Starting the planning in earnest (WESTERN)

MindydLeon

<font color=red>Lover of all things DISNEY ... esp
Last year, when we went on our first cruise ever --- Wonder (4 day), this board proved to be an invaluable source of information! So, here I am again, after lurking now for about 3 months I am looking for you all to share everything there is to share about the Western on the Magic! We are cruising on August 2 (just so happens to be our 18th wedding anniversary) and we will have all 3 kids in tow ... DS17, DD12 and DD6 (disney princess if there ever was one!) not to mention DS17's best friend, and 3 other 20-22 year olds (my sisters and their friend) -- what are must do's and please let me know when it might be a must do for the older ones but a "pass" for the younger ones --- any suggestions at all ... you are only limited by your imagination and the knowledge that it is the Western itinerary that we will be on! Thanks so much already ... I just know that I am going to get all kinds of Wonder-ful and Magic-al information!

Hi MindydLeon!

I am looking for you all to share everything there is to share about the Western on the Magic!

That's a rather tall order for one thread. You might want to limit the scope of your question a bit OR hope that Mr. Spock reads this and performs a Vulcan mindmeld to transmit all the info...

thanks for the advice ... I was beginning to think it was something personal ... will try to re-think my question and re-submit!

#1 - Let your charge card provider know you will be traveling out of country. Last year our card was blocked because we were using it more than normal.

#2 - It will be hot, no really HOT. We are from SC and we almost melted. Be prepared with lots of good sun screen and hats for everyone.

#3 - Key West was fun. We did the Trolly Tour. You can get on and off anywhere along the route. You will find their website by searching Key West on Google. We loved the Sunset party at Mallory Sq. but beware this is a very adult kind of place. We saw total nudity and there was a lot of partying. We had lunch at Jimmy Buffett's Margaritaville and thought it was very good.

#4 - Grand Cayman was our favorite. Do not miss going out to Stingray City. We went with Capt. Marvin and think they did a wonderful job. They even had a videotographer along who did an underwater video that you can purchase. If I was going with a big group like you I would contact them and see about a charter type deal. They are on the net as well.

#5 - We mostly shopped in Cozumel until our card was blocked. Good bargins but we did not like being harassed by the locals to buy their wares.

Most of all---- Enjoy, relax and appreciate the beauty of each place. Set your clock and get up early Monday morning. Go back to the beverage station, get a cup of coffee and watch the sun come up over Cuba.

Hope this helps. Wish we were going with you.

Russ and Vivian

The older ones must go visit Carlos and Charlies in Cozumel.....it can get pretty wild and definately not for the young ones. We brought our 17 year old son who was a month shy of 18 and he had a blast. In the evening there is lots of dancing. We also went with our DD19 and nieces who were 20 and 21. They had a ball. Just make sure to make it back to the ship in time!!!! During the day we went to Mr. Sanchos beach club..very nice and no admittance fee.

We also did Capt. Marvins for the stingray tour...love it!!!

Key West was hotter than either Grand Cayman or Cozumel. Be prepared. We went last August 3rd and again on the Western in January (much cooler this time of year).

Also have the older ones go to and participate in the theme nights in the clubs...they are a hoot!! There is a 50's, 70's and 80's theme night party. Must be 18 or older to attend. Take advantage of the adult only pool as well!

Your are welcome to check out our pics from our two Western cruises at the links below. You can view them as a slide show by selecting that option at the site.

http://community.webshots.com/album/47984596ZcaNXp

http://community.webshots.com/album/48196942XWkiMx

http://community.webshots.com/album/61021700mgkcmV

http://community.webshots.com/album/61027011UZJmCn

And here is a link to the dining chart I created so you can get a handle on what is offered each night on the Western cruise. You will not know what your dining rotation is yet until you check-in at the Port.

Once at the site change the view from FIT WINDOW to NORMAL for easier reading.

http://community.webshots.com/photo/52061656/70830733GubfrW

MJ

We are traveling on the 8/2 Western cruise as well. We have two boys 13 and 9 and are traveling with another family of four (girl-14 and boy-9). So far we've booked Captain Marvin's for the stingrays and are still deciding what to do in Cozumel. We've narrowed it down to the Fury Catamaran or the Playa sol beach. In Key West, we are going to do our own walking tour. I've been reading that it is going to be really hot. For those out there who have already gone in July/August -- is it as hot as Orlando or New York is in August or is it that much worse?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter