• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Staying at Port Orleans-Riverside

Goofy41

Goofy-Dad
Hi all, just finished booking my Xmas vacation. We will be staying at the above resort hotel, from 12-21 to 12-27. I never stayed on Disney during the Holidays, any helpful hints out there or what to expect. Do they decoate the rooms or anything like that,etc..

The rooms are not decorated, but the main bldg is.

POR is a gorgeous resort. Lots of beautiful landscaping and all the birds/ducks/animals are wonderful to see.

We always ask for a bldg as far from the main bldg as possible because we enjoy the leisure walk on the paths. It doesn't bother me to walk around the resort because all you do at WDW is walk anyway!

You can take a ride down the river and there is also fishing.

BTW, try to take time to visit the other resorts to check out their decorations, too.

POR is a beautiful resort. If you have time, I would also suggest checking out other resorts as they are beautifully decorated as well. The way our family did this last Christmas was having dinner at other resorts like WL, GF, and Coronado Springs. In fact, after visiting WL, we decided to stay there next year.

Have fun!

Be sure to take advantage of the boat ride to DTD from Riverside. It is a nice perk that they offer. The resort is very nice and the lobby will be decorated but I would definitely recommend visiting some of the other hotels. The decorations are fabulous...well worth the trip. My recommendations:
1) Grand Floridian - beautiful tree - full size gingerbread house that they have a gift shop inside of .... amazing
2) Beach Club/Yacht Club/Boardwalk - have nice decorations inside.
3) Wilderness Lodge ( I have heard but not yet seen)

If you aren't able to go to MVMCP be sure to see the fireworks one night. We watched from the Contemporary and they were spectacular! Even prettier than watching from inside the park during MVMCP.

We like PORiverside with our favorite moderate being French Quarter. Remember you can use the facilities at FQ also since they are "sister" resorts. I'm sure you will like this resort. If you have any specific questions...just ask.

OH man, our favorite resort. Riverside is beautiful and just walking the grounds is fantastic. That resort inspired me to start a WDW resort picture site.

Everytime I can get there I just take my time, walking from the mansions to the bayou and everything in-between.

There's nothing like waking up early and taking the path to the food court as the sun is coming up.

We're staying there in Dec. and can't wait.:bounce:

We'll be staying at POR during our stay that will include the Springsteen concert on November 21st. We want to stay in the Mansion Buildings, hopefully Magnolia Bend. Any suggestions for a nice (quiet, peaceful) room? We're planning on sleeping in (very UN-Disney) the morning after the concert.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter