Stormalong Bay

This makes me happy that I held on to my BCV reservation instead of moving elsewhere. This will be our first time at the resort, so it would not have been the same at all to have SAB closed.

With earlier park closures and two non park days during our stay there in October this is great news!. Anyone know if the resort pools have been staying open until 11pm as usual? Also curious to see if lazy river section will be open since it's harder to social distance.

We moved our BWV to BCV for our Oct trip. We've never stayed at BCV, and hope to check it off our DVC list. Have 2 teens who are looking VERY forward to the pools. I don't love hanging out at the pool, but will for their sakes. I plan to just sit/relax. So, have a few questions about SAB. Are there a good amt of lifeguards stationed throughout? if the kids are using the slide, don't they have to exit for a bit, cross the walking path to get to it? and is the lazy river running, easy enough to social distance? Like I'm determining if I'll feel that they're safe enough if they are out of my line of sight for a bit, to experience all of the pool area?

Are there a good amt of lifeguards stationed throughout? There are several.
if the kids are using the slide, don't they have to exit for a bit, cross the walking path to get to it? Yes they do but it's really close and since you mentioned they're teens you'll be fine.
and is the lazy river running, easy enough to social distance? I never got close to anyone but the resort/pool were not crowded. I don't know if things will be different in October but with BC resort closed it will definitely help.
Like I'm determining if I'll feel that they're safe enough if they are out of my line of sight for a bit, to experience all of the pool area? That's a matter of personal preference. I felt completely safe allowing mine to do so.

We moved our BWV to BCV for our Oct trip. We've never stayed at BCV, and hope to check it off our DVC list. Have 2 teens who are looking VERY forward to the pools. I don't love hanging out at the pool, but will for their sakes. I plan to just sit/relax. So, have a few questions about SAB. Are there a good amt of lifeguards stationed throughout? if the kids are using the slide, don't they have to exit for a bit, cross the walking path to get to it? and is the lazy river running, easy enough to social distance? Like I'm determining if I'll feel that they're safe enough if they are out of my line of sight for a bit, to experience all of the pool area?
Teens who are good swimmers won't have a problem at SAB. It's the littler ones who think they are great swimmers who give you a heart attack when you can't see them. There are parts of the pool where the depth is 8 feet with a current.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter