Still locked down this fall?

I think the US really screwed up. When our government saw what was happening in China, the "Powers that be" should've been proactive. Virus strains frequently "jump" and it was inevitable that with modern travel, the virus would land here. We should've started to encourage stay at home long ago (January) but it's tough to do that without actually showing Americans the "hard data" to support such a move. But looking forward, we also can't stay confined forever or our economy with crash and burn. People have lots of bills to pay, and businesses will begin to close permanently. I'm trying to be positive in all of this, but unless everyone does their part, we're screwed.

There's 2 different paths to civil unrest.

A) People rebel against the lock down

B) People rebel against not being able to get care for their dying family members. More emotional and violent.

I think this is what is trying to get balanced. With everything considered both paths dent the economy, possibly by different amounts though not necessarily.
A local news story just ran yesterday I think where they said calls for domestic violence and child abuse are sharply down in our area but that was actually a concerning statistic. They were concerned that domestic violence and child abuse was still occurring but not being reported. That echos the concern EveDallas (I'm fairly certain that was the poster who mentioned that) had that she mentioned in their area as these stay at home orders, school closings, etc can have a negative impact on that unfortunately.

I think, we peak around May. I expect life to start to return to normal by the fall. I still expect people to catch COVID-19 and die from the virus. However, I think, by then we'll have had a lot of people infected and recovered.

If this goes into the Fall......I just know that the Thanksgiving tables will be a lot smaller. And if DH and I do still do a turkey and all the fixin's we will be living on leftovers a lot longer than thru Sunday!

I'm trying not to speculate too much about when this will end. Everything is shifting so much on a day-to-day basis that being as flexible as possible, and having as few expectations as possible, is working best for me. I tell you what, though, whenever this does end I am going to WDW :earsgirl:

the thing is........won't we just end up getting another round of this next fall/early winter?

We may get a second wave of outbreak by fall if the lockdown ends prematurely. This may be the new norm until they find a vaccine or a cure. Who knows what will happen to WDW by the time this ends.

We may get a second wave of outbreak by fall if the lockdown ends prematurely. This may be the new norm until they find a vaccine or a cure. Who knows what will happen to WDW by the time this ends.

i just figure that unless it's totally eradicated or a vaccination is created that once schools resume/college resumes/people start indoor social gathering for major holidays then it will crank back up (which around here is the fall).

Covid will likely be a seasonal event until we get a vaccine.

Covid will likely be a seasonal event until we get a vaccine.
We hope so but this virus is affecting the whole globe where the seasons are different from the northern hemisphere. It’s even causing devastation in countries around the equator.

I am hoping things level out by June or July for us. I think that a lot of other poorer countries are not going to fare well. India, for instance, has a billion people, their country is mismanaged, and they have a huge population of poor people living in squalor conditions. Other countries like poorer countries in Africa are going to be devastated. The only way we get out of this is by completely restricting international travel to only a few countries and have strict guidelines.

If scientists can come up with a good treatment would make a huge difference obviously.

I am hoping things level out by June or July for us. I think that a lot of other poorer countries are not going to fare well. India, for instance, has a billion people, their country is mismanaged, and they have a huge population of poor people living in squalor conditions. Other countries like poorer countries in Africa are going to be devastated. The only way we get out of this is by completely restricting international travel to only a few countries and have strict guidelines.

If scientists can come up with a good treatment would make a huge difference obviously.

i have to wonder how u.s. cities with large homeless populations are going to handle the inevitable spread into a population that cannot or will not self quarantine or socially isolate. tomorrow one of our neighboring cities is moving some of their homeless into the now closed public library which while i appreciate will provide these individuals in need with a roof over their heads seems like it will create a large group environment ripe for a massive outbreak :guilty:

i have to wonder how u.s. cities with large homeless populations are going to handle the inevitable spread into a population that cannot or will not self quarantine or socially isolate. tomorrow one of our neighboring cities is moving some of their homeless into the now closed public library which while i appreciate will provide these individuals in need with a roof over their heads seems like it will create a large group environment ripe for a massive outbreak :guilty:
Are we already getting glimpse into that scenario?

A local news story just ran yesterday I think where they said calls for domestic violence and child abuse are sharply down in our area but that was actually a concerning statistic. They were concerned that domestic violence and child abuse was still occurring but not being reported. That echos the concern EveDallas (I'm fairly certain that was the poster who mentioned that) had that she mentioned in their area as these stay at home orders, school closings, etc can have a negative impact on that unfortunately.

Yes, it was me.And I absolutely believe these things are probably on the increase, but people are more afraid of the virus than abuse and don't contact the police.

My daughter's college has already put all summer classes session classes online, so the earliest her college will reopen is in August for the fall semester.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter