Stay Play Dine 2019 Calculation Thread

SouthFayetteFan

Saving Money on Disney Vacations since 2006
The Stay Play Dine Discount https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/special-offers/stay-dine-package/ for 2019 travel dates was released on 9/26/18. As many of you are aware, I've been able to "crack the code" with the help of Don @ Mousesavers.com each of the past 4 years and determine how the savings actually work. Without further adieu here are the results for 2019:

VALUE RESORTS:
2019 Discount
= 40% off of the Quick Service Dining Plan with NO additional room discount
For Comparison sake:
2018 was 40% off dining with NO additional room discount
2017 was 40% off dining with NO additional room discount
2016 was 40% off dining plus a VERY small room discount ($1.75 off per night we believe)
2015 was 55% off dining plus a small room discount
**(FYI There was never a discount on tickets on this promo)**

MODERATE RESORTS:
2019 Discount
= 45% off of the Disney Dining Plan with NO additional room discount
For Comparison sake:
2018 was 45% off dining with NO additional room discount
2017 was 45% off dining with NO additional room discount
2016 was 55% off dining for the first adult plus 45% off dining for each additional person (adult or child) plus a VERY small room discount ($1.00 off per night we believe)
2015 was 55% off dining plus a small room discount
**(FYI There was never a discount on tickets on this promo)**

DELUXE RESORTS:
2019 Discount
= 45% off of the Disney Dining Plan
*In past years there was a small additional discount on the room as well in certain situations. It's almost impossible to look at every resort and date, so you may find a hidden gem out there in this way. In my checking I noticed that CR did not have an add'l discount and YC did (for what it's worth).
Prior years for Deluxe resorts was the same as moderate except the room discount portion may have been slightly larger than moderate.

Prior years of this thread can be seen here:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
EXAMPLE OF YEAR OVER YEAR COMPARISON

Here is an example of the SPD deal over the years and how costs have increased at Disney. Our example family is 2 adults, a child age 7 and a child age 1 (free). They are staying 6 nights in a standard room at CBR at the end of Jan/early Feb with 7 day base tickets and the regular Disney dining plan.

In 2015 under the SPD deal they would have paid (all approximate):
Room: $1,057
Tickets: $1,014
Dining: $376
TOTAL: $2,447

In 2016 under the SPD deal they would have paid (all approximate):
Room: $1,122
Tickets: $1,049
Dining: $458
TOTAL: $2,629

In 2017 under the SPD deal they will pay (all approximate):
Room: $1,151
Tickets: $1,161
Dining: $524
TOTAL: $2,836

In 2018 under the SPD deal they will pay (all approximate):
Room: $1,172
Tickets: $1,293
Dining: $583
TOTAL: $3,048

In 2019 under the SPD deal they will pay (all approximate):
Room: $1,294
Tickets: $1,309
Dining: $591
TOTAL: $3,194

So with the price increases on rooms, tickets & dining, combined with the lesser discount amounts...the example family pays $146 more in 2019 (vs. '18) and $212 more in 2018 (vs. '17). The good news there is the increase in this hypothetical actually slowed down this year. Over the 5 years analyzed the same exact discounted package goes up $747 which is approximately a 6.9% increase annually.

Also just a quick plug - if you don't visit mousesavers.com often you're missing out. These guys have an AWESOME page on all things Disney World, Disney Land and Disney Cruises. They have exclusive discounts and fantastic content on how to save money. I highly recommend their site!!!

NEW THIS YEAR - I'll list the Room Only Discounts so we remember what they were for next year:

1. GIFT OF MAGIC https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/special-offers/holiday-stay/: Save up to 25% on rooms at select Disney Resort hotels for stays most nights January 1 through April 27, 2019. (this was on bookings through January 2, 2019 - savings goes down slightly after that date)
  2. VISA WORDING https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/special-offers/holiday-rooms-visa-cardmember/: Save up to 35% on rooms at select Disney Resort hotels for stays most nights January 1 through April 27, 2019 when you book through January 2, 2019. (this was on bookings through January 2, 2019 - savings goes down slightly after that date)
25% OFF PUBLIC - 35% OFF through Disney Visa
  • Disney's Old Key West Resort
  • Disney's Saratoga Springs Resort & Spa
  • Disney's Animal Kingdom Lodge
  • Disney's Grand Floridian Resort & Spa
  • Disney's Yacht Club Resort

25% OFF PUBLIC - no additional Visa Offer

• Boulder Ridge Villas at Disney's Wilderness Lodge
  • Copper Creek Villas at Disney's Wilderness Lodge
  • Disney's Animal Kingdom Villas - Jambo House
  • Disney's Animal Kingdom Villas - Kidani Village
  • Disney's Beach Club Villas
  • Disney's Boardwalk Villas
  • Disney’s Beach Club Resort
  • Disney’s BoardWalk Inn

20% OFF PUBLIC - 30% OFF through Disney Visa
  • Disney's Caribbean Beach Resort
  • Disney's Coronado Springs Resort

20% OFF PUBLIC - no additional Visa Offer

• The Cabins at Disney’s Fort Wilderness Resort

15% OFF PUBLIC - 25% OFF through Disney Visa

• Disney’s All-Star Music Resort
  • Disney’s All-Star Sports Resort

15% OFF PUBLIC - no additional Visa Offer

• Disney's All-Star Movies Resort
  • Disney's Art of Animation Resort - Family Suites Only
  • Disney's Pop Century Resort

10% OFF PUBLIC - no additional Visa Offer

• Disney's Polynesian Villas & Bungalows - Studios Only
  • Disney's Contemporary Resort
  • Disney's Polynesian Village Resort
  • Disney's Wilderness Lodge
  • Disney's Port Orleans Resort - French Quarter
  • Disney's Port Orleans Resort - Riverside

Last edited:
I'm seeing the same thing - 40% off Quick Service dining for Value resorts and 45% off regular Dining for Moderate/Deluxe resorts. I've only looked at a handful of sample bookings, but it's been consistent so far.

And to be clear - you don't get any extra discount if you upgrade dining. So folks staying in Value resorts get $21 per adult per day and $9.51 per child per day off their package, no matter which of the dining plans they choose. And those in Mods/Deluxe get $33.97 per adult per day and $12.87 per child per day off their package, whether they choose regular or deluxe dining plans.

I'm seeing the same thing - 40% off Quick Service dining for Value resorts and 45% off regular Dining for Moderate/Deluxe resorts. I've only looked at a handful of sample bookings, but it's been consistent so far.
Thanks Don for jumping in!

I've also noticed that the following discounts are identical (although availability could vary):
  • Gift of Magic Room Only
  • Kid-Sized Gift of Magic Package
  • Magical Family Memories Package
The only difference is the marketing speak. IF you select identical nights, tickets, dining, etc. then your cost will be the same regardless of which you pick.

@dmunsil - I'm in agreement with 40% and 45% on value and moderate respectively. I've tested it on multiple dates and resorts and it's been absolutely consistent.

Jumping into Deluxe now...

Thanks Don for jumping in!

I've also noticed that the following discounts are identical (although availability could vary):
  • Gift of Magic Room Only
  • Kid-Sized Gift of Magic Package
  • Magical Family Memories Package
The only difference is the marketing speak. IF you select identical nights, tickets, dining, etc. then your cost will be the same regardless of which you pick.
So if we don't want dining should we book the Gift of Magic package instead?

Yes, that is probably the BEST savings in your scenario

I also can't recall - do you have a Disney Visa card?
Nope, no Disney Visa. I actually doubt we will be going to WDW next year since we are doing Japan, but I had to look at the discounts because why not? lol

Nope, no Disney Visa. I actually doubt we will be going to WDW next year since we are doing Japan, but I had to look at the discounts because why not? lol
Haha cool. I only asked because a bunch of resorts get an additional 10% through a Disney Visa (which is a pretty nice benefit actually).

I told DH I would consider taking the ILs to that vs a regular park day on our trip next summer, if it worked out. I think it'd be a better experience.
It's really a great experience for first time Disney goers. Our niece absolutely loved it in March for her first trip.

@SouthFayetteFan Re: 10% off with Disney Visa (sorry, my quote didn't insert)

Wait, what is this benefit you speak of? I googled and couldn't find anything on the extra 10%. I am trying to figure out the best way to do our trip next March now that UR --> Disney seems to be "on hold". Cashing out that many UR just doesn't seem right!

@SouthFayetteFan Re: 10% off with Disney Visa (sorry, my quote didn't insert)

Wait, what is this benefit you speak of? I googled and couldn't find anything on the extra 10%. I am trying to figure out the best way to do our trip next March now that UR --> Disney seems to be "on hold". Cashing out that many UR just doesn't seem right!
Using this link: https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/special-offers/holiday-rooms-visa-cardmember/ Will show you the resorts with a larger discount. There are 9 of them I believe where you save an add'l 10%!

I believe I'm finally done updating the first post here. I've said all I wanted to say, LOL - what a day :) :D

I booked SPD for AsMusic check in Feb 1st upgraded to regular dining. 6 nights in standard room at asmusic ,2 adults and one child w/4day and upgraded to regular dining for $ 2,740. I was booked at pop and she said even though pop or asmovies wasnt on blackout list she didnt see any availablity for them for this promotion.

I booked SPD for AsMusic check in Feb 1st upgraded to regular dining. 6 nights in standard room at asmusic ,2 adults and one child w/4day and upgraded to regular dining for $ 2,740. I was booked at pop and she said even though pop or asmovies wasnt on blackout list she didnt see any availablity for them for this promotion.
Yeah - depending on your dates and resort you may find some availability issues. This is pretty typical unfortunately at some resorts (pop being a major offender too lol).

Already purchased tickets under the Canadian resident offer and booked a room at POR. Called to see if I could add the dining plan and she kept trying to talk me into the Magic room offer and then adding dining. She didn't understand that I was ONLY interested in the dining plan if I could alter the reservation to take advantage of SPD (and the 45% off dining). I might try again and see if I could get transferred to a supervisor. I know some people have had luck if they get the "right" representative

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter