Story Book Dining

The Queen!!!! We were there last July. I plan to go back simply to experience the queen again. The food was good, my family found that we each enjoyed some part of the meal more than the others. So it worked out great, I ate one appetizer, while my teenage son ate another part. Dessert was similar, I enjoyed the apple and he enjoyed the popcorn. My husband rarely finds foods that he dislikes. Everyone was happy!

I adored the Queen - one of our best character interactions. Grumpy was fantastic too - my DD has a shirt that says 'this is my happy face' and it's a picture of Grumpy being Grumpy and he loved it. Definitely the best interactions we've had with characters at a meal.

Everyone else's meal was fine. Mine was partially inedible. The gnocchi with asparagus was downright awful. They used the wrong end of the asparagus and didn't cook it. It was like eating wood and is by far the worst dish I've been served at any Disney restaurant.

That said, we are going back. I just won't order that dish since everyone else's meal was fine and I did enjoy the apps and desserts. I think it was probably an off night since I've seen that dish reviewed highly. I'm willing to give the place another chance since the character interaction was so good.

We went last week and I had low expectations, but we were all pleasantly surprised by how good everything was! I loved the mushroom bisque! I had the pork shank and my husband got the beef stew. Both were super good and I kept stealing his spaetzle. My 11 year old disney adult daughter got the salmon and my 9 year old got the kids chicken. They gave my 2 year old a bowl of pasta, all the apps and desserts, and milk for free. After the meal, my husband and I talked about how surprised we were by the food. We are not big character people, but that whole element was nice too. The queen was awesome and gave a great curdling stare to my husband. I would book this again.

Wanted to add, that we had so much food, we took leftovers back. I ate some of my husband's beef stew (aka beef spaetzle) cold and it was even really good cold. Even though my pork shank was fantastic, I liked my husband's beef stew so much, that I would order that next time. For drinks, I ordered Alchemy. It was strong. My daughter ordered in the clouds, which had cotton candy on top. The server told her to stir the candy and the drink, which she did and it changed the drink's color. However, I could tell by her face she was disappointed because she had wanted to eat the candy and it was dissolved in the drink. ha ha. Our service was top notch.

We went back in August and it was probably one of my favorite meals the entire trip. I got the Stroll Through Nature dish and it was really good. I really liked all the desserts as well. The apps weren't bad, but not amazing.

The atmosphere of the restaurant and the interaction with the Queen is worth it alone in my opinion.

I'm really excited to try this experience. The Queen is one of my favorites. Thanks for the feedback given.
Will plan for my next trip!

After all of the discussion, I booked another reservation for our June trip. We will be staying at the Contemporary. Our reservation is 8:40 (I wanted to get most out of MK park day). What time do the boats stop running between CR and WL? Or what are my transportation options besides Uber back to our resort?

I'll be there in a little over a week :yay:

Anyone know if the Queen is the same one that was at Club Villain?

Has anyone tried the ham since the menu has changed? How is it and how does it compare to the pork shank?

We ate there last trip and I booked it again for our summer trip. We enjoyed it. The character interactions were really fun.

On a slightly different topic, does anyone know how they manage kids under 3 at this specific location? We will be on the dining plan.
I am expecting that she gets nothing unless we order off the menu, but I have read somewhere that a 2 year old received her own appetizers and desserts? Has anyone experienced this?
I really don’t mind sharing but I will just let her know she will need to share with us beforehand!
We've been twice. The first time ( a few weeks after it opened), my 1-year-old was offered either grilled chicken or pasta free of charge. When we went back in September, we were told that policy had changed and that if we wanted food for her (she was 2), we'd have to pay the full-price kids meal. I explained that it was a little frustrating to have the policy changed without knowing it. Had we known, we would have fed her before dinner. We planned to just give her food off our plates, but then our server brought her out a bowl of pasta.

We've been twice. The first time ( a few weeks after it opened), my 1-year-old was offered either grilled chicken or pasta free of charge. When we went back in September, we were told that policy had changed and that if we wanted food for her (she was 2), we'd have to pay the full-price kids meal. I explained that it was a little frustrating to have the policy changed without knowing it. Had we known, we would have fed her before dinner. We planned to just give her food off our plates, but then our server brought her out a bowl of pasta.
Interesting. When we went in April my daughter was under 3 and she got a bowl of pasta, the appetizer of the veggies and they brought out dessert for her. Crazy it changed now

I am glad to know that the pork shank is back! We will be there for the first time in a few weeks. From all I have read and seen, this seems to be the one I would choose.

We were there in October and really enjoyed it. The Queen was phenomenal! We liked how different it was from any other character meal with the food presentation and character interaction.

Food got mixed reviews from our party. I’m not picky and enjoyed everything. I got the chicken entree and also really enjoyed the mushroom soup appetizer. H got the pork shank and really enjoyed it. Too bad if they took it off the menu. My dad got the fish and I don’t think he cared for it. I’m pretty sure he went to the food court and got an Uncrustable after we got back, lol! The kids got chicken and fries, which was nothing special, but that’s what I would expect/want for my one picky eater. But both kids absolutely loved their appetizer! Just the presentation and the fact it was just for them was fun.

We would go back just for the Queen, honestly. My dad was so impressed with her and he’s not really into the characters most of the time. Our table was close to her, so we got to watch her interact with everyone and it was a lot of fun.

We went in July last year and loved it enough to add it to our trip again this coming summer. We are vegetarian, so we had whatever the entree was - some kind of pasta. It was amazing, as were the appetizers and desserts. The hunters gift to the queen dessert was nothing special, but the presentation was pretty cool. Loved the gooseberry pie, which was a really great addition to the theme. Character interactions were great - especially the queen. I have anxiety about meeting face characters, so the mix of costumed and face was fun. Snow White was wonderful, but the queen has the opportunity to do some real cool and creative things with interactions and she delivered. A kid ran up and hugged her leg, and her face of disgust was so cartoonishly accurate and hilarious that I couldn't stop laughing. It is one of the single most memorable parts of my trip.

We were there in October and really enjoyed it. The Queen was phenomenal! We liked how different it was from any other character meal with the food presentation and character interaction.

Food got mixed reviews from our party. I’m not picky and enjoyed everything. I got the chicken entree and also really enjoyed the mushroom soup appetizer. H got the pork shank and really enjoyed it. Too bad if they took it off the menu. My dad got the fish and I don’t think he cared for it. I’m pretty sure he went to the food court and got an Uncrustable after we got back, lol! The kids got chicken and fries, which was nothing special, but that’s what I would expect/want for my one picky eater. But both kids absolutely loved their appetizer! Just the presentation and the fact it was just for them was fun.

We would go back just for the Queen, honestly. My dad was so impressed with her and he’s not really into the characters most of the time. Our table was close to her, so we got to watch her interact with everyone and it was a lot of fun.

I completely agree watching her interact with other guest was half of the fun. I just wish I could have heard what each said ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter