Star Wars: Galactic Starship (resort experience) News

Status
Not open for further replies.
What’s with the Chandrila hate? It’s a planet that already exists and is a core world so more likely to have a ”cruise line” type service.
Doesn't roll off the tongue - that's all. From a marketing perspective, with an entire universe of words to choose from, seems a poor choice to me.

Doesn't roll off the tongue - that's all. From a marketing perspective, with an entire universe of words to choose from, seems a poor choice to me.

I think it sounds fine. It’s the home planet of Mon Mothma and the birthplace of Ben Solo. We visited it in several novels, including Leia Princess of Alderaan (a personal favorite book). It was the planet on which the New Republic had its first capital, so makes sense in the sequel era story line.

I honestly love the choice if it turns out to be real.

Last edited:
I always assumed it will be priced like a cruise experience - or ABD experience. It will be a 2-night (3-day) experience and will likely run around $1000 per person minimum 2 per room type thing. There's no comparing it to even a deluxe hotel because you are not paying for the room you are paying for the whole thing.

The main planet that ran luxury liners was called Dac and was where Admiral Akbar was from. I don't think that would be any more marketable.

The main planet that ran luxury liners was called Dac and was where Admiral Akbar was from. I don't think that would be any more marketable.

Dac? Used to just be called Mon Calamari. I am so behind. I don't even know what's canon anymore.

They could have gone with Coruscant Cruise Lines, but I don't even know what Coruscant is supposed to be doing in the new trilogy.

Dac? Used to just be called Mon Calamari. I am so behind. I don't even know what's canon anymore.

Akbar and the rest of the Mon Calamari's home-world is Mon Cala. But, I'm pretty sure it's referred to as Dac in the native Mon Cala tongue ... so both are correct

Akbar and the rest of the Mon Calamari's home-world is Mon Cala. But, I'm pretty sure it's referred to as Dac in the native Mon Cala tongue ... so both are correct

Yeah, I read that in Wookipedia today.

I learned a lot about the Star Wars galaxy from the old Star Wars: Rebellion game.

Just got home after visiting friends tonight who have just got back from Walt Disney World in Florida and they said they were having a chat with a DVC rep in one of the parks and they got told that the new Star Wars hotel is going to be DVC and Disney is going to be selling points at 250 dollars per point with minimum buy in of 100 points, that’s 25000 dollars minimum, now please tell me this can’t be true, that’s crazy money and the room points will be high due to demand for sure so Disney will make sure the points required will be high.

Please do not ask me, I was not there and was not part of the conversation, I am just repeating what my friend said they were told.

Anyone else hearing the same from DVC?

Just got home after visiting friends tonight who have just got back from Walt Disney World in Florida and they said they were having a chat with a DVC rep in one of the parks and they got told that the new Star Wars hotel is going to be DVC and Disney is going to be selling points at 250 dollars per point with minimum buy in of 100 points, that’s 25000 dollars minimum, now please tell me this can’t be true, that’s crazy money and the room points will be high due to demand for sure so Disney will make sure the points required will be high.

Please do not ask me, I was not there and was not part of the conversation, I am just repeating what my friend said they were told.

Anyone else hearing the same from DVC?

I highly doubt they would make this DVC.

I highly doubt they would make this DVC.
The more I think about it, the more I think they may try to include some DVC component. Think about it, get the cash from dvc membets up front to help pay for the building, keep getting the dues to offset the cost, and even if SW goes out of fashion, you have people locked in for 50 years.

The more I think about it, the more I think they may try to include some DVC component. Think about it, get the cash from dvc membets up front to help pay for the building, keep getting the dues to offset the cost, and even if SW goes out of fashion, you have people locked in for 50 years.
Yeah but it would lock it out from cash guests while it is a sought after item since DVC sells 98% of the resort. So non-owners would mostly be stuck with renting from an owner. I personally don’t see any DVC involvement for this resort especially since the format doesn’t fit with the mold in any way (the boutique style resort).

It will be clear if the required paperwork is filed with the regulatory agencies for it to be a DVC resort, Riviera had its filed about a 10-12 months before its targeted open date.

It’s been about 40 years and Star Wars fans are just as interested as ever. By making it small Disney is ensuring difficulty in booking and leaving a large population base that hasn’t gotten a chance to try it.

Yeah but it would lock it out from cash guests while it is a sought after item since DVC sells 98% of the resort. So non-owners would mostly be stuck with renting from an owner. I personally don’t see any DVC involvement for this resort especially since the format doesn’t fit with the mold in any way (the boutique style resort).

It will be clear if the required paperwork is filed with the regulatory agencies for it to be a DVC resort, Riviera had its filed about a 10-12 months before its targeted open date.

It’s been about 40 years and Star Wars fans are just as interested as ever. By making it small Disney is ensuring difficulty in booking and leaving a large population base that hasn’t gotten a chance to try it.

But with high buy in points and high points per room required they would have all you mention and more, plus people would buy in just so it was there home resort which is a win win for DVC points sales.

DVC hasn’t been willing to add additional service components to accommodations since they were required to take over the 6th floor concierge of Jambo.
The recent failed cash add-on Reunion station at CCV doesn’t help DVC’s appetite to take on something Star Wars.

But with high buy in points and high points per room required they would have all you mention and more, plus people would buy in just so it was there home resort which is a win win for DVC points sales.
Except this hotel has such limited space and they are almost all traditional rooms, not suites, studios, or villas... there’s no way they make this DVC.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!