Stolen Golf carts!

Many of the carts or "pargos" that Disney uses all across property have horrible ignitions. I mean, you could probably start half of them with your mailbox key. So it doesn't surprise me that teens are going for a joy ride in them.

True story . . .

A few years back, I hopped on the Disney cart I rented, and took off. When I got to my destination, I went to take the key out of the ignition, and discovered that I had inadvertently used the key to my camper! I tried it on a few other carts, and it worked on them too! But, the golf cart keys wouldn't open my camper locks. :confused3

That's some good security there.

We came back from MK one night Late Late from MK and my Disney cart was missing but there was one sitting there. So I called it in as stolen and Disney gave me a credit. I went back about 3am and that cart was still there. So I put my key in it and off I went. The people that had that cart took mine. Used that cart for free the 5 days I was there never had Disney stop me or said anything.

As I have said before . . .

Rebel.

I was certain our cart had been taken one day a couple of trips ago. We started the day at Chef Mickeys, then went straight to Epcot. When we returned, the cart was no where to be found. Just as I was about to report it, I remembered that it wasn't at the Outpost at all, but rather was at the marina. :sad2: Brilliant blond moment.

:rotfl2:

Don't feel bad.

It's probably happened to a lot of people.

TCD

The same thing happened to us! We had just arrived and checked in, rented a golf cart, went to our cabin to unload then headed to the Meadows Trading post for groceries. It was getting dark when we went inside. We had 2 hungry toddlers and spent about 20 minutes in the post and when we came out our golf cart was gone. We were in shock. I mean, really? It was really bad that this happened in 2010 and it’s still happening almost 10 years later? The cast members in the trading post said it happens all the time. They took us back up to get another golf cart. We used the plastic bags to decorate our cart and never had any more problems for the rest of our trip. Pretty sure that’s the reason everyone decorated them when they get there- to keep them from getting stolen.

Funny this has be reborn after 10 years. I never saw it originally but would have posted if I had. I'm one of those people who always worry about someone snatching our golf cart. It hasn't happened yet but I'm waiting. Next time I just think we'll bring our own. Sorry you had to put up with this crap Tink, it really sucks!

I had a key pad ignition put on my cart. If you don’t have the code it does not go anywhere unless you tow it. The Cub sucks most people can take it off in less than 1min that’s why you don’t hear about them anymore.

I know this is 10yo thread but the Club itself was decent. The issue was that a thief could hacksaw the steering wheel and remove the club that way. The Club has a guarantee IIRC that if you had the Club on it and a thief was able to beat it they would replace you car, give you 10k or something like that. The issue and the companies way around it was that if the steering wheel got hack-sawed the Club still did it's job so you didn't get paid. Basically the Club had to be broken or the lock jimmied for you to win the case and that was almost impossible to do.

If you have a personal cart, install a new ignition with a unique key. Simple to do.

This happened a lot at a different resort campground we stay at, they keys/ignitions get wore out and any key will turn it on. Not sure if it is done on purpose or by accident, but now when you rent a cart at that place they include a cable/padlock to lock the steering wheel to the window frame. I will bring my own lock & cable next time were at The Fort.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!