Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge Shopping and Merchandise: Savi’s, Droid Depot and More!

I'm sorry if this has been answered already, I couldn't find it. My ADR date is coming up, and we're looking at both Savvi's and Droid Depot (maybe just one). The question is - there are 4 of us, 2 adults, 2 kids. We want to build 2 of whatever we decide, and have a guest with each builder - do I just make 2 reservations, or do all 4 names need to be on the reservation list? I'm assuming 2, but I don't want to mess this up! Thanks!!
You would need to make two separate reservations for Savi's, with two builders plus two guests. However depending on when you plan to go, it may be very difficult, you can keep checking often and reservations will open up. However, from what I just tried just to see, a reservation is only for one person, so you'd actually need to book two and hope there are reservations for the same time for two different people (again people feel free to let me know, it might not be the case cause I only have myself on my account so it may only think I'm booking for one person). At the moment they only have availabilities for three days between now and March 29. They go super fast.

Sooo folks here's a question that's a bit odd I know, but we've had many questions in this thread about taking sabers on the planes. HOWEVER, now that I know it is possible, well, I was able to get two more reservations for saber creation. I read in some cases some people have taped two bags together, but I'm wondering does anyone have any idea if taking three sabers on board would work if I taped the sheaths together? Just trying to figure out if this would work...

You would need to make two separate reservations for Savi's, with two builders plus two guests. However depending on when you plan to go, it may be very difficult, you can keep checking often and reservations will open up. However, from what I just tried just to see, a reservation is only for one person, so you'd actually need to book two and hope there are reservations for the same time for two different people (again people feel free to let me know, it might not be the case cause I only have myself on my account so it may only think I'm booking for one person). At the moment they only have availabilities for three days between now and March 29. They go super fast.

This is not accurate. It may have something to do with you being the only one on your account. I have my family of three, plus DS's friend, linked to my MDE. I was able to select the number of participants I wanted (even more than I had linked, actually) and make a single reservation for as many participants as I wanted. In your case, you can make ONE reservation for TWO participants and have two "watchers". Just have an idea of when you'd like to work it into your day, you're given a choice of 3 times-at least I was- (depending upon availability). Also, I don't *think* you need to wait for your ADR date to secure a timeslot. If you go to Savi's page, you can make your reservation there. They have slots open through August 9th currently. If your ADR day is coming up soon, you shouldn't have an issue getting the day and time you want if you want to book it now.

This is not accurate. It may have something to do with you being the only one on your account. I have my family of three, plus DS's friend, linked to my MDE. I was able to select the number of participants I wanted (even more than I had linked, actually) and make a single reservation for as many participants as I wanted. In your case, you can make ONE reservation for TWO participants and have two "watchers". Just have an idea of when you'd like to work it into your day, you're given a choice of 3 times-at least I was- (depending upon availability). Also, I don't *think* you need to wait for your ADR date to secure a timeslot. If you go to Savi's page, you can make your reservation there. They have slots open through August 9th currently. If your ADR day is coming up soon, you shouldn't have an issue getting the day and time you want if you want to book it now.
I'm a bit confused as on Savi’s reservations every day is crossed off till almost end of March with exception of two days that clearly had a cancellation. (If what you meant was that there were plenty of Savi’s reservation openings). Now after March those still have plenty of openings. But maybe the website works differently for you jagafen? I was just going by how it was behaving for me. Thanks though for advising about the actual reservation placements, it is possible as I'm only one account that's why it's showing up as only one booking. However as you mentioned, the person looking into droid or Savi can just make reservation anytime before their ADR, just depends if there are openings for Savi’s for example.

Last edited:

I'm a bit confused as on Savi’s reservations every day is crossed off till almost end of March with exception of two days that clearly had a cancellation. (If what you meant was that there were plenty of Savi’s reservation openings). Now after March those still have plenty of openings. But maybe the website works differently for you jagafen? I was just going by how it was behaving for me. Thanks though for advising about the actual reservation placements, it is possible as I'm only one account that's why it's showing up as only one booking. However as you mentioned, the person looking into droid or Savi can just make reservation anytime before their ADR, just depends if there are openings for Savi’s for example.

Didn't mean to confuse anyone. I bolded your statement that I was trying to correct, but responding to the OP with the rest of my comments. But you're accurate with most of March being unavailable...my comment that there were plenty of bookings available was meant for April to August. Sorry if that was not clear in my post.

Didn't mean to confuse anyone. I bolded your statement that I was trying to correct, but responding to the OP with the rest of my comments. But you're accurate with most of March being unavailable...my comment that there were plenty of bookings available was meant for April to August. Sorry if that was not clear in my post.
Ah OK no worries. And understandable, I was going with the information I had based on my own Disney website experience. I'd rather someone advise if I was off with my information as I don't want to misinform anyone :)

My Wife and daughter and I are going soon. I have a reservation to build a droid, my daughter will be my "Guest" but what are the odds of my wife being able to snap a few pics of us while we are building the droid?

Any guesses as to why Savi's calendar is "unavailable" through August today when they were showing avaibility through Aug 10/11 yesterday? I"m trying to change our reservation for late July....

Any guesses as to why Savi's calendar is "unavailable" through August today when they were showing avaibility through Aug 10/11 yesterday? I"m trying to change our reservation for late July....
I'm seeing availability through Aug 11th.

Sayhello

My grandson loves the BB droid he built on our trip last month. His birthday is next month and I'd love to surprise him with an R droid. Anyone know if you can order one online anywhere? I don't see any offered for sale at the Disney store. Is there a way to contact the park and have one shipped? Any other ideas?

My grandson loves the BB droid he built on our trip last month. His birthday is next month and I'd love to surprise him with an R droid. Anyone know if you can order one online anywhere? I don't see any offered for sale at the Disney store. Is there a way to contact the park and have one shipped? Any other ideas?
if you want it from the droid depot specifically you won't find it in stores, maybe a personal shopper?
For just an R unit, specifically R2D2 you can find good quality on Sphero and other websites

if you want it from the droid depot specifically you won't find it in stores, maybe a personal shopper?
For just an R unit, specifically R2D2 you can find good quality on Sphero and other websites
Thanks. Doesn't need to be from there - just would like something with similar functionality and of similar quality.

Thanks. Doesn't need to be from there - just would like something with similar functionality and of similar quality.

There may be Droid Depot R units on ebay.
The Sphero droids are high quality but discontinued. They can still be found on Amazon and Ebay. They’re only a few inches high but well built. You control them with an app and/or the Force Band that Sphero made. If you have more than one (not of the same type), they interact with each other. Some droids come with a Force Band, which is also a toy on its own. The bad thing about the Sphero droids is they run on lithium rechargeable batteries that can’t be replaced. Once the battery stops holding a charge, the droid becomes an expensive figurine.

There may be some other version of a remote control R2-D2- a google search would show you.

There may be Droid Depot R units on ebay.
The Sphero droids are high quality but discontinued. They can still be found on Amazon and Ebay. They’re only a few inches high but well built. You control them with an app and/or the Force Band that Sphero made. If you have more than one (not of the same type), they interact with each other. Some droids come with a Force Band, which is also a toy on its own. The bad thing about the Sphero droids is they run on lithium rechargeable batteries that can’t be replaced. Once the battery stops holding a charge, the droid becomes an expensive figurine.

There may be some other version of a remote control R2-D2- a google search would show you.

Never thought to look on Ebay - thank you! Just bought one!

Savi's lightsaber question, but I admit this might be the wrong thread. DS10 built at Savi's in DL in June 2019, when it first opened. During the build he and the CM had difficulty getting the hilt to read the green kyber crystal, so they swapped out for a replacement hilt during the build. Everything ended up being great. Now, rather suddenly, his green lightsaber will occasionally flicker or change color to red or yellow. No changing of crystal, but changing color with the green crystal, on its own. Does not happen very often, but has happened. I've tried finding answers online, but my results are all about how to use an RFID reader/changer...which isn't what I'm looking for. Any thoughts? We will be down for just 1 day on Feb 27, and we *could* just pack up the hilt without the blade if someone at WDW can provide any assistance. Or maybe I'm just overreacting and this is normal? But I can't imagine so. Thoughts??

Savi's lightsaber question, but I admit this might be the wrong thread. DS10 built at Savi's in DL in June 2019, when it first opened. During the build he and the CM had difficulty getting the hilt to read the green kyber crystal, so they swapped out for a replacement hilt during the build. Everything ended up being great. Now, rather suddenly, his green lightsaber will occasionally flicker or change color to red or yellow. No changing of crystal, but changing color with the green crystal, on its own. Does not happen very often, but has happened. I've tried finding answers online, but my results are all about how to use an RFID reader/changer...which isn't what I'm looking for. Any thoughts? We will be down for just 1 day on Feb 27, and we *could* just pack up the hilt without the blade if someone at WDW can provide any assistance. Or maybe I'm just overreacting and this is normal? But I can't imagine so. Thoughts??
I don't know what's going on, but my understanding is that they *will* help you at SWGE.

Sayhello

we Are building our lightsabers at 0930, is there a safe place to store them at the park until it gets dark? I would really like to get some nighttime photopass pictures with them but I have no idea what to do with them while we go on rides.

we Are building our lightsabers at 0930, is there a safe place to store them at the park until it gets dark? I would really like to get some nighttime photopass pictures with them but I have no idea what to do with them while we go on rides.

You can bring them on any ride except the Rockin roller coaster. Other choices are getting a locker or sending them to the front for pick up. It’ll take a few hours for the sabers to get to the front of the park.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!