Staying at Riverside : Show me pics, get me excited!!

Hi Andre, thanks for all of the great information! We are coming down to POR 11/11-11/16. Can you tell me if the Christmas decorations will be up then? What about the lobby tree? We've stayed at the resort before but never at this time of the year, and we are hoping to see it all decorated. Thanks!

Hi Andre, thanks for all of the great information! We are coming down to POR 11/11-11/16. Can you tell me if the Christmas decorations will be up then?

The parks will be decorated (especially the Magic Kingdom for the parties) but the resorts will most likely be done the week before Thanksgiving. You may get lucky though, you never know.

Andre

Actually on the plane heading to POR, so excited! Should be on the ground in about 20 minutes.

My husband and I are leaving in 101 days to celebrate our 25th anniversary at Port Orleans Riverside!! This has been in the planning for a very long time and we are sooo excited!! I'd love to see current photos if anyone wants to share ... :)

You are going to love POR. My family has always stayed there and we have been there often! They have the best food court. Hint: I would not spend the money on Boatwrights sit down restaurant. The food court is wonderful. You should ask for buildings 14, 15, 16, 17, or 18. If you are staying in Aligator Bayou. If your room is in Magnolia bend, building 95 is great. By checking in early you are more likely to get your choice. You can check in any time. We usually check in around 7:30. - 8:00 am. They will store your luggage till your room is ready so you can start enjoying the parks. If you have any other questions, please ask. There are some great pics of POR on this site. We will be there June 2-8, 2016. Staying in 2 Royal Rooms which will be new for us as we have always stayed at Alligator bayou.

Last edited:
You are going to love POR. My family has always stayed there and we have been there often! They have the best food court. Hint: I would not spend the money on Boatwrights sit down restaurant. The food court is wonderful. You should ask for buildings 14, 15, 16, 17, or 18. If you are staying in Aligator Bayou. If your room is in Magnolia bend, building 95 is great. By checking in early you are more likely to get your choice. You can check in any time. We usually check in around 7:30. - 8:00 am. They will store your luggage till your room is ready so you can start enjoying the parks. If you have any other questions, please ask. There are some great pics of POR on this site. We will be there June 2-8, 2016. Staying in 2 Royal Rooms which will be new for us as we have always stayed at Alligator bayou.

Thanks so much pawahl! We were actually thinking building 18 - fairly close to the food court, etc, and also close to a quiet pool. Can we expect lots of foot traffic in those areas though? Would the 'non-preferred' areas be quieter? Our flight lands at MCO around noon, so I'm thinking with Magical Express we're looking at ... 1:30 or so arrival? We've only ever taken Magical Express once before. When we go with the boys we take the Amtrak Autotrain. Oh, and what happens with the Disney busses? Is there one depot better than the others? Thanks so much for your help!!

Thanks so much pawahl! We were actually thinking building 18 - fairly close to the food court, etc, and also close to a quiet pool. Can we expect lots of foot traffic in those areas though? Would the 'non-preferred' areas be quieter? Our flight lands at MCO around noon, so I'm thinking with Magical Express we're looking at ... 1:30 or so arrival? We've only ever taken Magical Express once before. When we go with the boys we take the Amtrak Autotrain. Oh, and what happens with the Disney busses? Is there one depot better than the others? Thanks so much for your help!!

All the rooms are off the beaten path and have never had a problem with noise. The quiet pool is great and hardly ever crowded. Building 18 is wonderful ( we have stayed there) and the South depot usually gets picked up first, so I would go to the south depot to catch your bus to the parks. I do not know about arriving via MCO airport as we live in SC and we always drive
( 8 hour trip). We are driving down and staying at a hotel just outside WDW, then checking in early the next morning so we can enjoy the parks for a full day.

If you want building 18, I would call reservations and request it. Those are popular buildings.

Last edited:
We got back two weeks ago from a lovely stay at POR in mid-May. I loved looking at this thread before our trip, so I thought I'd add some to it. I'm not a professional photographer, and these are all just snapshots taken with my phone, but they still show how lovely the resort can be!
IMG_20160514_170101791.jpg IMG_20160514_142248575.jpg IMG_20160514_142147782.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!