Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge Shopping and Merchandise: Savi’s, Droid Depot and More!

How strict are they on the guest limit? I will be there solo with my two kids and my son wants to build a lightsaber. Hes too young for me to send in by himself (under 14) and my daughter is too young to be left alone while i accompany him. Are my only options 1) pay 400 and have my daughter build a lightsaver she doesnt want or 2) tell my son he cannot do this? Anybody ever run into this problem before.
Merged you to the correct thread
They are strict. Savi's is an intimate experience with limited space. You can always ask at the entrance to see if they can do anything but I wouldn't count on it. There's a build a lightsaber experience at Tattooine Traders, MK, DS where you can build one, the plastic kind

We are planning to be at HS on 3/13. So quickly coming up. I was at DL this past September and saw plenty of walk ups for Savi’s, so I thought nothing of it. Now, after more research I am realizing this might be a fatal error in comparison to Hollywood Studios. . . I am Disney Veteran and I’m kicking myself at this mistake.

My Teenage Son, Senior Adult Dad and Myself are all wanting to do Savi’s. Willing to be walkup and wait. What are chances and best advice?

Thanks in advance!!!

Keep check and be flexible with the times. You can probably find a reservation still, but it may not be at a time you prefer. Btw, if you plan on doing RotR, getting your Savi's reservation early is a good bet since you have a two hour window for a RotR boarding group, giving you plenty of time to build your lightsaber. Also, I would point out that Disney World is far more tourist oriented than Disneyland is, making reservations more essential than at Disneyland(though a reservation there would certainly be a good idea as well).

What happens if you reserve for two and only one can go for Savi's lightsaber build? I see there is no modify button on the reservation, only cancel. I know with dining options that is not a problem to have less show up than reserved for, but how about Savi's? Also, can you pay with a separate card than what you used for guaranteeing the reservation? How about using multiple CC?

I am booking for my brother and his friend, which is the reason for my questions. Want to make sure if either of them can't go there won't be a penalty and if they both go they can pay for their experience with their own CC.

Thanks!

What happens if you reserve for two and only one can go for Savi's lightsaber build? I see there is no modify button on the reservation, only cancel. I know with dining options that is not a problem to have less show up than reserved for, but how about Savi's? Also, can you pay with a separate card than what you used for guaranteeing the reservation? How about using multiple CC?

I am booking for my brother and his friend, which is the reason for my questions. Want to make sure if either of them can't go there won't be a penalty and if they both go they can pay for their experience with their own CC.

Thanks!
There is a number to call on the reservation, they should call that to modify it to a reservation for 1. I do not know what they do about “half no-shows” but I do know that you can modify the reservation so that someone else can book the now unused spot.
Edit: yes you can pay with separate credit cards and neither has to be the one you booked with!

Thanks!
Maybe it would be better to make 2 separate reservations for the same time, that way you can manage them individually.

FYI, once again there are now some early morning Savi times showing up for the last half of March on previously sold out dates. All in the 8am hour to match up with the earlier park opening time. They won’t last long.

FYI for anybody looking for a Savi’s reservation between March 1-14. As of early this morning there was availability between 8am-9am for all those days, matching up to the recently moved up opening hours.
At least I *think* this is news. I’m pretty sure those days were all sold out when checking on them previously.
We are planning to be at HS on 3/13. So quickly coming up. I was at DL this past September and saw plenty of walk ups for Savi’s, so I thought nothing of it. Now, after more research I am realizing this might be a fatal error in comparison to Hollywood Studios. . . I am Disney Veteran and I’m kicking myself at this mistake.

My Teenage Son, Senior Adult Dad and Myself are all wanting to do Savi’s. Willing to be walkup and wait. What are chances and best advice?

Thanks in advance!!!
FYI, once again there are now some early morning Savi times showing up for the last half of March on previously sold out dates. All in the 8am hour to match up with the earlier park opening time. They won’t last long.
@soonergreg9802 Did you notice this? Are you able to get your Savi's reservation for 8am?

Nothing is showing up available on 3/13. But I will keep eyes peeled. We may end up asking for stand by. Which is ok. We will be very flexible that day.
I would just advise that you get there early. I remember when I did my build around 11 (on 1/6) some people came up to the person directing people to the scrap area, who told them reservations were full. It might still work, but sounded that there would be no openings rest of day.

Last edited:
For anyone still looking for info/confirmation on lightsaber shipping:
It's $18 ground (8 to 10 days) or $36 air (did not get details, since I did ground shipping). The delivery is made by USPS, and Disney will replace anything that's broken on arrival. They've had issues with USPS leaving things on doorsteps even if instructed not to, so if you have the option of shipping to your workplace or somewhere else with secure delivery you might want to do that. Also, I had kept the lightsaber after the build so I could get photos, and returned with it to the park about half a week later to ship it. I went to Dok Ondar's because I wanted to buy a hilt stand (regretted not getting it as part of the package at Savi's), and they were also able to arrange shipping for the lightsaber from there. I had my Savi's receipt with me, but they did not ask to see it. I was able to have the hilt stand shipped with the lightsaber at no additional expense.

Dok Ondar's was pretty busy every time I went in there, so if you aren't buying a specific item there you might save time by having your lightsaber shipped from a different shop. The First Order shop didn't seem like it got too crowded most of the time, but I don't know that I would have felt right handing my lightsaber over to the First Order!

I had a reservation for 10:00 on Saturday, January 25, and I was actually pretty annoyed that they seemed to be taking the standby line at the same rate as the reservation line when the reservation line was actually a bit longer than standby--what on earth was the point of having a reservation?? I guess depending on the day you might end up with an advantage if standby gets very long, and it might be different in the evening, but in my experience it was not particularly helpful. On another morning later in my trip I dropped in at DD around 7:15 to look at accessories and there was no line at all on either side. Also, the conveyor belt and build stations didn't have crowding issues like they did during my build, so if anyone is going early to get a BG for RotR and not planning to RD Smuggler's Run, I'd highly recommend going in and building your droid first thing in the morning. That was also a great time to go to Oga's; I made a reservation for 8:30 on the fly that morning but showed up at 7:30 and got let in early (if I hadn't been solo, though, they might have made me wait).

100% glad I had a reservation for Savi's, though, zero question that it let me skip what would have been a very long wait.
How long did the total Droid Depot experience take for you, including the time waiting in line?

How long did the total Droid Depot experience take for you, including the time waiting in line?
I know you were asking YawningDodo, but on 1/6 I went to the Droid Depot for my 9:40 reservation a few minutes early. Got checked in, and if I recall I was done by about 10:15. HOWEVER, please note that had to do also with me buying the droid bag and personality chip, and then also taking some extra time at the conveyor belt as I wanted R2 pieces for an actual R2D2. And those pieces are not plentiful I found on the belt so took me a while longer. My guess is if I had just grabbed some pieces that were more plentiful, I may have actually been checking out after a half hour. It really just depends if you just are building but not caring about a specific design and how busy it is that day. I also had about four people ahead of me to get a building station. I'd suggest maybe giving yourself up to 40/45 minutes just in case? that way if you finish early you've got plenty of time to do other stuff.

Revan46 is spot on with my own experience. I too wanted a replica of R2D2. It took me longer to find the parts than my wife. My wife chose black and orange and as we assembled them, the right side would not screw on. The CM, took it apart, and retrieved her a new body. Give yourself 45 minutes.

Are the Spira gift cards still gone? Is that looking like a permanent thing then if they are?

So I've had my lightsaber here for about 2 weeks. I was surprised how quickly it shipped! It almost beat me home!

It was leaning up against a corner in it's protective case until I found a way to mount it. Yesterday, it got knocked over. It didn't fall hard, and appears fine. However, it's started making the phantom sounds (that sound like when you insert the kyber crystal) which it was not doing before. I'm wondering if something got jarred around and is maybe shorted or something. I took the handle apart, removed & re-inserted the kyber crystal to be sure it was soundly seated. But it's still making the noise. I notice the kyber crystal is still lit up even when the saber is turned off. Is that normal? Has anyone figured how to fix this?

Thanks!
Sayhello

Do you know if there is any chance to get a walkon on Savi’s? My husband first said he didn’t care and now he wants to do it. Same thing with Ogas but with that one I was able to get a reservation checking everyday, no luck witn Savi’s.

Do you know if there is any chance to get a walkon on Savi’s? My husband first said he didn’t care and now he wants to do it. Same thing with Ogas but with that one I was able to get a reservation checking everyday, no luck witn Savi’s.
That’s pretty tough. I would keep checking up to the day of your DHS day though. People will cancel the day before or day of.

What day are you looking for? If they add park hours during your trip, they most likely will add reservation times.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!