Star Wars: Galactic Starship (resort experience) News

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can see paying for this for a once in a lifetime experience. I would describe myself as geek-lite when it comes to SW but my 4 year old is all about it already. Hopefully this is still around in 4-5 years so we can go together.

Bunk beds...really going to cram in the kiddies!

Hopefully they have standard 2 queen bed rooms too.

I'm expecting it to open fall of 2020 for the holidays and so WDW gets an extra bump after SWL has been open a year AND before the WDW 50th.

Oh those bunk beds. I really hope they have normal beds cause I'd never stay in those lol
Maybe an option, or for kids' room? I can't see them charging an arm and a leg and offering supposed "luxury" and you don't get an actual bed if you want it.

Has it been stated to be luxury? I expect it to be a bit tight, like one would find on a ship, except this one is a spaceship.

Has it been stated to be luxury? I expect it to be a bit tight, like one would find on a ship, except this one is a spaceship.
Zero chance they make it sparse like a real ship. Closest it may get is a version of glamping where it looks sparse, but the reality is it’s a 4 Star hotel experience.

If they were trying to make it a convincing intergalactic spaceship then those “viewport windows” they have been talking up would just be set to dark black almost the entire voyage.

I believe their cruise ships are luxury as well and they aren't the most spacious things in the world from what I understand.

I believe their cruise ships are luxury as well and they aren't the most spacious things in the world from what I understand.
People have different expectations on a cruise. We all know they're tight on space. I have a different expectation for any hotel calling itself "luxury" in any way. As much as I love the idea of this hotel, if it means all 4 of us sleeping on bunk beds in one room, I'm very likely out. :)

People have different expectations on a cruise. We all know they're tight on space. I have a different expectation for any hotel calling itself "luxury" in any way. As much as I love the idea of this hotel, if it means all 4 of us sleeping on bunk beds in one room, I'm very likely out. :)
this. a cruise ship has limited space. A hotel doesn't. There is no chance the Star Wars hotel has 300 sq foot rooms and tiny beds. It is going to be a 4 star hotel that doubles as a star destroyer.

I love sunlight, so am I curious how they will do this, without feeling like you are stuck in the interior room of a cruise ship with no window lol

I personally think that can be a HUGE turn off to alot of people

And I wonder if they can have doors that auto open in the upward position lol. Would be sick

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter