"Stored" bags and not using RAC

sam_gordon

DIS Veteran
I don't know how often this comes into play now, since RAC services the majority of airlines, but...

It's not unusual if you're not using RAC to have baggage services at the resort "store" your bags the day of check out until it's time for you to go to the airport, correct?

You get to the airport and when checking your bags there, you are asked (at least you used to be asked) "Have your bags been out of your control since you packed them?"

Do you answer honestly?

I don't know how often this comes into play now, since RAC services the majority of airlines, but...

It's not unusual if you're not using RAC to have baggage services at the resort "store" your bags the day of check out until it's time for you to go to the airport, correct?

You get to the airport and when checking your bags there, you are asked (at least you used to be asked) "Have your bags been out of your control since you packed them?"

Do you answer honestly?

yes just say that you stored them with your hotel for the day they not going to give you a problem. you had control you choose to store them with a trusted place to watch them. not like you gave them to a stranger to watch them then they will have a problem. they mean has anyone put something in your bags that you didnt know about and has anyone messed with your bags.

Unlike for the flight, you may lock the bags before giving them to the bellhop.

Or you can look inside each one after tipping the bellhop as he hands the bags back to you.

Allow extra time to get back your stored bags as there could be a line at the bellhop desk. Not sure whether this is still true but at the All Stars there was a sign saying to allow 45 minutes.

Disney hints: http://www.cockam.com/magicx.htm

I have flown 6 times in the past 1 1/2 years and I have never been asked that question and those flights were form major airports (LAX, IAD, JFK) so I dont think they ask anymore:confused3

I have flown 6 times in the past 1 1/2 years and I have never been asked that question and those flights were form major airports (LAX, IAD, JFK) so I dont think they ask anymore:confused3

I fly a couple times a month and I havent been asked since 2008 so I wouldn't worry about being asked.

Agree with prior posters. The "out of your control" question seems to have gone the way of free blankets and pillows.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter