Stormalong Bay

We check in August 22 so I certainly hope so. And reasonably speaking it seems odd that they'd open both Yacht and Beach Club hotels without their premier attraction.

We check in August 22 so I certainly hope so. And reasonably speaking it seems odd that they'd open both Yacht and Beach Club hotels without their premier attraction.
I think the latest info to come out had Yacht Club opening on Aug 24 still, but Beach Club was no longer on the list. I’m slated to be there the 3rd week of September, so I’m really holding out hope.

I hold out hope that they will still open SAB on the August 24 once YC opens but understand the likelihood is decreased with BC being closed. If it's any consolation there are a couple of people on the BC/YC thread on the resorts boards that had reservations affected and were moved to YC from BC. They were told by cast members that SAB is scheduled to open on August 24 still but I take that with a grain of salt.

I hold out hope that they will still open SAB on the August 24 once YC opens but understand the likelihood is decreased with BC being closed. If it's any consolation there are a couple of people on the BC/YC thread on the resorts boards that had reservations affected and were moved to YC from BC. They were told by cast members that SAB is scheduled to open on August 24 still but I take that with a grain of salt.

I think with BWI staying closed, it is as likely they make the YC quiet pool available (since NBA will be out), and everyone can still hop to Luna.

I fear you're probably right and that's what I'm expecting, but I'm hoping to be pleasantly surprised.

I really hope that isn't the case. We will be there the second weekend in September. Fingers crossed it opens. I can see them doing a partial opening - maybe closing off the area with the sand and just keep the swimming areas open but no inner tubes for the lazy river. A wait and see as with most things now.

I really hope that isn't the case. We will be there the second weekend in September. Fingers crossed it opens. I can see them doing a partial opening - maybe closing off the area with the sand and just keep the swimming areas open but no inner tubes for the lazy river. A wait and see as with most things now.

Perhaps some of you who are checking in at the end of August or beginning of September can keep us updated. I assume they would make an announcement, but sometimes those things slip by quietly.

I definitely will. I check-in at BCV August 22. Yacht Club opens August 24 so we'll know for sure while I'm there.

We had BCV Labor Day Weekend. The quiet pools at the BC leave a lot to be desired. The main reason we moved from POLY to BC was for SAB. Decided to move to RIviera. Not going to risk SAB being closed.

For me SAB wasn't the only reason for moving. We have a large group and were originally in 3 studios at Poly. I saw BCV was available and decided to take a studio and a 2BD. Not only is it less points but it will be so nice to be in a 2BD. We have more HS and EP days planned then MK so the location will be better for us. That and I've only stayed one night at BCV in the past but have stayed several at Poly. Of course, I'm hoping SAB being open will be the cherry on top but even if it doesn't I'm still happy with the move. The subsequent announcement that the rest of Poly won't open until October made me feel even better about my choice.

The real problem with SAB opening is that it is generally staffed by College Program cast members. When are the CP's coming back?

Also, its conceivable that Disney would open SAB with just the Yacht Club and Beach Club Villa's open to maintain some social distancing. The pool area is usually jam packed with guests when the three resorts are full. Maybe, just maybe, they will open the pool shortly after the Yacht Club opens....We can only hope...

The real problem with SAB opening is that it is generally staffed by College Program cast members. When are the CP's coming back?

Also, its conceivable that Disney would open SAB with just the Yacht Club and Beach Club Villa's open to maintain some social distancing. The pool area is usually jam packed with guests when the three resorts are full. Maybe, just maybe, they will open the pool shortly after the Yacht Club opens....We can only hope...
My guess is that they won't let it get jammed full of people and will limit the number of guests permitted at the pool.

If you don’t mind my asking, what is the source of these rumors? I’m still slated to stay there the end of September, so I’m living for this type of news!

If you don’t mind my asking, what is the source of these rumors? I’m still slated to stay there the end of September, so I’m living for this type of news!
Yes, I'd like to know as well. We'll be there 8/24.

Read it on another couple of threads. I will try to find it again and post.... CM posted that they will be back at Y&B Sunday as a lifeguard.

Edit: Found it: https://www.disboards.com/threads/c...ates-due-to-coronavirus.3796390/post-62223196
https://www.disboards.com/threads/d...-on-page-1-post-1-13-14.3400342/post-62222490
Someone also reported that DVC has told members it will be opening prior to 8/24.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter