Storage areas for a rollator in each park

Charlie C.

Retired teacher & Attorney; now an author/poet
I've been a DVC member since 2006 but now have run up against this problem. I've been using a cane and a scooter for the last several years but now have graduated (?) to a rollator (walker w/ seat). I would like to use my rollator to go from our resort to a theme park and then switch to a scooter. Are there storage areas in each park where I can park my rollator safely? Thanks.

I don't think the lockers are big enough. You could possibly attach it directly to the scooter depending on attachment points.

But wouldn't it be cheaper to rent the scooter from an offsite company for the duration of your stay instead of renting by the day at the park.

Much cheaper to rent a scooter from an offsite company than rent inside the park. My father uses one when we go and is the only place he needs one.

I've been a DVC member since 2006 but now have run up against this problem. I've been using a cane and a scooter for the last several years but now have graduated (?) to a rollator (walker w/ seat). I would like to use my rollator to go from our resort to a theme park and then switch to a scooter. Are there storage areas in each park where I can park my rollator safely? Thanks.

Yes. My husband broke his foot at WDW a couple years ago so we got one of those knee walkers for him to use at the resort and to get to the parks, then rented an ECV at each park. When we rented the ECV each day they tagged our knee walker and gave us the claim tag and then stored it for us right at the same place we rented the ECV.

I agree just rent and use the scooter. I don't believe there are any storage areas that would work. You should be able to find an out of the way place and use a bike lock to secure it if that's your choice.

If you do rent at the parks, they will usually store such items at the rental location, but if you are going to need it every day, I would just rent from offsite, it will be much cheaper and you will be able to use it at the resort as well.

By the way, the disabilities section of the boards may be able to help you more.

My mother used a rollator but when we went to Disney we just rented a wheelchair from offsite. She'd use the rollator in the room but wheelchair when we went anywhere. Much less expensive and easier than renting at the parks each day we went.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts