make two separate purchases. They would not let me buy a personality chip at the counter where I payed for the build without buying the full package that included the backpack--the system won't ring it up. Presumably it goes the other way if you just want the backpack and weren't planning on a chip. When choosing a chip, you can visit a display outside the build area and there will be buttons you can press to hear different sample sounds from the personalities available.

I'm sorry I don't have a picture--but the case that's included is black fabric over what feels like a pool noodle, with a logo printed on it. You can buy a nicer-looking carry case made out of faux suade (I think?) at Dok Ondar's if you want something classier, but I opted to just go with the free one since I'll probably just wear the hilt on the belt clip if I bring my lightsaber back to the park at all.

Last edited:
Not the greatest photos, but I just leaned them against our room door and snapped a couple. It’s kind of hard to tell in a photo, far enough away to get the whole thing you can’t see detail, but close up it’s just a sliver of black. Hope it helps a little.A057D038-996D-405F-A569-809D64EA6C28.jpegC9AA249A-71AC-4810-B733-86B0017AC7B1.jpegC9AA249A-71AC-4810-B733-86B0017AC7B1.jpeg

I'll say that when I was there, it was pretty crowded--I had to wait for a spot at the conveyor belt, and when I'd filled my basket I had to wait in line for a build space. But there are numbered spots on the floor at the conveyor, and no one hassled me or hurried me along even though I kept grabbing parts, thinking about them, and putting them back. :p And once you're at the build counter all you have to choose are the accent pieces; other than that it's just following CM instructions.

Edit: One thing to note is that if you want to buy a personality chip, you will either need to buy it as part of a droid/chip/backpack package or make two separate purchases. They would not let me buy a personality chip at the counter where I payed for the build without buying the full package that included the backpack--the system won't ring it up. Presumably it goes the other way if you just want the backpack and weren't planning on a chip. When choosing a chip, you can visit a display outside the build area and there will be buttons you can press to hear different sample sounds from the personalities available.

Thank you for the tips. I'm glad to hear that they don't rush you. I expect it to be crowded and I'm fine with that....but I don't want to feel like I'm just grabbing things to get it done! Sounds like that is not the case. Did you get the chip/bag/droid combo when you built? Do you recommend the bag? There are 3 of us (me, my son and my daughter). I wasn't thinking of spending the extra $$$ to get us each a bag...but maybe a chip? We always have some sort of backpack with us so I'm hoping that will do even if its not as "droid friendly" as the ones they sell there. Is the area to shop for the chip and other accessories a high pressure area or can we look around? Are the prices for accessories (chips, bags, combo, etc) listed online somewhere for some pre-shopping?

I'm sorry I don't have a picture--but the case that's included is black fabric over what feels like a pool noodle, with a logo printed on it. You can buy a nicer-looking carry case made out of faux suade (I think?) at Dok Ondar's if you want something classier, but I opted to just go with the free one since I'll probably just wear the hilt on the belt clip if I bring my lightsaber back to the park at all.
Is there a discounted price for the package?

Not the greatest photos, but I just leaned them against our room door and snapped a couple. It’s kind of hard to tell in a photo, far enough away to get the whole thing you can’t see detail, but close up it’s just a sliver of black. Hope it helps a little.

that’s awesome, thanks so much!

Further notes to lightsaber owners who want to ship their lightsabers home: Mine came in the mail today and as soon as I picked up the box I heard the activation sound followed by a lot of humming! After I took it out of the box to check it and turned it off, it periodically made an electronic whining sound throughout the rest of the day. My first thought was that I was lucky there wasn't a shipping delay--I can imagine that unexplained sounds might be a cause for concern among postal workers. If I had it to do over again I'd remove the kyber crystal and/or the battery from the lightsaber before having it shipped, just to be safe.

Thank you for the tips. I'm glad to hear that they don't rush you. I expect it to be crowded and I'm fine with that....but I don't want to feel like I'm just grabbing things to get it done! Sounds like that is not the case. Did you get the chip/bag/droid combo when you built? Do you recommend the bag? There are 3 of us (me, my son and my daughter). I wasn't thinking of spending the extra $$$ to get us each a bag...but maybe a chip? We always have some sort of backpack with us so I'm hoping that will do even if its not as "droid friendly" as the ones they sell there. Is the area to shop for the chip and other accessories a high pressure area or can we look around? Are the prices for accessories (chips, bags, combo, etc) listed online somewhere for some pre-shopping?
I didn't get the combo--I'd bought a bucket bag to carry my droid in from Amazon ahead of time, so I just got the droid and the chip. From my budget writeup, it looks like I spent $106.49 on the droid and $12.77 on the chip after tax--but I have an AP discount. Can't remember if that applied to the droid or only to the chip.

I recommend having a bag of some sort. I ended up carrying my droid around in its box the first day because I'd put too much stuff in my bag and because the CM didn't want to let me leave without a box, and while it was okay I strongly preferred having it in a bag on subsequent days to keep my hands free. And while I was in Droid Depot a kid in the group behind me was having a rough time holding the basket with his droid's parts--3.5 lbs might be a bit much for some kids to carry all day in a box, depending on their age/size. From seeing people walking around with the backpacks they seemed to work well, but I don't think it's strictly necessary. Also, I liked having mine in a crossbody bag because it was easier to see and hear it when it reacted to things around SWGE.

The accessories area isn't high pressure--it's just a regular shop area. You might have to wait to get at the displays, though, if it's very busy.
Is there a discounted price for the package?
I don't know. I think someone earlier in this thread wrote about it and it sounded like if there was a discount it wasn't significant.

Does anybody know if the droid backpacks are currently readily available at this time?

I'm sorry if this has been answered already, I couldn't find it. My ADR date is coming up, and we're looking at both Savvi's and Droid Depot (maybe just one). The question is - there are 4 of us, 2 adults, 2 kids. We want to build 2 of whatever we decide, and have a guest with each builder - do I just make 2 reservations, or do all 4 names need to be on the reservation list? I'm assuming 2, but I don't want to mess this up! Thanks!!

I'm sorry if this has been answered already, I couldn't find it. My ADR date is coming up, and we're looking at both Savvi's and Droid Depot (maybe just one). The question is - there are 4 of us, 2 adults, 2 kids. We want to build 2 of whatever we decide, and have a guest with each builder - do I just make 2 reservations, or do all 4 names need to be on the reservation list? I'm assuming 2, but I don't want to mess this up! Thanks!!
I recently made our Droid Depot appt and the reservation asks for the names of the builders only...so that means in your case you'd list just folks that are building. The other 2 would be considered the 'guests' of the builders. I can't answer for Savvi's....not sure if it's the same. Have a great time!

You want a reservation for 2 at each location. The reservation is for a builder, if you have a reservation for 2 at each location you will be making 2 droids at droid depot and 2 lightsabers at savis.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter