Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge Upcharge or Add On Events Thread

Understood about Pandora v. Toy Story Land. We were at Pandora during Opening Day; even with the extended hours (until 1:00 a.m.), you're right, they were not "walk-ons." In comparison, TSL went much better -- yes, there were people, but at under ten minutes, I'd argue that's effectively a walk-on, LOL. Also, most importantly, we weren't in TSL until December, so, by the time we got there and bought the After Hours tickets, TSL had been open a reasonable amount of time (although it was still packed during the day -- the factor that convinced us to get the AH tickets).

Given the INSANE crowd levels expected for Galaxy's Edge, there will ABSOLUTELY not be any "walk-on" rides; perhaps what's more likely is a "short" wait of 60-90 minutes. Still and all, I'd go for it.
The more I remind myself that for now we’re only talking about ONE RIDE makes me think that WDW has to have a plan to restrict SWGE access.

Putting together a VIP tour for Tues Sep 10. Have it reserved already, $425 an hour, 7 hour minimum, 10 people per group maximum, which comes out to $297.50 a person.

The itinerary can be done with the guide on the fly. Right now I have it set up to meet at AK at 9 am. I thought spend a few hours at AK then head to HS. Or vice versa. Main goal is for SWGE (of course). She says right now they do not know how it will work with the ride since it wont be FP. I have to assume they will get us on it somehow-- plus the rest of the area and whatever else we want to do at HS.

Same at AK, ride FOP a million times, Safari, whatever else we want. Somehow the guides can arrange it all at the time. ie- we decide as a group last minute to head to MK, that can work.

Food not included, so a meal probably QS to save time would be extra cost whenever and wherever we want.

If interested PM me- I get charged 24 hours in advance so I assume you'd be handing me a wad of cash day of, Venmo or Paypal me. I wouldn't want to hassle with returning money etc, so please only get with me if you are certain you are interested. I would need names and ages of people to let Disney know.
Hope this is allowed by the boards...

I would love to know if anyone has different information, but, we currently have a VIP tour booked for August 30 and I was told that they do not know, as of yet, what kind of access the VIP guides will have to SWGE and the ride if any access at all.

I’m concerned that by the time we know, they will be booked up...

I’m concerned that by the time we know, they will be booked up...

There is a 2-day cancellation policy, so I went ahead and booked it knowing I could cancel once more information is released (or not released!). If they can't give me a definitive answer prior to the cancellation fee kicking in, I will cancel. I booked for August 30 right after the opening announcement and they said that day and the days surrounding it were filling up. If you have any interest, you may want to book and simply cancel if they aren't allowing access to the VIP guides.

The itinerary can be done with the guide on the fly. Right now I have it set up to meet at AK at 9 am. I thought spend a few hours at AK then head to HS. Or vice versa. Main goal is for SWGE (of course). She says right now they do not know how it will work with the ride since it wont be FP. I have to assume they will get us on it somehow-- plus the rest of the area and whatever else we want to do at HS.

This is Disneyland, but we were assured by VIP Special Activities that Fast Passes are "unlimited" on the tour, even for attractions that don't offer Fast Passes (or for which FP's are temporarily not in effect). Now, as for how those passes will work -- what if "Fast Pass Distribution is Over for the Day"? -- nobody knows, or no one will say. Special Activities has been pretty cagey about the details.

The more I remind myself that for now we’re only talking about ONE RIDE makes me think that WDW has to have a plan to restrict SWGE access.

We'll be at Opening Day at Disneyland. We hoped there might have been a chance to be at Opening Day in WDW, too, so we booked our usual Christmas dates back when resort reservations were first open, but now that the date is late August, ah well. We'll still be able to say, years and years from now, that we did both in the same year.

This is Disneyland, but we were assured by VIP Special Activities that Fast Passes are "unlimited" on the tour, even for attractions that don't offer Fast Passes (or for which FP's are temporarily not in effect). Now, as for how those passes will work -- what if "Fast Pass Distribution is Over for the Day"? -- nobody knows, or no one will say. Special Activities has been pretty cagey about the details.

I don't think FP will have anything to do with SWGE and VIP Tours when FP of any kind are not being offered at either park. If they are going to provide access to SWGE attractions for VIP, then they might use the FP line, which they did build in. I think they are still developing a game plan. Did they tell you your rate yet? I also have a VIP tour booked for DLR, but it's in late August during D23 Expo. I am thankful, that I think, most things will be figured out by the time of my visit.

Putting together a VIP tour for Tues Sep 10. Have it reserved already, $425 an hour, 7 hour minimum, 10 people per group maximum, which comes out to $297.50 a person.

Same at AK, ride FOP a million times, Safari, whatever else we want. Somehow the guides can arrange it all at the time. ie- we decide as a group last minute to head to MK, that can work.

Food not included, so a meal probably QS to save time would be extra cost whenever and wherever we want.

If interested PM me- I get charged 24 hours in advance so I assume you'd be handing me a wad of cash day of, Venmo or Paypal me. I wouldn't want to hassle with returning money etc, so please only get with me if you are certain you are interested. I would need names and ages of people to let Disney know.

The only downside to riding FOP a bunch of times in a row is that the pre-ride video and setup process is very lengthy. I don’t know if the guides would be able to skip that - when we did FOP with a ghide, they bypassed most of the Fastpass line, but then we still had to wait for the rooms to open up where you go in and watch the little pre-ride movie. Then everyone is funneled into the area where you get strapped into the ride and it is a little time-consuming. I don’t know if the tour guides can bypass all of this, which can easily take 5-15 minutes each time you ride.

I would love to know if anyone has different information, but, we currently have a VIP tour booked for August 30 and I was told that they do not know, as of yet, what kind of access the VIP guides will have to SWGE and the ride if any access at all.

when I called, I was told they do not have specific details yet about what a touring day would look like but in the past, VIP tours have not been excluded from new openings and she said they haven't been that SWGE would be excluded. Of course, as we all know, anything could change and until firm details are released, there is a bit of an unknown.

We have been tempted to do this....but our DHS day is Friday, September 6th. There are also 6 of us, including a baby and a toddler who can't ride the good rides, so I'm hesitant to spend that money per person on them when they won't be able to do anything! Hoping for some kind of paid EMM or DAH event I guess???

Booked a VIP tour for Tue Sep 10. 8 spots open. SWGE, HS AK, its all flexible, but GE is why I booked it. PM me if you would like to get in on it.

8 spots open for a tour I booked, myself and husband. SWGE , AK for sure, otherwise flexible. 7 hours, 10 people max. PM me if you would like in.

I'm not responsible enough to organize anything, but if someone wants to get a group of 10 people together for the Wine & Dine weekend for VIP tour of SWGE, I'd gladly chip in to be one of the 10. First solo trip for the race.

How far out from your trip can you book VIP or EMM or DAK - if the latter 2 are even available options?

How far out from your trip can you book VIP or EMM or DAK - if the latter 2 are even available options?
You can book at VIP tour 180 days out. They haven't released any EMM or DAH for DHS past August 28th. Sometimes they don't release them until 60 days before - they don't have a set schedule for that, and it's annoying since they want you to book dining and FP's so far out.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter