Stevie Nicks is AWFUL!!

I love Stevie Nicks, always have! I think she's just great. Age (and sickness) has not been super kind to her though. I love her uniqueness.
For the PP who mentioned T-Swift on DWTS-- yuck. I really don't believe she has an ounce of talent in her body.

She was bad and weird. The hand gestures? I felt embarrased for her. She definitely needs a new stylist!! That outfit was awful. So was her eye makeup.

When I saw her in concert last month she wore the same type thing. In fact, during the concert she changed clothes at least 3 times, and each outfit was a long black skirt, heavy, thick soled black boots and a long-sleeved black shirt with flowing sleeves. They all looked like witch costumes. I think that is her signature look.

I actually thought she looked a little younger than her age in person. :confused3

I once saw Cher in concert, hands down the worst thing I have ever seen :sad2::sad2:

Tina Turner was the best!!:banana:

When I saw her in concert last month she wore the same type thing. In fact, during the concert she changed clothes at least 3 times, and each outfit was a long black skirt, heavy, thick soled black boots and a long-sleeved black shirt with flowing sleeves. They all looked like witch costumes. I think that is her signature look.

I actually thought she looked a little younger than her age in person. :confused3

It was funny you mention this because 20 years ago I got the chance to see her live at a place in the Chicagoland area that's no longer there, called Popular Creek. My buddy was a huge fan of hers and seemed to think she was some kind of sexy goddess or something. After that show, his opinion of her was based more in reality.:lmao:

Of all the concerts I went too in my life, she was one of the worst. Her voice was just ok, but she kept changing costumes and it interrupted the flow of the concert. Just when she would get the crowd into one of her hits, the band would play on and she would disappear for at least 10 to 15 minutes, then come out in a different outfit as you described above. I bet she changed those big flowing dresses of hers at least 4 or 5 times and it was ridiculous. I wasn't the only one getting tired of it and people at the end were walking out. I was just glad the show was over and felt I wasted my money and time. It was a lesson learned and I can't imagine how bad it would be to see her now.

I turned to my husband last night and say OMG she is so flat. She sounded absolutely horrible last night.

To those who say she hasn't aged well - she is 62! I think she looks great.

I think she looks good too, especially with all the drugs she was into at one time.

I like The Dixie Chicks version too.

I do too.

Looks-wise, she's just fine in my eyes, although the hair could use something less rockerish at her age.

It's her voice that's going south! But if it's from pneumonia... I don't know, i was never a fan so I don't know how she's been sounding recently when she's been well.

Since I always liked her voice I'll take back my comment last night. Maybe her voice is going but I'll give the benefit of the doubt this time.

As for her outfit..that is her trademark. If she came out in jeans and a sweater people would wonder what the heck she was doing because "that ain't the Stevie Nicks we're used to seeing". I do think that maybe the hair can be updated though.

Look, it's not the pneumonia. She sounded like a goat in her 20s and she sounds like an old goat now. I have never been able to get my hands on the radio controls fast enough when I heard her voice. I didn't know South Park did an episode about her sounding like a goat, but I'll watch for it now. :rotfl2: How anyone with ears can miss the sound of bleating is a mystery to me. :headache:

I often think Miley Cyrus has a similar goat-like quality to her voice, but it simply cannot compare.

We're not "haters".....We just think she sounds like a bleating goat and that is not enjoyable to listen to.

I once saw Cher in concert, hands down the worst thing I have ever seen :sad2::sad2:

Tina Turner was the best!!:banana:

That's so funny because I always tell people it was the best concert I ever saw. :rotfl: But this also was in Vegas back in the the late 70's.

Guess everyone has different tastes. ;)

That's so funny because I always tell people it was the best concert I ever saw. :rotfl: But this also was in Vegas back in the the late 70's.

Guess everyone has different tastes. ;)

It was some time in the '80's. Half the time they were showing a movie on a big screen, she was hardly on stage, then a Cher impersonator came out at the same time as Cher - made me wonder how much of the show was really even her!

The woman has been battling pneumonia! :sick: :rolleyes:

Stevie Nicks cancels all New York appearances: Singer is suffering from pneumonia and the flu
BY KATHLEEN PERRICONE
DAILY NEWS STAFF WRITER
Monday, May 02, 2011

On the eve of the release of her seventh album, "In Your Dreams," Stevie Nicks has canceled several upcoming appearances in New York because she's suffering from pneumonia and the flu, according to a press release.

The former Fleetwood Mac singer, 62, has been ordered by her doctor to "stay in bed and not fly" until she fully recovers.

Nicks was set to perform on NBC's "Today" and Fox's "Good Day New York" on Tuesday and at a star-studded concert thrown in her honor by her record label, Reprise Records, at Webster Hall on Wednesday -- but all have been canceled.

"I want to apologize to all my fans and hope that we can reschedule and of course I hope you love the new album," Nicks said in a statement. "It's for you."

http://articles.nydailynews.com/2011-05-02/entertainment/29521444_1_stevie-nicks-fleetwood-mac-singer-pneumonia

Wasn't Whitney Houston also "sick" right around her comeback and also had to cancel quite a few appearances & concert dates? :rolleyes1

It's a great excuse as to why the star is jacked up on "meds" :eek: that make them high,
172.gif
why they are off when they do perform and why their voice is off.

Wouldn't the truth of "The planned rehad & recovery of the star didn't go according to plan, in time before their comeback after all," be better?

Whitney, at least has finally admitted she STILL has a problem and has gone back to rehab last week. :thumbsup2

Maybe it's time for Stevie, too.

Wasn't Whitney Houston also "sick" right around her comeback and also had to cancel quite a few appearances & concert dates? :rolleyes1

It's a great excuse as to why the star is jacked up on "meds" :eek: that make them high,
172.gif
why they are off when they do perform and why their voice is off.

Wouldn't the truth of "The planned rehad & recovery of the star didn't go according to plan, in time before their comeback after all," be better?

Whitney, at least has finally admitted she STILL has a problem and has gone back to rehab last week. :thumbsup2

Maybe it's time for Stevie, too.

Maybe you should get your facts straight! What comeback?? She has been touring continuously every year since 2001, and has put 4 albums and a DVD out since then, including one with Fleetwood Mac. :rolleyes1

It's one thing to just not like her. EVERYONE has different tastes. I for one think Harry Potter was the stupidest movie series in history. :eek: Please do not insinuate she is a crack head simply because you do not like her! :)

For anyone interested, here is a recent performance from March when she didn't have pneumonia. Stevie Nicks March 2011 Didn't look like a crack head to me and I thought it was a beautiful performance. This was one of the shows with Rod Stewart @ Madison Square Garden. As I said, everyone has different tastes. Fine if you can't stand her, but your post has no basis.

I think all artists have "off" performances, but if hers happens to be drug related, that's just sad!:sad2:

I happen to love her voice. I think it's different and all of her songs are specifically fitting to her vocal style.:)

Haley on American Idol just butchered Rhiannon.

Only Stevie should do Stevie...PERIOD!!!:snooty:

Wow! I love Stevie, her voice is unique and good for her that she's still performing.

I love Cher's voice too and I think Bette Midler has a fantastic voice! She's an incredible talent.

I love Stevie Nicks, always have! I think she's just great. Age (and sickness) has not been super kind to her though. I love her uniqueness.
For the PP who mentioned T-Swift on DWTS-- yuck. I really don't believe she has an ounce of talent in her body.

I don't have a clue what she does with her life at the present time but let's face facts; age, sickness and drugs haven't been kind to her. It is a known fact that she spent years in a drug induced stupor. I think that has a heck of a lot more to do with her current looks than the flu.

I don't have a clue what she does with her life at the present time but let's face facts; age, sickness and drugs haven't been kind to her. It is a known fact that she spent years in a drug induced stupor. I think that has a heck of a lot more to do with her current looks than the flu.
:thumbsup2

I stopped listening to her when I found out she aborted Don Henleys baby... sorry big Eagles fan here.

Although I've been a classically trained singer for over 20 years, I'm not a purist. I love all styles of singing. What I can't stand however is pitch problems. Would you go to a concert and listen to an out of tune piano or guitar?
I watching a documentary right now on Netflix and I have to turn it off. She is constantly flat within a whole tone!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter