Stowaways onboard the 2016 EBPC - TR update 11/4, p.24

All caught up!

:jumping1: So happy for you that you got everything you wanted! Your excursions sound awesome. :thumbsup2 Thank goodness we'll have lots of time on our cruise in 2018 so you can tell us all about it. ::yes::

Thank you thank you thank you!!! I'm so excited! Like you I'm not sure which vacation I'm more excited about :hyper:

Keeping my fingers crossed you get Jose! He was A W E S O M E!!!!!!!!!! .... as was the assistant server so head. We were super jealous on the PC cruise.

He assured me he would be back working on the Wonder at that time so I'll be really disappointed if he's not. I told mom we must go and check first thing on embarkation day. He and Wynan were the best!

Oh, and btw - you forgot to mention that you got Halloween Party tickets for late August at WDW as well. :rotfl2:

You are so right! :cool1: :cool1: :cool1: August 25 here we come!!!

Day 9: At Sea

Today was Palo brunch day. While we were getting ready mom was watching the morning show. I had told her early on that we could go see it being taped but she had completely forgotten. She would like to go do that before the cruise had ended. Thank you to Flossbolna for that info.

Up to Palo on one of the few elevator rides of the cruise. We found Karin and Tom there but they weren’t in their dress up clothes. They had realized that morning that they had accidentally mixed up days and their Palo reservation was actually the day before. The wonderful Gonzolo said it wasn’t a problem at all and they could definitely have brunch this morning instead. So they quickly went to get changed and were back in a flash. We had Leo again as our server and he did the usual tour of the buffet. I didn’t feel like taking pictures of everything but if memory serves Karin did.

Mom and I don’t care for champagne so Leo had the bartender make us a special orange and passion fruit cocktail. We had two glasses each. It was liquid candy!

Brunch was extra special today. The food is always delicious but to share the meal with such fabulous company was truly the icing on the cake.

Mom’s plate of pastries and some cheese

I had a medley of appetizers. Everything was tasty, the fruit was perfect and the caprese salad so yummy. I think I overwhelmed my senses with so many cheese though.

Mom also had a tomato and goat cheese pizza. She couldn’t eat more than 2 pieces but said it was very good. I should have asked if they could do a gluten free pizza because they made that yummy garlic bread for dinner. I will ask next time.

Leo was able to have gluten free pancakes for me. I was surprised when a single pancake was presented but I was glad there wasn’t any more. It was not the best.

Desserts were the highlight of my meal. I had raspberry panna cotta, coffee panna cotta, and a mango cream thing. They were all so yummy and usually I don’t care for coffee but I ate every bit. I got mom her own because I wasn’t sharing! I’m pretty sure I had seconds of all three.

Mom had a raspberry panna cotta, a tiramisu, and a cannoli. She said the tiramisu and cannoli weren’t worthy and was too full to enjoy the raspberry panna cotta so I happily finished it for her.

Leo had overheard me saying I don’t care for chocolate covered strawberries and brought me strawberries with a side of chocolate. He was so sweet!

Fantastic meal completed we headed out. We were having so much fun time completely got away from us and we missed the Tritons Swim at 11:30. We confirmed we had dinner booked for Monday night before leaving. Karin and Tom guided us toward a hidden Mickey that we had never noticed before. I love all those Disney touches.

Then down to get an extra Daily Navigator for Alison and Fran. Karin was gathering a collection for them.

Mom and I ended up at a salsa class. We had seen all the dance classes in the navigator but hadn’t made it to one so when we saw it started at 1pm and it was currently 12:46 we headed that way. It was fun but I was completely hopeless. It seemed that most everyone there had been to the other classes and were used to how things were done. We had fun.

Then up to the room to change into bathing suits and head up into the sun. We watched Finding Nemo on the Funnel Vision while I caught up in the journal. After the rain the day before it was nice to have sun again.

After Finding Nemo they had Big Hero Six, another of our favorites and we watched that from start to finish.

We must have had some fries while watching

I had the drink of the day which was fantastic but I didn’t write down what it was. It looks like a Konk Kooler with raspberry puree.

We stopped in the room on the way to see the show of the evening, Buckets and Boards were doing their family show. We got there early enough to hear Peter, the cruise director, do his usual opening speech. He recaps the day and talks about the next. Tomorrow we’d be going through the Panama Canal!!! We were told we should probably get up early to see us go under the Bridge of the Americas. Also, the Beatles tribute band would be doing a special performance tonight up on the outer deck. Too cool! If you remember we thoroughly enjoyed their performance the other night in the main theater and would love to see them again.

I stopped and wanted to tell them how much we had enjoyed their show several years ago and how glad we were to see them again. I wasn’t looking for a photo but they insisted. The show was fantastic as usual.

Back to the room to get ready for dinner and found our towel animal of the evening.

Down to Tritons for dinner. We stopped by Karin and Tom’s table. They had already started eating or I would have asked them to join us. Turns out our tablemates were at Palo for dinner. Karin noticed we were on our own and came over. Mom and I much preferred our servers to theirs so when Karin asked if we’d join them I asked if it would be trouble for them to join us. Not at all! said Jose, and they brought Karin and Tom’s drinks and appetizers over to our table straight away. This would start a trend for the second week of the cruise but I’m getting ahead of myself.

Mom only had bread as her appetizer tonight

And I had another of my favorite tomato tartes

They had a rice pasta already on the menu tonight, a form of pad thai which was excellent

Mom had the same thing but without eggs

For dessert mom had her usual

And Jose found me one of the flourless chocolate cakes from the night before

Dinner was simple but delicious and all the better with our new tablemates.

We stopped by Karin and Tom’s cabin to collect Tom’s camera before going up to see the Beatles show.

There were lots of ships waiting to go through the canal in the morning. I tried to get some photos but the phone didn’t do the sight justice. I think Tom must have gotten some excellent photos on his good camera.

We watched the show from above and it was absolutely fabulous! Such fun and great music.

Peter got out on the dance floor and got a lot of other people out there too

It was such fun and an unexpected treat. We all stayed to the end and then said goodnight It would be an early morning and we’d all meet up together to watch us go under the bridge. While walking to the room we smelled smoke, cigarette smoke. They had specifically made an announcement several times that we were refueling and there was to be no smoking until another was made. We were shocked to smell the smoking and hoped nothing bad would happen.

Back to the room we watched Monster’s Inc. while falling asleep, it had been another excellent day.

Tomorrow, Panama Canal Day!

Last edited:
We found Karin and Tom there but they weren’t in their dress up clothes. They had realized that morning that they had accidentally mixed up days and their Palo reservation was actually the day before. The wonderful Gonzolo said it wasn’t a problem at all and they could definitely have brunch this morning instead.

Gonzolo was too nice after our plunder with mixing up the date. :rotfl2: And hope you remember our run in with the people from the social media group. :rotfl:

Leo had overheard me saying I don’t care for chocolate covered strawberries and brought me strawberries with a side of chocolate. He was so sweet!

He was so nice and attentive!

After Finding Nemo they had Big Hero Six, another of our favorites and we watched that from start to finish.

You DID see a lot of movies on that cruise - us, we ended up with only one. :laughing:

Karin noticed we were on our own and came over. Mom and I much preferred our servers to theirs so when Karin asked if we’d join them I asked if it would be trouble for them to join us. Not at all! said Jose, and they brought Karin and Tom’s drinks and appetizers over to our table straight away. This would start a trend for the second week of the cruise but I’m getting ahead of myself.

Best decision EVER! Loidon was not amused, but Tom and I could have cared less - so much more fun to dine with you two.

For dessert mom had her usual

That's 100% JJ!

We watched the show from above and it was absolutely fabulous! Such fun and great music.

They were really good and there was such a fun atmosphere during the show.

Gonzolo was too nice after our plunder with mixing up the date. :rotfl2: And hope you remember our run in with the people from the social media group. :rotfl:

I do! I wrote that we ran into them but didn't know how to write it without being rude :laughing:

He was so nice and attentive!

I hope we see him again. He's for sure my favorite on the Wonder and there's one we've had several times on the Fantasy I'd like to see again.

You DID see a lot of movies on that cruise - us, we ended up with only one. :laughing:

We definitely love movies! :teeth:

Best decision EVER! Loidon was not amused, but Tom and I could have cared less - so much more fun to dine with you two.

He came over and made a point to say this couldn't become a habit... But when he was serving us he didn't seem all that happy... So bizarre.

That's 100% JJ!

Yes! They make her happy!!!

They were really good and there was such a fun atmosphere during the show.

That was really cool they did another show. Such fun to spend it with you and Tom as well :)

Sounds like amother great and relaxing day!

Pickles and french fries????? I'm a purist and usually lime them unadulterated.

Glad you were able to switch your tablemates for the evening! So fun how many shows and movies you and your mom took in.

Sounds like amother great and relaxing day!

It was, so many days were absolutely perfect :love:

Pickles and french fries????? I'm a purist and usually lime them unadulterated.

I love pickles! And the burger bar is right next to where you get fries on the Wonder. Very convenient for pickles popcorn::

Glad you were able to switch your tablemates for the evening!

Us too! Much better company!!!

So fun how many shows and movies you and your mom took in.

Writing about it makes me realize how many. This was such a fabulous vacation.

Hi everyone :) I wanted to give an update on the Alaska/CA trip. Nothing earth shattering but I had to move things around with flights for the whole trip. As many of you know I usually leave my boys with my sister in law Melanie who still lives in Maryland. So, since I have moved to Florida I have driven back up to Maryland to leave the boys with her and fly to whatever vacation has happened. Only twice so far but worth it to me knowing the boys will be well taken care of by someone they already trust. Well, her and my brother have found an apartment and are finally going to be able to have their cat with them. No problem, the boys are fine with cats. BUT, the new place does not have a fenced in yard, AND is close to Baltimore. Baltimore has a bad reputation for people stealing animals. Several of my patients had their animals stolen out of their own yards. I'm not going to drive them up to Maryland to be in an unsafe place. Unfortunately I had already bought all the airfare leaving and going back to Maryland so I had to change everything. Well, of course everything is now more expensive because I bought tickets when they first came out. The first plan was as follows

August 30-Sept. 1 drive to Maryland
Sept. 2 - fly to Seattle, get there by noon, take a bus up to Vancouver to get there by 8pm

September 21 - fly from Orange County back to Maryland
September 22-25 visit with family
September 26-27 drive back to Florida

First good thing was that all flights had been booked with Southwest and able to be cancelled without penalty, the money just sits in my Southwest account. Second good thing was that I had not booked the Amtrak tickets at all. I had originally been wanting to take the train up to Vancouver but due to their time schedule we decided a bus would get us there at a better time. Now we don't have to worry about that at all.

That left finding flights from Orlando or Tampa and the flights to Seattle from both airports was outrageous. If I could have kept the original plan of flying into Seattle I would have just done that and it wouldn't have had to change that much. But the prices were much more, and times were bad. I tried checking if we could leave the day before, but the prices were almost triple. Ok, what other airlines can we use? problem was I had about $800 tied up with Southwest and some of it would expire before I needed more airfare. What to do what to do??? Well, the flight from Orange County was still a good price to Tampa, and only $20 more per person than I had originally paid, and left only an hour before the first flight. Ok, $400 used with Southwest and a good flight home. I could also use the same car reservation I had booked so I didn't need to change that. Excellent. That still left getting to Vancouver. So I started looking at flights going directly to Vancouver instead of going to Seattle. Well, United was the cheapest. We have all heard about the problems with United by now I'm sure. I looked at every single airline that flies into Vancouver. Nothing was close to the United price of $202 per person. Ugh. I talked to mom and she said just go for it. I waited several days and the flight I was wanting that left at 9:30am went up to $252. I just went ahead and booked the next flight that leaves at 2:20pm. Can't go back now, United does not give back your money... It is not a direct flight, but we don't have to stop in Seattle, we don't have to collect our bags and schlep them to the bus station, and we don't have to bother about taking a bus at all. There is only one stop and that's a 3 1/2 hour stop in Chicago, but that also means we don't have to rush off the plane to get to the connecting flight. Another problem is the airport is a considerable amount of distance away from the bus station we were originally going to be arriving in and close to where I had booked the Airbnb. So I decided to look at rental cars for the two days and it is only $68. I'm thinking a taxi would be pretty close to that anyway and now we don't have to bother with one. Whew! transportation all booked and hopefully the flight won't be too bad.

Now, back to what prompted this whole leaving from Maryland in the first place, the boys. Now I have to find someone to take care of them for me down here. That created a whole other level of stress. I asked friends that also have animals and would know good people/places. Two options were presented, someone who house sits and also takes care of animals or a very good kennel. Well I was first leaning towards the housesitter but then thought about what would happen if they couldn't get to the house and the boys would be there all alone. Not good thoughts. I'm going to go with the kennel. It's going to be more expensive but knowing they'll be somewhere safe and with someone who my friend has trusted with her dogs for many years is a great comfort. I'm going to go visit the place Friday to make sure it's ok.

I was able to use some of the leftover $400 with Southwest to fly mom down to Florida the week before our trip because we're going to see Karin and Tom during their vacation :cool1: I also booked two nights at the Poly so we don't have to drive back home after MNNSHP we have booked on August 25 party: Very excited and everything is falling into place nicely.

The new Alaska/CA plans are as follows:

Sept. 1 - have the day off
Sept. 2 - take the boys to the kennel in the morning, flight to Vancouver from Tampa, 2:20pm-10:10pm

Sept. 21 - fly from Orange County to Tampa, 12:50pm - 11:15pm. 45 minute drive home, pick up the boys in the morning.

Do you see what's missing? a 15+ drive back and forth to Maryland :yay::yay::yay:

Bonus plans

August 23 mom flies down
August 24-27 spend with Karin and Tom
August 25 first MNNSHP of the season, mom's first Halloween party
August 25-27 deluxe studio at the Poly, first time either of us have stayed at the Poly

To say we're excited is the understatement of the century :hyper:

Last edited:

I love how it all worked out - even though I had to read parts of it twice so I would be sure to understand :rotfl2:.

Love the part where you spend time with friends ......... uh, oh, that is US! :rotfl:Can't wait and have started in depth planning for our days together. I hope Brown Derby Lounge is still on ..... and we have paid off the Grand today - Tom's CC is bleeding. ;)

August cannot come soon enough!

I love how it all worked out - even though I had to read parts of it twice so I would be sure to understand :rotfl2:.

I've spent the last 20 minutes reading and editing it to make sure it made sense :laughing:

Love the part where you spend time with friends ......... uh, oh, that is US! :rotfl:

YAY!!!!! :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

Can't wait and have started in depth planning for our days together. I hope Brown Derby Lounge is still on .....

Absolutely! Everything you want to do we'll be happy to do, just so excited to be spending time with you :hug: I requested Sunday off as well, so don't need to race home, but at some point need to go collect the boys from the kennel, probably should head out around 2. Is the Brown Derby for Thursday? we can be there early, I'll have a friend stop by and check on the boys in the middle of the day. You just tell me when we need to be somewhere and we'll be there.

and we have paid off the Grand today - Tom's CC is bleeding. ;)

party: (not about the CC of course)

August cannot come soon enough!

Totally agree!!!!!

I am all caught up again.

I forgot to say that last night mom had asked our head server if we could have rice crispy treats that they gave out at the CC reception since we had missed it. It was a long shot but why not ask. When we were back in the room we had an unexpected knock on the door and a kindly CM presented us with these beauties.

That is really nice that they were able to do this for you.

That looks amazing. What a shame that somebody messed up your view though.

Hercules started on the Funnel Vision right after so we stayed and watched for a bit.

I have never watched this even though one of the songs from this movie is one of my favourite Disney songs.

I had the drink of the day, the Minnie Mango Pango, it was so good.

This looks amazing.

Mom started with the truffle pursiettes, she loved them. These are hit or miss for her, sometimes they’re too salty but today they were just right.

I am glad that she enjoyed it.

I had the tomato tarte on gluten free crust, so good!

That looks amazing and actually better than the standard version. It is nice that they are able to modify dishes on the menu.

Signature obtained from the lovely captain we headed towards lunch, only to be waylaid by a CM offering a special Aulani Stitch pin if we went in to the DVC meeting. We couldn’t resist the pin!

I really love this pin. It was definitely worth the detour.

And I had strawberry icecream

I am not normally a big fan of strawberry ice cream, but this looks delicious.

hen down to the room and the magnets went right on the door, they’re the ones on the top

The magnets and your door in general look great.

I decided I was in the mood for a milkshake and they were happy to make me one. Only problem is they didn’t use any ice, just icecream mix, and it was way too rich. But it was also way too expensive to throw away so I sipped on it for what felt like hours…

This seems to be a strange way to make a milk shake.

After it had arrived and I had taken a bite Jose checked to make sure I was ok to eat pork products because the sauce was made with pork. If I know that it does I prefer not to eat it. I know I can’t control everything and have probably had several if not many things made with animal products, but if I know that it’s there I prefer not to eat it. Jose was kind enough to bring me plain pasta with butter to accompany the fish. It was cooked perfectly and very tasty.

That is great that he picked up on a potential issue and was able to rectify it. He sounds like a keeper.

Some exciting news to share. The Alaska cruise is now paid in full :cool1: unfortunately I can't book anything until May 22... We have all the excursions chosen and I'll post them as soon I book them. I don't want to jinx myself and they're all booked up.

The repositioning cruise isn't due to be paid in full until June 28 and there's no need to pay that early because we're not planning on getting off the ship. But as I write that I forgot about Palo. Hmmm, I will have to dwell on these things.

You have some great stuff to look forward to.

I am very excited to say that today was finally the day to book things for our Alaska cruise and I was able to get our first choices! :cool1:

Congratulations on getting all the excursions you wanted.

For Skagway we'll be doing an excursion only available in August and September called Evening Wildlife Expedition. It is 6-6.5 hours and starts off with a 45 minute catamaran ride down a glacial fjord, then a bus ride to the Chilkoot River Valley where we will *hopefully* see brown bears and cubs hunting salmon while the sun sets. They can't guarantee the bear sightings but I'm hopeful since they only have this excursion later in the season.

That sounds great.

In Ketchikan we'll be very adventurous and do the Mountain Point Snorkeling Adventure. Corinna and Graham had done this and it was super high on my list whenever we got to Alaska. Fortunately mom also finds it intriguing. We'll see undersea creatures and plants that are unique to cold waters. We've only ever snorkeled or dove in warm water so this will be totally different. They provide thick wetsuits to keep you warm. I'm sure it will still be cold, we'll see.

It really is amazing. It felt very cold when we first got in, but we were fine after this. Incidentally, the only bear we saw was just outside the dive shop when we were waiting to get back on the bus.

They had realized that morning that they had accidentally mixed up days and their Palo reservation was actually the day before. The wonderful Gonzolo said it wasn’t a problem at all and they could definitely have brunch this morning instead.

That is wonderful that they managed to sort this out.

Mom and I don’t care for champagne so Leo had the bartender make us a special orange and passion fruit cocktail. We had two glasses each. It was liquid candy!

That is a really nice touch that they were able to substitute something you enjoyed.

I was surprised when a single pancake was presented but I was glad there wasn’t any more. It was not the best.

What a shame that this was not good.

That is what I call service.

Tomorrow we’d be going through the Panama Canal!!! We were told we should probably get up early to see us go under the Bridge of the Americas.

I took a double-take at this. I am so used that the Bridge of the Americas is the last part of the crossing.

They had a rice pasta already on the menu tonight, a form of pad thai which was excellent

This looks delicious.

While walking to the room we smelled smoke, cigarette smoke. They had specifically made an announcement several times that we were refueling and there was to be no smoking until another was made. We were shocked to smell the smoking and hoped nothing bad would happen.

I despair of people who think rules don't apply to them. It is even worse when here is such a important reason for the rule.

I was able to use some of the leftover $400 with Southwest to fly mom down to Florida the week before our trip because we're going to see Karin and Tom during their vacation :cool1: I also booked two nights at the Poly so we don't have to drive back home after MNNSHP we have booked on August 25 party: Very excited and everything is falling into place nicely.

I am glad that this all worked out.

Bonus plans

August 23 mom flies down
August 24-27 spend with Karin and Tom
August 25 first MNNSHP of the season, mom's first Halloween party
August 25-27 deluxe studio at the Poly, first time either of us have stayed at the Poly

That sounds great.

Corinna

I am all caught up again.

Welcome back :wave:

That is really nice that they were able to do this for you.

I was a little embarrassed mom asked for them but was very impressed when they remembered. It never hurts to ask.

That looks amazing. What a shame that somebody messed up your view though.

The parents in this family were so weird. The kids actually had some manners and were really sweet rescuing my hat one day, but the parents kept confusing me.

I have never watched this even though one of the songs from this movie is one of my favourite Disney songs.

I really like this movie but haven't seen it beginning to end in so long. Mom doesn't really like it and tends to encourage us to go somewhere else whenever it's playing :laughing: There are some great songs in it too.

This looks amazing.

All those drinks of the day were so yummy.

That looks amazing and actually better than the standard version. It is nice that they are able to modify dishes on the menu.

Each cruise I learn more and more things they can do special. I can't remember was it this one or the one previous that I found out they had gluten free donuts. They are to die for! Nothing like the Krispy Kremes of course, more a cake donut, but so good. And this tomato tarte is so yummy.

I really love this pin. It was definitely worth the detour.

I can't remember if I ever told you mom's favorite character is Stitch as well.

I am not normally a big fan of strawberry ice cream, but this looks delicious.

That's one of my favorite flavors.

The magnets and your door in general look great.

Thank you :) I tend to use the same ones over and over, it's fun to see them again on the next cruise.

This seems to be a strange way to make a milk shake.

I will not be repeating this purchase.

That is great that he picked up on a potential issue and was able to rectify it. He sounds like a keeper.

He was amazing. I really hope he's on the Wonder for Alaska like he said he was going to be. Anything can happen of course, but he was hands down the best server we've had.

You have some great stuff to look forward to.

We're so excited :hyper:

Congratulations on getting all the excursions you wanted.

Thank you :) The stress of waiting to book them is too much. I was very glad when that was over, but I did have second choices for each port if they were needed.

That sounds great.

I need to look at the weather and see what clothes I'm supposed to take. Being out on the water makes me think we'll be cold. I hope we see bears.

It really is amazing. It felt very cold when we first got in, but we were fine after this. Incidentally, the only bear we saw was just outside the dive shop when we were waiting to get back on the bus.

How close were you to the bear? :scared:

Ever since reading about your excursion I've wanted to do this, I'm so excited mom wanted to as well.

That is wonderful that they managed to sort this out.

Gonzolo was fantastic, very gracious, everything was possible.

That is a really nice touch that they were able to substitute something you enjoyed.

They've never done this before, it was so lovely.

What a shame that this was not good.

I make better pancakes from a box recipe. I have learned my lessen though, and will let them know the day before that I'm coming and they may be better prepared.

That is what I call service.

They just appeared out of nowhere, such a sweetie!

I took a double-take at this. I am so used that the Bridge of the Americas is the last part of the crossing.

I think I might like the west bound itinerary better in that you gain time instead of losing it. I'm hoping we can go again.

I despair of people who think rules don't apply to them. It is even worse when here is such a important reason for the rule.

We both did a double smell, who in the world would risk smoking when we were refueling???

I am glad that this all worked out.

Thanks you :) it took so long checking all the options and what would work best.

That sounds great.

Corinna

Lots to look forward to, we're so excited :cool1:

I can't remember if I ever told you mom's favorite character is Stitch as well.

`no, you have not, but I have kind of gathered that this may be the case.

How close were you to the bear? :scared:

About 50 yards. Close enough to get a good look, but far enough away that I did not feel worried about its presence.

I think I might like the west bound itinerary better in that you gain time instead of losing it. I'm hoping we can go again.

Yes, I came to realise this on our last cruise where I lost a lot of hours. Before, we have for the most part gained hours.

Corinna

no, you have not, but I have kind of gathered that this may be the case.

He's an irresistible character that's for sure!

`
About 50 yards. Close enough to get a good look, but far enough away that I did not feel worried about its presence.

Very cool.

`
Yes, I came to realise this on our last cruise where I lost a lot of hours. Before, we have for the most part gained hours.

Corinna

I didn't even think about all those time changes you'd be going through.

I’ve been putting off writing this update because I found I took over 500 pictures :faint: I’m going to attempt to not post too many of the same ones. It was just such an amazing day, I wanted to capture everything. It’s taken me several hours to go through them all and figure out which ones are duplicates. I had downloaded mom’s pictures as well and it seems we were on different time stamps. So if anything seems out of order I apologize in advance.

Day 10, Panama Canal Day!

We were due to go under the Bridge of the Americas by 6:40 so we woke up early. Mom went upstairs to find a spot to watch with Karin and Tom and I followed a little later. I was late leaving but we were behind schedule so I was glad not to miss it.

All throughout the day there was an announcer describing what was happening and interesting facts. I thought it was a nice touch.

Mom got all these before I got upstairs

It was very windy

My camera did the foggy up thing while I found them

There were lots of people up

They had a nice set up of beverages and pastries for people

Somebody was filming already

It was quite beautiful

I thought this tree was too cool

Last edited:
The remains of an old something

I thought this buoy was wonderful

I must be looking backward now

This made me think of an old haunted ship

Looks like lots more construction going on

We were excited to see the first locks!

This ship was monstrous!

This child looked to be sitting in a very precarious position…

I’m thinking this was the point Karin, mom, and I decided to go see the view from the back, we went to the secret deck down on 7. Tom wanted to stay upfront

I thought it was neat they had what was happening on the funnel vision

If memory serves we had the secret deck all to ourselves

It was a really neat perspective and I’m so glad we went down there

I think this thing became a bridge and cars could go over

This pelican was just relaxing

I was amused that as much as they see ships go through they still took a picture of us

The whole filling up of the locks fascinated me to no end

And then we were on our way again

They had a big visitor center and lots of people were watching today. Maybe everyday.

The mules were there to guide us through each lock

Karin, are these your fingers?

These doors are HUGE!

It was fun to catch the photography girls. They had been let off the ship to take pictures of us during the crossing. They could have taken a lot more pictures but that’s getting ahead of myself.

This tree was so pretty

You can see the doors starting to close behind us

I was convinced this was a huge sea monster, I couldn’t quite see what it was so tried to zoom as far as I could with the camera and didn’t see it was just green stuff until getting home

At 10:35 we were through the first locks and had a little time before the next ones so we went in search of some food. I think Karin went back to her room and we’d meet up later.

Mom had a veggie burger and fries

And I had fries and a pizza. They have to make a whole pizza since I need the gluten free crust

We stayed up eating too long and actually missed the second locks. We could see them from where we were sitting but I didn't get good photos.

After food we went in search of a nice place to enjoy the view

Last edited:

It amuses me that mom and I both took a similar picture of this bridge with the man in it as well

Mom wanted to get some photos from the front but the wind was way too ferocious for me. I actually went back to the room to cool down, it was SOOOOO HOT! I let the camera charge for a bit and cooled down before going back to find mom. She was still at the bow.

She's so cute!

I was not paying enough attention to the commentary but this big crane cost an enormous amount of money, only a handful of them were ever made, and one sank somewhere in the world. I need to look up the particulars.

Looks like they have to reinforce some of the walls

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter