Starbucks Tumbler Destroyed... what can I do?

Part_Of_That_Dis_World

Earning My Ears
I recently got back from a Disneyland trip and picked up one of the 24oz Starbucks confetti tumblers (yay!!:teeth:). I got home and absolutely adore the cup it's perfect for school. Flash forward to this morning and it cracked from the dishwasher (even though it says dishwasher safe top rack). :(

7858325375279305984%253Faccount_id%253D1

I called Disney merchandise (and the DTD Starbucks location) and they can't replace the mug without a receipt (which I promptly threw away before heading home:sad:). I also can't buy it because I have to be in the park (I live in another state and no longer have an AP).

I'm looking for guidance here. What can I do? Does anyone have a receipt that they'd be willing to let me use for a replacement?

Thank you for any help you can offer,

Alexandrea:figment:

I recently got back from a Disneyland trip and picked up one of the 24oz Starbucks confetti tumblers (yay!!:teeth:). I got home and absolutely adore the cup it's perfect for school. Flash forward to this morning and it cracked from the dishwasher (even though it says dishwasher safe top rack). :(

I called Disney merchandise (and the DTD Starbucks location) and they can't replace the mug without a receipt (which I promptly threw away before heading home:sad:). I also can't buy it because I have to be in the park (I live in another state and no longer have an AP).

I'm looking for guidance here. What can I do? Does anyone have a receipt that they'd be willing to let me use for a replacement?

Can't help you with your mug situation...

But I do see you joined today and this is your FIRST post.

welkom.gif

I had a similar situation: Discovered damaged item after getting home, no receipt, called Disney Merchandise and emailed them a picture....they mailed me a merchandise credit gift card to be used in the parks next trip for the full amount. Curious why they didn't offer you the same courtesy? Maybe call back and see if a different team member might be willing to help. If you can get the merchandise credit card and mail it to a friend going to Disneyland, they can get you another one. Or just hold onto it until next time as there is no expiration date.

I’m so sorry that happened to you. I would be bummed too.

There are people you can connect with on Facebook who shop at Disneyland for people. My cousin got her mom a gift that way. The downside is that they charge you a fee for their service so you’ll be paying for the tumbler again +shipping and handling. It can also take a while to receive it depending on their shopping schedule and availability of the item.

Good luck!

Did you try contacting Starbucks? They have an email contact us system that gets you a personal response within 24 hours. Idk if they can help at all but it might be worth a shot.

And another suggestion for eBay. I admittedly purchased an item from an eBay reseller when I absolutely fell in love with it. I only had to pay a few bucks more than I would have in park though, idk what your tumbler is running right now.

Is the inner cup cracked, or just the outside? It may still be useable until/unless you can get a replacement. It would suck if you had to buy another when their instructions indicated that you didn't do anything wrong with it.

Kind of a side track from the original question, but does Disneyland have those specific tumblers again?! The last time I was there (February) they only had the newer version which I despise. It's too busy for me. I would love to be able to get another tumbler like the OP posted the next time I go.

Kind of a side track from the original question, but does Disneyland have those specific tumblers again?! The last time I was there (February) they only had the newer version which I despise. It's too busy for me. I would love to be able to get another tumbler like the OP posted the next time I go.

Yes, DL had them at all Starbucks in May.

That’s weird! I have 3 and put them in the dishwasher all the time. If it’s just the outer cup you can still use it!

Throw it away.

... If it’s just the outer cup you can still use it!

And even if the inner cup is cracked, you can still use the cup as a container for candy or something like that. We have Disney mugs that can't be used any longer for liquids (we, too, learned that "dishwasher safe" in Disney speak = best wash by hand), but that make cute pencil holders or candy cups.

Last edited:
Sorry this is a tangent... does the Starbucks in Downtown Disney take Starbucks gift cards? I am a teacher and I have a bazillion gift cards from my students.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter