Stayed at other Loew's anywhere?

Eclpz314

<font color=red>ADDICOMNIAC<br><font color=teal>I
Hi all. After having such a wonderful time at RPR in July, I decided to book the Loew's in Philadelphia (about 45 min. from home) for New Year's Eve so we could finally see a great fireworks celebration in person:jester: I've seen pictures of the room views on the Loew's site and it looks good.......no palm trees though:rolleyes: Has anyone ever stayed at another Loew's hotel anywhere besides Universal? I think I'll have to deprogram the family before we go! Guess this will have to tide me over until next July at RPR.......at least I was able to take advantage of one of those fall discount prices on the Philly trip. Hopefully won't be tooooooooo much longer before I can put the July '04 trip into it's final stages of planning.

I have stayed at Loews Coronado Bay Resort in San Diego. It is a lovely property and I would stay there again in a heartbeat!

Originally posted by antmaril
I have stayed at Loews Coronado Bay Resort in San Diego. It is a lovely property and I would stay there again in a heartbeat!

I don't blame you!! San Diego's beautiful! Did you find the overall service at the hotel ok?

Oh yes, the service at Loews Coronado Bay was fine. We had a very nice room with a balcony overlooking the marina. They had a nice pool and the grounds were quite nice. The lobby area and restaurant are really lovely. We had a great time. Some people think that Loews is somewhat remote, but we didn't mind it. We had a rental car and were in Coronado in a matter of minutes.

We stayed at the Loew's L'Enfant Plaza in Washington, D.C. It was lovely. This was several years ago. There is a Metro stop in the basement which is quite convenient.

Nan

I stayed at the Loews Philly in June. It wasn't nearly as nice as any of the US resorts. They did upgrade us to a very nice suite on the 21st floor and gave us access to club. The rooms are more contemporary in decor and older. The views of the city wre very nice, but smaller. Parking is a fortune! $28.00 a night!! It's in a great location to walk around the city. The subway station is right there (I forget what you call it there). There is a CVS in walking distance where we got some water, and goodies. Any questions?

Yeowch! $28 to park.....and we all talk about the $6 per day at the US hotels! So.....is the parking near/at the Loew's Hotel? Looks like that's the cheapest way for us to get there. Do you know how many floors are in the hotel? We won't be in the room very much either because we're planning to go to Penn's Landing to watch the fireworks, and maybe catch some of the Mummer's Parade on New Year's Day. Depending on detour traffic we might end up spending most of the day there. And throw in the possibility of ice/snow............ One last question..what was the club level like? I've read their ad for "club library", but doubt we'll make use of that. Wow, kinda glad I'm in the midst of planning for RPR in July! lol Thanks for the info!

Funny you should ask about this... I have to stay downtown Toronto one night this month and since I just was upgraded to Loews Gold I thought I would book a Loews... guess what? No Loews in Toronto... just Montreal and Quebec City :(

So it's the Fairmont Royal York for me... I am a Fairmont Platinum member so they take good care of me there too.

>>^..^<<

Hi I stayed at the Nashville Loews last July 4th and loved it. There was not much going on there compared to Orlando. Also, the decor was pretty plain in comparison too. We were gold at the time and were upgraded to Club. They did not have any suites available due to many weddings going on that weekend. The Club offerings were very limited, but the Starbucks coffee available all day kept me busy along with the bottled waters.

The best part was the Hotel Concierge clerks who were very gracious and sent me one of each welcome gift just so I could try them out and to help celebrate a no kids weekend. They also gave me the new kids teen gifts, so I would have something to take back to my kids when I returned. The best welcome gift was the regional Mary McGhee's Bumble Bees which were chocolate covered pecan turtles!

There is a Ruth Chris steak house in the lobby that was great. We also walked downtown for the 4th of July activities.

I plan on always staying at Loews Hotels on my travels if one is available now that I am a Plat. Loews Member!

Sure sounds like the Nashville one was nice! I'm wondering if the one in Philly will do anything special since it'll be New Year's. I'm also excited because I get to see what my gold mem. gets! After our stay at RPR next July I should become platinum...so let me know how they spoil you other places with your platinum!

Originally posted by Eclpz314
Yeowch! $28 to park.....and we all talk about the $6 per day at the US hotels! So.....is the parking near/at the Loew's Hotel? Looks like that's the cheapest way for us to get there. Do you know how many floors are in the hotel? One last question..what was the club level like? I've read their ad for "club library", but doubt we'll make use of that.

Parking is at the hotel, you need to take a right right after the front of the hotel and it's on the right.
I can't remember exactly how may floors but I think it was 34. Club was not worth any extra money. They had a very limited continental breakfast, they ran out of stuff towards the end & was all put out because we asked for more muffins! They didn't ahve anything else in there all day. I wonder if they only do the afternoon stuff during the week? I did notice on the web site it reads food and non alcoholic beverages twice daily. It was very nice up there, my kids went up and played board games.
Penn's landing was a bit far for us to walk to but I noticed there was some kind of trolley or bus for one price that you could hop on and off of all day.
have a great time! I bet Philly is nice when the sun shines! I'll have to try it again ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter