Starting to PANIC-DCL book our flt to MCO at 12:56 Still time to get to port with DCL

martel-luv-wdw

Mouseketeer
Called DCL last bus leaves at 1:45. Do we have time to get it with handicap DM and DCL taking care of our luggage?

Worried about layover in Atlanta we have one hour to get the airbus and we are in the back of the plane to get off.
Planned everything though DCL, thought we would have no worries.

Dmom tells me tonight if we don't make it to Cape Canaveral and can't get on the MAGIC (I thought the ins. insured they would get you to any port.)

(side note, 2 years ago got fogged in at the airport. Delta called us, we had to go to Boston at 2 am. to get our plane-long day, hard to get there. That is why we did it all DCL, thought there would be no worries.)

Should we change plan, going in 24 days?

(help) Thanks
Linda

Linda,
Deep breaths...:) I know it looks like it is cutting it close but,
A. you booked everything with DCL which means they know where and when your plane lands. They will hold a bus for you.

B. I have used DCL air once before and it went extremely smooth and the flights were great. (I left out of Denver in the middle of winter)

And lastly, I have been on the Magic when they held it at port to wait for late arriving planes. Worse case scenario is they fly you into the first port of call...with DCL insurance, I believe that is covered.

Someone correct me if I am wrong, but this is how it has worked for us in the past.

Have a great cruise!
Lisa

I believe since you booked with Disney they do fly you to the first port of call.....
This is a perfect example of why I would never fly in the day of the cruise...fly in a day early, relax and board early the next day....

They did the same to us this summer-DCL booked a flight the didn't arrive until 2pm through Atlanta-Good thing as poster said before. YOu are booked through DCL and they know wherer you are and will have a bus to take you to port and will hold the ship for a short while if you are close. Our bus-the last bus-departed about five minutes after we boarded. YOu will be fine. Don't forget to get your special baggage tags on before you board your first flight-you will want your bagas to make it too.

No panic needed- If DCL is handling flights they will make sure you get on the ship, do not worry.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter