Story Book Dining

sapphirerose915

DIS Veteran
Please give me your honest opinions...
What's good to eat and what's inedible?
How is the Character interaction??
Drinks???
We are on DDP so price doesnt matter
The menu seems to change so often idk what will be good in 4 months... but at least I can get an idea.

Reading menu it looks like I would get a stroll thru nature, DH the beef stew, and my then 4 yo DS will get chicken tenders... so any extra input on those menu items would be great!!

Thanks so much!!

Just was there tonight! The menu has been the same for at least several months now. My husband gets the pork shank each Time—our server said it’s the best item on the menu and it is very tasty. The queen Is the best character by far—she is fabulous!

Just was there tonight! The menu has been the same for at least several months now. My husband gets the pork shank each Time—our server said it’s the best item on the menu and it is very tasty. The queen Is the best character by far—she is fabulous!
Ohhh... the pork isnt on the menu online!! I read it was the best thing.. now its says glazed ham!!!!

The food is good. I got the pork shank and it was delicious. My family got the chicken and liked that as well. I think that it is similar to any character meal in that the characters are key and the food is part of the deal. This one is nice becasue it is not a buffet or AYCTE dining experience, and the cost is reasonable for the character interaction and dining choices. It is not a fine dining experience though, so keep that inmind if you book.

We ate there just a few weeks ago. I was all set to try the prime rib, but ended up trying the pork shank. The pork shank was very good. It's a shame if it has been removed from the menu.
We found the desserts to be "okay". They weren't anything really special, but they certainly weren't bad at all. We were also pretty full by the time dessert came around.
The character interaction was very good. We were visited by each character and we visited with the queen. We found the queen to be the most entertaining for us. She was very interactive and asked us a number of questions about the "birthday button" that one of us was wearing in our party. Have fun on your visit.

I got the roast chicken and it was great, as were the soup and shrimp appetizers. My eldest got the kids vegetarian steamed buns and cleaned his plate, youngest devoured his kids mac n cheese. We loved the poison apple and gooseberry tart desserts, I didn't even try the cake thing but my mom didn't like it. I got the brew of peaches cocktail and thought it was perfect, surprisingly strong and not too sweet at all.

First, worth the price of admission just to see the Queen. Best Disney character ever. So well done by her. Wow.

The meal is adorable and very cute. The only downside I could say is our prime ribs weren’t that great. When I read about the Pork Shank, we would go back for that but now it doesn’t sound like it’s there!!

All in all. Us 5 adults thought it was the best Disney character meal experience ever.

Husband and I both had the pork shank and it was delicious but my husband felt like he didn't have enough food-- he doesn't eat mushrooms (soup appetizers), isn't a fan of the shrimp, wasn't a fan of any of the appetizers or desserts, actually. If we didn't have the dining plan, I wouldn't have felt it was 'worth it'. It was neat meeting the characters. Also was the longest we have ever waited to be seated for an ADR at 6:10, so everyone was getting grouchy by that point (or should I say Grumpy? Hee hee).

We ate there in July and thought it was one of our best meals while there. Husband had the pork and I have the prime rib. The appetizers were fun and different. They bring out a kid version for the kids that is more kid friendly with carrots and ranch, grapes, cheese cubes etc. The meals were awesome---and the adult cocktails were great! The desserts were a fun way to end the meal, lots of options to choose from and we were stuffed from all the food. The characters were a ton of fun---entertained the kids while we were there. My oldest ordered the mac and cheese and didn't like it (he is a super picky eater---my younger son loved it for reference) and the server realized that he wasn't eating so offered to get him chicken tenders and fries instead which I thought was super nice and unexpected. I would definitely put this place back on my list to eat at again.

On a slightly different topic, does anyone know how they manage kids under 3 at this specific location? We will be on the dining plan.
I am expecting that she gets nothing unless we order off the menu, but I have read somewhere that a 2 year old received her own appetizers and desserts? Has anyone experienced this?
I really don’t mind sharing but I will just let her know she will need to share with us beforehand!

First, worth the price of admission just to see the Queen. Best Disney character ever. So well done by her. Wow.

The meal is adorable and very cute ... Us 5 adults thought it was the best Disney character meal experience ever.
Completely agree! Best character meal for us too ... food was plentiful and good. Our kids (8 & 6) enjoyed their meals, especially their appetizer with make-your-own-honey-butter. Beautiful setting. Queen was superb - I mentioned during the photo that my husband had a crush on her and she didn't miss a beat replying 'that's exactly how I like my men ... CRUSHED!!' We'd eaten at CRT two nights before and had a very rushed experience with only so-so food & brief interactions with princesses ... our experience at Story Book Dining was far superior and absolutely worth the $ in comparison.

I am excited to try this. I was sad cos I wanted to go to AP, since I had my wedding dinner there, but, I have bought a wicked queen t shirt, and booked an ADR, and am all set!
I mean I might recycle the t at the Villains after Hours as well, but, yeah, really looking forward to it.

My husband & I went just the two of us on Christmas Day. The food was very good. I have allergies so my appetizers & desert were served on a separate plate. Character interaction was fantastic. Grumpy made such fuss over my husband. Took pictures with each of us then gestured to the table next to us to take our picture together with him.

the evil queen was excellent! We had a nice chat about our skin care routines after I complemented her complexion. Said to her handler - “I like this one” we had a blast.

I do miss the Artist Point wine selection.

all in all enjoyable but unless they start accepting Tables in Wonderland it’s a once & done for us.

OP if you click on the link to my trip report and go to the last page you will see the whole meal and what we had.

we enjoyed it and would go again.

On a slightly different topic, does anyone know how they manage kids under 3 at this specific location? We will be on the dining plan.
I am expecting that she gets nothing unless we order off the menu, but I have read somewhere that a 2 year old received her own appetizers and desserts? Has anyone experienced this?
I really don’t mind sharing but I will just let her know she will need to share with us beforehand!
When we were there in June our 2 year old was given pasta. She could choose cheese, sauce or butter I believe. If we wanted a kids meal for her we would have had to pay for it. She wasn’t given any portions of the apps or desserts.

The pasta with cheese was pretty good and a nice sized portion. She enjoyed it. They give you a lot of food so it didn’t matter that she didn’t get her own apps and desserts; we had plenty to share.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter