Step up to the plate Disney Cruise Line!

In terms of the Castaway Cay lunch, the ribs are slow cooked enough to be tender and while nothing I can't do at home, it's hard to ever complain about ribs. The sauce is cloyingly sweet and flavorless. Though, admittedly, not as sweet and flavorless as the potato salad who's only saving grace was that upon tasting it, I finally understood what all those articles in The Root were talking about. The winner on Castaway for me is honestly the grilled chicken. Nice lemon flavor, bit of char, and not too dry. But just like the MDR, there are other people with different tastes who think this is the highlight meal of the trip. You just have to roll with that. It's going to be mainstream American bland.

In terms of the Castaway Cay lunch, the ribs are slow cooked enough to be tender and while nothing I can't do at home, it's hard to ever complain about ribs. The sauce is cloyingly sweet and flavorless. Though, admittedly, not as sweet and flavorless as the potato salad who's only saving grace was that upon tasting it, I finally understood what all those articles in The Root were talking about. The winner on Castaway for me is honestly the grilled chicken. Nice lemon flavor, bit of char, and not too dry. But just like the MDR, there are other people with different tastes who think this is the highlight meal of the trip. You just have to roll with that. It's going to be mainstream American bland.
I bring my own 1 oz bottles of Tabasco, Tajin and other "fluffed-uppers" to suit me. I don't expect that when you are cooking for thousands that you can adjust to suit everyone.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!