Starbucks Mobile Ordering

ateam79828592

Mouseketeer
Does the DTD Starbucks have mobile ordering? (Through Starbucks app not DL app). Looking for some fast, easy hot breakfast options while staying at GC. SB website says it does, but I wanted to confirm.

Thanks!

Yes, both Starbucks locations in DTD have mobile ordering through the Starbucks app. The larger, main location, by WOD, is Starbucks Downtown Disney. The smaller location, by the Lego Store, is Starbucks Downtown Disney West II. Make sure you know where you placed your order. We have a friend who can never remember -- picking up her breakfast is always an adventure!

Which one of these locations is closet to the Grand Californian? We have never been so i have no sense of direction in DTD...

I was going to mobile order recently, but didn't know which store to choose. I gave up!:badpc:

Thanks for posting this. I have gone into the app and marked the Starbucks Downtown Disney as a favorite so I don't get confused at 6 am in my sleep deprived state.

thanks for this, Im planning to do mobile ordering and totally forgot about there being 2. I have to wait until Im in California to mark it as favourite, as the App is not available in my country.

When the DTD West location came along, I didn't realize it was there. I mobile ordered from a motel across the street on Harbor. Trotted over, through security, and down to SBs only to discover I'd ordered from SB West. It was a very long walk for a cup of coffee but on the bright side, I'm an early riser so not many people out yet, it was a gorgeous morning, and I drank my coffee on the terrace at Trader Sam's without anyone else there.

ok, now that we are Stabucks people, question from a newbie mobile ordering user. I cant access the App until I land in California so I cant familiarise myself and set it up. What payment do you use on the App? Here in Ireland I use a Starbucks card. Can I put my Starbucks Card onto the App for payment or do I have to put my regular bank card?

ok, now that we are Stabucks people, question from a newbie mobile ordering user. I cant access the App until I land in California so I cant familiarise myself and set it up. What payment do you use on the App? Here in Ireland I use a Starbucks card. Can I put my Starbucks Card onto the App for payment or do I have to put my regular bank card?

Starbucks card in the app is how I pay. (Might be the only way, actually). You can reload your SB card via the app with a number of different payment options.

Starbucks card in the app is how I pay. (Might be the only way, actually). You can reload your SB card via the app with a number of different payment options.

phew , thanks, Im planning to load my card with vacation money a few days before I leave. This is going to be interesting, lol, Im so excited for mobile odering, we dont have that here

phew , thanks, Im planning to load my card with vacation money a few days before I leave. This is going to be interesting, lol, Im so excited for mobile odering, we dont have that here
Where are you coming from? Hope you have a fantastic trip! I really love the SB app, and mobile ordering is especially nice at Disneyland where the stores can get really crowded. The app allows you to personalize your drink and it saves your choices which is great for me because I usually get the same couple of things, so the next time I order it I just have to make one click. It also lets you use star rewards for part or all of your order. I'm sure you know this, but you can only use the app in DTD. The park stores don't do mobile ordering (but you can use an AP discount there, which brings the price down closer to what I pay at home :D).

A note to anyone outside of the US - you probably can't mobile order. I discovered this a few weeks ago when the app wouldn't allow me to do it. A quick Google search mentioned that you cannot mobile order in the US with an app/card registered outside of the US. (I'm Canadian). If it doesn't work, don't fret - I never waited more than 3 minutes to get my drink. :)

I could use my app to pay for the drinks, however, and I collected stars.

When the DTD West location came along, I didn't realize it was there...
Just a heads up: when this location came back to life, it was renamed in the app (for whatever reason) as Starbucks Downtown Disney West II. CMs laugh at the new name because they have no idea why the old name couldn't be used.

We have a credit card on file with the Starbucks app and our Starbucks card loaded in our Apple Wallet. This way we always have a back up in case something doesn't work. The Starbucks card will work inside the parks and in DTD, but mobile ordering through the Starbucks app only works in the DTD locations.

A note to anyone outside of the US - you probably can't mobile order. I discovered this a few weeks ago when the app wouldn't allow me to do it. A quick Google search mentioned that you cannot mobile order in the US with an app/card registered outside of the US...
@BadPinkTink: when you arrive in the U.S., buy a Starbucks card and load it with however much money you need for your trip. Then put that card onto your app. Keep that card for your U.S. trips since you'll be able to reload it every time you visit. (Buy a fun one that says "California"!)

A note to anyone outside of the US - you probably can't mobile order. I discovered this a few weeks ago when the app wouldn't allow me to do it. A quick Google search mentioned that you cannot mobile order in the US with an app/card registered outside of the US. (I'm Canadian). If it doesn't work, don't fret - I never waited more than 3 minutes to get my drink. :)

I could use my app to pay for the drinks, however, and I collected stars.

@BadPinkTink: when you arrive in the U.S., buy a Starbucks card and load it with however much money you need for your trip. Then put that card onto your app. Keep that card for your U.S. trips since you'll be able to reload it every time you visit. (Buy a fun one that says "California"!)

thanks for the heads up :) I'll try the day I land with my own card and if I have problems I'll buy a USA card. I kinda wanted to use my own though, as its at Gold Card Level and I get discounts and free things with it

Where are you coming from? Hope you have a fantastic trip! I really love the SB app, and mobile ordering is especially nice at Disneyland where the stores can get really crowded. The app allows you to personalize your drink and it saves your choices which is great for me because I usually get the same couple of things, so the next time I order it I just have to make one click. It also lets you use star rewards for part or all of your order. I'm sure you know this, but you can only use the app in DTD. The park stores don't do mobile ordering (but you can use an AP discount there, which brings the price down closer to what I pay at home :D).

Im travelling from Ireland :) We dont have the App or mobile ordering so this is something new to try

thanks for the heads up :) I'll try the day I land with my own card and if I have problems I'll buy a USA card. I kinda wanted to use my own though, as its at Gold Card Level and I get discounts and free things with it...
Oh, I totally get the gold card love! One option, though not exactly budget friendly, is to spend a LOT at Starbucks and you'll achieve gold card status with your U.S. card, too!

thanks for the heads up :) I'll try the day I land with my own card and if I have problems I'll buy a USA card. I kinda wanted to use my own though, as its at Gold Card Level and I get discounts and free things with it

I believe the US has gotten rid of all their hold level perks, and maybe gold level completely.

If you register the card in the app, you'll get free refills (there's a limited selection of refill options, but they're available with any original drink) and accrue points towards free stuff.

I believe the US has gotten rid of all their hold level perks, and maybe gold level completely.

If you register the card in the app, you'll get free refills (there's a limited selection of refill options, but they're available with any original drink) and accrue points towards free stuff.
The gold level still exists in the US -- much to my chagrin and Starbucks' advantage!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter