Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge Shopping and Merchandise: Savi’s, Droid Depot and More!

Red has a lot, I too thought each color only had one voice until I got one. A quick Google search confirmed otherwise, and I have since reprogrammed all of mine to the voices I wanted. I’d rather do that than play blind-box shenanigans.

How do you reprogram the crystals? DS & myself are going in April and I am curious how to do this! Thanks

Yes, sorry I misworded that. I know it's not linked to the magic band, I meant more like do I scan my MB like at fastpass or do they look it up a different way.
You actually when you walk in just given them your name, they have a datapad (ipad/tablet) with the list of reservations. They'll find your name and check you in.

How does it work if your reservation for Savi’s is at 7:05am on a 7:00 park opening day? Do you get to go into the park early or do you just have to run there quickly when it opens at 7? Also, how does this work out with getting into a boarding group for ROTR? Anyone have advice?

How does it work if your reservation for Savi’s is at 7:05am on a 7:00 park opening day? Do you get to go into the park early or do you just have to run there quickly when it opens at 7? Also, how does this work out with getting into a boarding group for ROTR? Anyone have advice?
They have been letting people enter the park way before official opening time. So if the park opens at 7:00, you'll be in the park, in a holding area, like between 6:15 to 6:30. You won't be able to get into SWGE until 7am, but I'm sure they won't penalize you for showing up a few minutes late when they know the park opens at 7.

Sayhello

Anyone know or experience if there any issues or hassle with a Droid Depot droid as your carryon luggage?
Im assuming its not, but hate to have to dump them at TSA.

Thanks for any replies folks.

Anyone know or experience if there any issues or hassle with a Droid Depot droid as your carryon luggage?

My 2 boys had one of the large Disney reusable bags with a droid, resistance helmet, and mouse droid popcorn bucket in each as their carry one, and we had no problems with SW.

Anyone have any recommendations for either Savi's lightsaber experience versus the droid one? I know the price difference, but what one is cooler....HAHAHA

Anyone have any recommendations for either Savi's lightsaber experience versus the droid one? I know the price difference, but what one is cooler....HAHAHA

I’ve only done the droid. It’s pretty awesome waking your droid up and hearing the reactions around the outpost. I’ve heard that Savi’s is a very immersive, thrilling 15mn experience- but the quality of the sabers isn’t great. There have been reports of chipped blades from very light use, sabers staying on unless the battery is removed, gaps where there is no light in the blade, etc.

Our droid came home in a backpack as a personal item on Frontier. No issues with TSA or the airline.

I've done both Savi's and Droid Depot and would recommend ether. When doing Savi's it's super immersive and i got chills down my spine while the "show" part of the experience was taking place. Also lifting your saber for the first time after building the saber is an experience I'll never forget. While my saber has some alignment issues between the pieces the build quality of the parts themselves seem good. They are not meant for full blown saber battles but would stand up to light play easily and are a great display and story piece for your trip. The droids on the other hand while being a cool experience seem a little cheap for what you're paying. Droid building also felt like being herded around like cattle. The building of the droid was fun and it's cool to play around with them and have them interact with the land. If money isn't an issue I would do Savi's as that was a much more personal and immersive experience. That's just my opinion.

I’ve only done the droid. It’s pretty awesome waking your droid up and hearing the reactions around the outpost. I’ve heard that Savi’s is a very immersive, thrilling 15mn experience- but the quality of the sabers isn’t great. There have been reports of chipped blades from very light use, sabers staying on unless the battery is removed, gaps where there is no light in the blade, etc.
I've done both Savi's and Droid Depot and would recommend ether. When doing Savi's it's super immersive and i got chills down my spine while the "show" part of the experience was taking place. Also lifting your saber for the first time after building the saber is an experience I'll never forget. While my saber has some alignment issues between the pieces the build quality of the parts themselves seem good. They are not meant for full blown saber battles but would stand up to light play easily and are a great display and story piece for your trip. The droids on the other hand while being a cool experience seem a little cheap for what you're paying. Droid building also felt like being herded around like cattle. The building of the droid was fun and it's cool to play around with them and have them interact with the land. If money isn't an issue I would do Savi's as that was a much more personal and immersive experience. That's just my opinion.
Thank you both. Right now I have a reservation for the lightsaber......think I might do a droid as well the 2nd time we go back.

Hello, can anyone describe the "rear entrance" of Droid Depot in FL? Im hoping for the Black Spire coin. Cheers!

Yes, I'm aware. However I recall reading someone had once put it alongside their seat against the wall of the plane. So not in the aisle, but under the seat along the wall (given it's fairly long, obviously doesn't end up all under the seat).
I did that exactly with my brothers lightsaber on the flight back a month ago. I had the window seat and put the lightsaber (in carrying case) against the wall of the plane under the window, but not laying on the ground because I was afraid someone in the rows in front/behind me would step on it. I didn't have a problem/issues from anyone. But I will also admit that the black bag blended in very nicely with my black leggings I had on that day so the flight attendance never noticed/could see it. 😬🤫

I was wondering if Savis or the droid depot now accept DVC or AP discounts? You have to imagine they will start accepting these discounts at some point in the future.

My 10 year old is asking to do the saber build on our upcoming trip. I was thinking of letting my 14 year old accompany him for the experience. I think I read that it would be allowed if one is 14? Also is the “guest” person allowed to help at all or do they actually just stand behind and watch?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!