Stop purchasing movies while waiting for Disney+?

TheSpooph

Mouseketeer
Now that we know the date and price for Disney+, I wonder if I should purchase any more movies... There are a few movies I was going to purchase prior to an upcoming trip. But, maybe I’ll just hold off and use that money to purchase my subscription.

Anyone else thinking along those lines?

Edited to try and clarify my terrible phone grammar.

Yeah, I'm having issues with that too. Like, there's a few I want, including some of the recent Signature Editions and Wreck-It Ralph 2. I did break down and get Mary Poppins Returns, but knowing all of this will be available on the service, I am feeling like waiting is the right call. Maybe I'll buy if I find them at a sale pice, but I am holding back.

I'd rather have the physical copy. You pay one time price and can watch whenever. We all know that $6.99 is just to start. I would assume there will be a version of the Disney Vault rotation of when movies are available.

Nope. While I will be signing up for Disney+ as soon as I can, my preference is always physical copies. I have a number of items ready to buy from the Disney Movie Club this weekend and others (like Dumbo) waiting in the wings.

Disney+ seems like such a no brainer. Plus, when we go on vacation (other than to disney parks), we can just pack the AppleTV with us and have all of our movies along for the entire duration of the trip.

I'm also a physical media fan but plan to subscribe to Disney+ The thing with streaming is that content can come & go. Didn't Taylor Swift withdraw from Spotify or some other streaming service? What happens when some show biz person is accused of some unsavory act, is Disney going to pull that person's movies? Even some legal entanglement between Disney and some other corporate entity might affect the availability of some titles. Even more likely...what if your internet service is interrupted?:scared1: Certainly these things won't happen often, maybe not at all. I just like knowing that I have my favorites handy anytime I get a whim to watch them.:earsboy:

Disney + will only be worth it to my if they go back to the vaults and bring out a line of entertainment similar to when Disney channel started as a pay cable channel- The Walt Era line up. I would also like to see the series from the 80's-90's from WDW. Just think of the expansion of showing DCL, Aulani, and all the Disneylands from around the world. That would be worth it. Keep your Star Wars and Marvel and what passes for entertainment on the current day Disney Channel. I have the animation that I have collected over the last twenty old years. I want the CLASSICS.

Disney + will only be worth it to my if they go back to the vaults and bring out a line of entertainment similar to when Disney channel started as a pay cable channel- The Walt Era line up. I would also like to see the series from the 80's-90's from WDW. Just think of the expansion of showing DCL, Aulani, and all the Disneylands from around the world. That would be worth it. Keep your Star Wars and Marvel and what passes for entertainment on the current day Disney Channel. I have the animation that I have collected over the last twenty old years. I want the CLASSICS.
I agree for the most part. I'd like to see all the stuff that isn't now or has never been available for home video release. The Star Wars and Marvel stuff is fine with me but I think there's a huge segment of the market for whom this will be the main draw.

I love the idea of a portable collection. Plus, some of the new content they are creating sounds great. And I agree that items from the Vault are a must do. I thought I read that was part of the plan, at least long term. It’ll be great to have the new stuff in digital form, but I think a large audience is excited about old Walt Disney TV episodes, and long ‘forgotten’ vault items.

Like many others, I like having my own personal copies. I've amassed quite a collection in recent months since joining the Disney Movie Club. For the most part prices can be quite reasonable especially once you fulfill your purchase requirements (which I did in about 3 months). There are some great finds to be had there.

Yes, I agree totally. (I've had enough of Star Wars and never cared for Marvel.) Even to bring back reruns of the original Mickey Mouse Club would be fun. And the original Wonderful World of Disney that used to run on Sunday nights when I was a child. There is a lot of content there not available on video. We can only hope!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter