Steakhouse 55: Amazing Experience until the End

masblas3379

Earning My Ears
My friends and I had reservations for dinner at Steakhouse 55. When the reservation was made, nut allergies we're mentioned and confirmed by the host and our server. Just to state the entree of lamb chops, the side of potatoes and our server were fantastic until dessert. My friend who has the nut allergies, ordered the 24 layer chocolate cake, but we didn't know it had almonds on the outside.The server brought the cake and when reminded about the allergy, she didn't offer to replace it with another slice, or even apologize. Her response was, "do you have eppy pen with you?" In my opinion this was completely unacceptable, and not how I expect Disney to handle things. I still recommend going there, just be aware it may not be as perfect as you hope.

My friends and I had reservations for dinner at Steakhouse 55. When the reservation was made, nut allergies we're mentioned and confirmed by the host and our server. Just to state the entree of lamb chops, the side of potatoes and our server were fantastic until dessert. My friend who has the nut allergies, ordered the 24 layer chocolate cake, but we didn't know it had almonds on the outside.The server brought the cake and when reminded about the allergy, she didn't offer to replace it with another slice, or even apologize. Her response was, "do you have eppy pen with you?" In my opinion this was completely unacceptable, and not how I expect Disney to handle things. I still recommend going there, just be aware it may not be as perfect as you hope.

The 24 layer cake also is made with Nutella. Your friend shouldn't have been able to order that at all. Did a chef not come to talk to you?

The 24 layer cake also is made with Nutella. Your friend shouldn't have been able to order that at all. Did a chef not come to talk to you?
My friend is allergic to almonds and there was almond brittle on the side. He's not allergic to Nutella. But regardless, the chef didn't come talk to us, nor was it offered, which is opposite the case when we ate at Cafe Orleans for lunch where the server asked if we needed to speak to the chef.

I would've gone nuts and made this a big deal. Whether I have an Epipen or not shouldn't even be an issue if my allergies were taken seriously.

Wow, my sister is very allergic to nuts (yes, she carries 2 epi pens and liquid Benadryl at all times) and this is totally unacceptable and very dangerous. I hope you talked to the manager.

Please make sure you contact Disney guest services about this. Totally unacceptable.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter