Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge Shopping and Merchandise: Savi’s, Droid Depot and More!

hii!! new to this thread but had some useful info.

Just returned home from DLR with our BB unit from Droid Depot. We have hardwood floors, with area rugs. By far the droid functions better on the carpet rather than the hardwood. It slides around significantly on hardwood, and it's head popped off multiple times after it would lose control and run into furniture. I moved to our (small) area rug, and it functioned much better and was easier to handle. I don't regret choosing a BB unit, but if I knew this earlier it may have swayed me to get a R2 unit.

not sure on availability as it's not showing on the app but there's a Pandora store on SUnset blvd
I believe it is a park exclusive charm, so that's why it's showing unavailable online.

I was at DLR last week and it was in every store that had charms.

I thought I read that the Spira Metal Gift Cards weren't available any longer. Has anyone seen them in the parks? We go in 11 days and I would love to get one before I build my droid.
I asked at wdw GE today (droid depot). The CM said they are permanently gone, that it was just for the opening. They have run out and there’ll be no more.

I asked about Disneyland still having some and she said they just haven’t run out yet, if they’re still selling. (Very true I suppose.)

Take this with a grain of salt though. Sometimes CMs get things wrong. (I had one experience this morning where a CM told me a blatantly wrong thing.)

I asked at wdw GE today (droid depot). The CM said they are permanently gone, that it was just for the opening. They have run out and there’ll be no more.

I asked about Disneyland still having some and she said they just haven’t run out yet, if they’re still selling. (Very true I suppose.)

Take this with a grain of salt though. Sometimes CMs get things wrong. (I had one experience this morning where a CM told me a blatantly wrong thing.)
I've seen reports from several people hearing the same thing from several CMs. So it might be factual at this point. I actually ended up buying one for about US$20 (I'm Canadian so was closer to $30 for me) on a site and it was legitimate. Pretty cool and worth buying for my collection from GE.

I heard a similar story a couple of weeks ago, with the added comment that WDW see many more (unique) visitors than Disneyland so it is not surprising WDW would sell out first. She also Disneyland is often sending WDW extra stock of parts that WDW is running low on or runs out of. I guess they just don't share Spira.

It was very time of day dependant. I was there on Friday the 14th and saw waits from zero to 45 minutes. I shopped there twice that day and had no wait to buy kyber crystals and only two or three in front of me to buy legacy lightsabers.

I am fairly certain late in the day on Saturday lines had decreased again. We went to Universal on Sunday, but I heard waits for legacy lightsabers peeked over 1.5 hours then.

That’s pretty tough. I would keep checking up to the day of your DHS day though. People will cancel the day before or day of.

Only a fool would cancel the day of, since they'll be charged regardless. So check the day before.

Some people do cancel same day and don't get charged or they have no option but to get charge

I hope that everyone that cancels same day gets charged, as it's a jerk move. I understand that sometimes the day gets away from you, but barring legit emergencies, make your darn reservations!

I hope that everyone that cancels same day gets charged, as it's a jerk move. I understand that sometimes the day gets away from you, but barring legit emergencies, make your darn reservations!
I don't like generalizing as in "everyone", sometimes things do happen that are complete unpredictable. It's at the discretion of the cm or manager to charge. So if you're already at the park it doesn't hurt to check and see if there are any last minute cancellations

No shows, no calls generally do get charged. However, things do happen. People can easily be delayed by getting stuck on a ride, from a dining reservation or due to transportation issues. Illness can also cause you to miss a reservation. Disney is very forgiving, and I am glad of that. Now, just cancelling because you don't feel like it or changing your mind at the last minute, I agree it's a jerk move.

No shows, no calls generally do get charged. However, things do happen. People can easily be delayed by getting stuck on a ride, from a dining reservation or due to transportation issues. Illness can also cause you to miss a reservation. Disney is very forgiving, and I am glad of that. Now, just cancelling because you don't feel like it or changing your mind at the last minute, I agree it's a jerk move.

No argument here! If something unexpected happens and you make the effort to inform the restaurant, that's life!

I'm not sure if anybody has asked this yet, sorry if it's already been discussed. Does anybody know if you can buy extra pieces at Droid Depot after you build your droid? Another Head? If so how much they are?

I'm not sure if anybody has asked this yet, sorry if it's already been discussed. Does anybody know if you can buy extra pieces at Droid Depot after you build your droid? Another Head? If so how much they are?
No extra pieces other than the serving tray for the a R unit like R2 uses iiib RotJ. You can buy stickers and the personality chips

Dok-Ondars Den of Antiquities is hit and miss. Depending on the day and crowds, I have walked right in and other days there are lines.

We’re big Star Wars fans, yada yada yada, I don’t really personally care about owning a lightsaber prop, but I’m sure my 7-year olds would love them. Since the focus of our upcoming trip is GE I originally figured, I don’t care if it’s $400, I want all the experiences, and planned to get a reservation.

But it’s occurred to me that here and over on reddit I feel like people are constantly complaining about their lightsabers breaking, either parts falling off or electronic issues. And all the questions about shipping them or can I take them on a plane... started really making me think that they abound like a real burden. And maybe just not worth it.

Thoughts and opinions from those that have done it? I’d love to hear from both perspectives.

My husband did it in September and my 14 year old did it in January. They both LOVED it. They are pretty proud of their lightsabers that they build themselves. Mind you, they don't really play with them or use them much at all, but they have them in their rooms and like to show them off if people come over. LOL. They really are a heavy, quality item IMO. We are going again in August, and my 17 year old will be building one. He is excited for it.

My DH had his sent to our room so we could continue riding rides in HS that day. We were on the Skyliner for the trip with my son and we needed a break, so we took his to our room, then went back to the parks later.

For both of them, we packed the hilt in our checked luggage. So then only the blade was in the scabbard/holder thing. We fly Southwest. With DH's, we put the scabbard in the overhead compartment, then both of our carryons in front of it. No problem. With DS's, the scabbard was the only carryon we had and we just stuck it overhead and had to be careful to remember to get it. I had to stand on the seat to reach it as it was all the way in the back.

ANYWAY, for us, yes, it has been worth it! We are big Star Wars fans, though.

My husband and 6 yr old built one in November. They are much better quality than what you can find in regular stores. My husband said the entire experience was worth the cost. Ours have held up so far, and we bought the different color crystals so my son changes them out constantly. It will be no issue on the plane. We carried ours on and we already had 2 bags each.

Curious, has anyone individually ever had to carry the lightsabers on when they had more than one? I was lucky to get another reservation (the experience is just so awesome I wanted to do it again), but now I'm concerned about trying to take more than just one on the plane. I have a carry on (with wheels) that fits easily in overhead but I've just had such mixed messages on here and elsewhere cause obviously depends on the plane about best practices. I'm doing Air Canada and will be in the emergency exit row so a bit of extra room too. But any advice if you're on your own, have a carry on you really don't want to check (it has some valuable electronics that I do NOT want to break) but want to carry more than one saber. I'm thinking I might use duct tape or something to tape the bags together so it's not "separate" but still any advice would be helpful.

Please note my airline has no weight limit for bags, just that you can lift it into the overheads.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!