stay @ freinds in opopka fl or on property

melisjeff

Earning My Ears
HELP!! We are leaving in 6 days and need to make a decision. I have reservations at FRENCH QUARTER but we can save the money by staying with freinds. Our family includes my wife who is 6 months pregnant,3 year old and 7 year old. The freind lives in Opopka fl, a 50 minute ride acording to mapquest. We will have 3 full days in the park. ADVICE PLEASE FROM ANYONE WHO KNOWS THE AREA WE WOULD BE TRAVELING OR FROM PAST EXPERIENCE!!

If this thread would be better served on another board please feel free to send it for me. THANKS

2-01 CBR
9-01 POR
2-02 OFF PROP
6-02 FQ ?

Can you say GOSH NO :confused: !!!???

All I can say, is don't do it... the traffic coming down in the morning is going to be pretty dreadful & the traffic going back up is going to be almost as bad... We did something like that a few years back, but my Husbands company was up near Apopka & we were in Disney... He had to drive up to the company in Rush Hour traffice because he didn't have to be there til 6pm (it was a weird schedule)... anyways, it was bad going up in the PM & I always noticed how bad it was coming down in the morning...

If you want to save money, go over to www.hotelkingdom.com & try to pick up the Sheraton Vistana Villages, they are beautiful, located just up the road from HIFS & take an easy 5 minutes to get to the Disney property line.... I think the 1 bedroom is 80.00/night

Oh that would be terrible! Your wife is probably going to want to take a break during the heat of the afternoon--are you really going to drive that far each way to let her rest for a bit?

Also, fifty minutes according to Mapquest is actually probably close to 90 minutes with Orlando rush hour traffic, and that's only to WDW property, the MK parking lot is another 15 minutes, plus then you have to transfer to the tram, then to the monorail or ferrey to get to the MK.

If you stay at PO you'll get on the bus and get off right at the park.

Anne

If I wanted to do just Disney, I would stay on property. I like to be able to go back to our room, snack, swim, nap, whatever. Perhaps you could spend a night or two on either or both ends of the trip with your friends. Or maybe they would meet you for a day at WDW. Personally I wouldn't want to drive rush hour traffic in the Orlando area if I didn't have to.

No way,

It's not gonnna be worth it...cranky pregnant wife and two small children int he Florida heat needing a break during the day and you only have 3 days there.

Stay on property or at least offsite very close.

Good luck with your decision and have fun.

Herc.

THANKS EVERYONE FOR YOUR SUGGESTIONS.
We will be staying at FRENCH QUARTER 9-16/9-20. I guess I let the thought of saving $500 get the better of me for a bit. I don't like staying with friends while on vacation anyway. Thanks again for the support!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter