Staying the night before our package begins....

kylovebug

Mouseketeer
Ok, so it turns out we will arrive in Orlando the day before our package (hotel, tickets, ddp) begins.

We are staying at Pop. If I book a room only reservation, what is the policy for when our package starts the next day? Do we have to check out and then check back in? Would we have to switch rooms if I booked the same room category?

I hope this question makes sense. I've been to wdw several times but this is our first on-site stay.

You may have to switch rooms all just depends on how they assigned rooms.
You could try to call and see if they could merge your reservations.

You may have to switch rooms all just depends on how they assigned rooms.
You could try to call and see if they could merge your reservations.
This plus go to the front desk on your first day and let them know . They may be able to keep you in the same room since it is in the same category . We had that on one of our trips but were prepared to move out if they couldn't .

Ok, so it turns out we will arrive in Orlando the day before our package (hotel, tickets, ddp) begins.

We are staying at Pop. If I book a room only reservation, what is the policy for when our package starts the next day? Do we have to check out and then check back in? Would we have to switch rooms if I booked the same room category?

I hope this question makes sense. I've been to wdw several times but this is our first on-site stay.

If you book the same room category for both reservations, you can have the reservations linked with a request noted to keep the same room. When you check in the first night, tell the CM you have a continuing reservation and would like to stay in the same room if possible. You will have to check out/check back in and there is a chance you will have to move, but Disney tries their best to accommodate requests. Hope you have a great trip :wizard:.

We did this at CBR. We had a room only reservation (same room category) the night before our package. We called in advance and made sure the reservations were linked, and added a request to keep our same room. When we arrived and checked in, the CM at the desk was able to confirm we'd be keeping the same room the next day. The next morning before heading to the park, I called from the phone in our room and they were able to check us into our package. All was very smooth, no issue with dining credits or anything, and never had to return to the front desk.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter