Star Wars Virtual Half Marathon

jaxonp

DIS Veteran
Anyone know more about this? Disney has shirts available to purchase online- talk about kessel run medal?!

LOL - I just happened to check the rD page for something and saw about the listing for the SW virtual half/kessel challenge. Doesn't look like the Active link for registration is fully live yet.

I wonder if they'll do something similar (virtual Pink C2C) since Tink isn't happening?

I might have to do this. Wasn't planning to do DS this year, but the Kessel opportunity may be too good to pass up.

I'm interested, as well, especially since registration isn't as expensive as the regular races.

$59 is insanely expensive for a virtual run where all you receive is a medal! They are clearly looking at this as an add on for those participating in Dark Side.

I signed up and I'm honestly so happy I could cry. That Kessel Run medal is the reason I started running and I was heartbroken when they cancelled Light Side the year I was able to do KR. I don't care that it's a virtual or money grab our whatever - I GET MY KESSEL RUN BACK!

I wish they would make the kessel run part of it require proof. I think it sort of takes the meaning out of it if you can walk a mile a day for 13 days and then say you ran 2 halves and get a kessel run medal too. I know that might sound stuck up lol but i really don’t like people who brag for no reason. But if you run both of them like you should that’s awesome!!

Just saw their post on IG and got on here. Too bad I don't live close enough to FL to do the DS. Can't wait to read all the comments today, especially from people who cancelled their DS race registration. :scared:

I don't usually do virtual runs because of the volume of road races available to me year round. But I'm really leaning towards this virtual as a way for my sis and I to bond long distance between Chicago and Texas. Hmmmmmmmmmmm
(Too bad our secret plan to run or walk a light side race at DL is on hold)

I wish they would make the kessel run part of it require proof. I think it sort of takes the meaning out of it if you can walk a mile a day for 13 days and then say you ran 2 halves and get a kessel run medal too. I know that might sound stuck up lol but i really don’t like people who brag for no reason. But if you run both of them like you should that’s awesome!!

You still have to run the Dark Side Half within the pacing requirements to get the Kessel Run. So folks will at least have to prove that they can do it under race conditions as well as virtual conditions.

$59 is insanely expensive for a virtual run where all you receive is a medal! They are clearly looking at this as an add on for those participating in Dark Side.

As long as people are willing to pay, they're going to keep churning these out.

Well, we were doing the challenge anyway... Husband is thrilled to get the Kessel one way or the other... still have a coast to coast on the bucket list. Fingers crossed Cali will be back.

As long as people are willing to pay, they're going to keep churning these out.
If I was running Dark Side, I would be one of them! But, the DS dates don't work for me. As a stand alone, it's a no-go. One has to draw the line somewhere, LOL.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts