Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge Shopping and Merchandise: Savi’s, Droid Depot and More!

Yes, but my child has two parents who would both like to see him build a droid. I really don’t want to have to choose which parent has to stand outside as the excluded party. I don’t think it’s asking too much to keep families together.
I saw some more info on this experience. It sounds like only one guest is allowed to physically help the builder. The rest can be inside the droid shop just not doing the building with the builder. So you would have to have one parent assist your child with the physical building of the droid but then the other stands by and watches.

Now I purchased a interactive wand at Harry Potter but I also received a annual passholder discount
The nice thing about the wands, at least the interactive ones, is you only have to buy it once. We bought one the first year they came out, and bring it every trip to use in the 2 lands. That's value! Of course, we have a collection now since we buy different ones every trip (not all interactive), but they are small enough to display together in one place and look sharp.

I saw a post on WDWmagic where someone said," I overheard from one of the CMs at the preview last night. So, at Dok-Ondar's they sell the different kyber crystals, right? Well, apparently, if you buy a red one there's a very small chance that you'll get a black kyber crystal instead. It's a sort of secret color." Anyone else hear or read anything about this?

The nice thing about the wands, at least the interactive ones, is you only have to buy it once. We bought one the first year they came out, and bring it every trip to use in the 2 lands. That's value! Of course, we have a collection now since we buy different ones every trip (not all interactive), but they are small enough to display together in one place and look sharp.

Completely agree. I love my wand. It suits me. And I've taken it back to do more spells or do redo the ones I really like. So It does more than just sit there and collect dust.

Funny story I went to the Star Wars shop at Disney Springs. My sister was with me and looked at lightsabers and asked why there was no girl ones. So apparently she knows about Rey ( who technically doesn't have her own lightsaber yet) I actually have a lightsaber which I did build at Disney Springs. The $20 bucks I paid at the time now seems like a steal

Last edited:
Completely agree. I love my wand. It suits me. And I've taken it back to do more spells or do redo the ones I really like. So It does more than just sit there and collect dust.

Funny story I went to the Star Wars shop at Disney Springs. My sister was with me and looked at lightsabers and asked why there was no girl ones. So apparently she knows about Rey ( who technically doesn't have her own lightsaber yet) I actually have a lightsaber which I did build at Disney Springs. The $20 bucks I paid at the time now seems like a steal
I'm not sure what your sister was exactly looking for. Like you said Rey doesn't have a lightsaber she just inherited Luke's but we do know that at SWGE we'll be able to buys Ahsoka's. maybe we will see Aayla Secura, Shaak Tii's and even Assajj Ventress

I'm not sure what your sister was exactly looking for. Like you said Rey doesn't have a lightsaber she just inherited Luke's but we do know that at SWGE we'll be able to buys Ahsoka's. maybe we will see Aayla Secura, Shaak Tii's and even Assajj Ventress

Yes my sister does not know that much about Star Wars. Not her thing. So I was pretty surprised she knew who Rey was. She just loves Harrison Ford. But yes I did see Ahsoka's lightsaber which I am pretty thrilled about.

Ventress' lightsaber IS one of the confirmed legacy ones! And the Temple Guards included women, so that's another one.

The sister could be like me with Gundam models - I like to collect "girl" ones, but that just means mechs that were piloted by women on the shows, the models themselves have no gender. Well except Nobel Gundam, but that's a whole 'nother story...

I think the Droids should be the same here that you can bring yours back to keep exploring the land with it and they interact with other droids, etc. - but I agree with the concept in general that being able to "reuse" a souvenir it gives it added value (I see the same thing, to some extent, with buying special Magic Bands)

I'm not sure if the lightsaber is worth buying because there aren't a lot of uses, but it is good quality. The reason why I might buy the droid is that you can move it around and you can make it whatever you want it to be.

FYI:

46693604335_b3a63e23f7_b.jpg

This is Ashley Eckstein, voice actress for Ahsoka Tano, and CEO of the "Her Universe" clothing line, holding Ahsoka Tano's "healed" kyber crystal lightersabers from the Star Wars Rebels tv show.

SOmebody might have mentioned this somewhere in this thread already...

Last edited:
I saw some more info on this experience. It sounds like only one guest is allowed to physically help the builder. The rest can be inside the droid shop just not doing the building with the builder. So you would have to have one parent assist your child with the physical building of the droid but then the other stands by and watches.

That is honestly a relief to hear. I know I’m weird, but I just wanted us to be able to have this experience all together. I’m fine if I just stand aside and watch. :)

I saw a post on WDWmagic where someone said," I overheard from one of the CMs at the preview last night. So, at Dok-Ondar's they sell the different kyber crystals, right? Well, apparently, if you buy a red one there's a very small chance that you'll get a black kyber crystal instead. It's a sort of secret color." Anyone else hear or read anything about this?

Oh for the love of everything.

I WANT THE DARKSABER.

ah ok. I was confused :D just tell her lightsabers have no gender preference....

I'm picturing a pink lightsaber.

Based on more CM reviews. DJ Rex pre built droid is $149.99

The backpacks for the droids you build are $39.99.

Ugh, I love that Rex Droid but that is pricey! I thought it would be less than the Droid building experience for sure

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!