Stowaways onboard the 2016 EBPC - TR update 11/4, p.24

Looks like the entertainment crew was having a photo shoot, it was cute

We ended up in BBB because mom wanted some watermelon and I needed some water. We ended up having a huge lunch... We both had way too much since we had recently eaten.

Mom had half a crepe

and veggies

and the magnificent toffee pudding only because she knew how magnificent it was

my salmon was so dry it wasn't worth eating, but the coleslaw was good

we both had some watermelon

mom had a veggie burger and lots of mango salsa, it was as good as she remembered

I managed to scrape off most of the crust of the cheesecake but won't be doing this in future cruises, it's too easy to miss some crust.

but the pudding was really good

After eating we stopped in at the room for a break and then went down to the Promenade Deck for a different view.

I'm going to pause here because there's still plenty of the day. It might not seem like it but I have really cut down on the photos.

Last edited:
After seeing your pictures of going through the locks it makes me even more sad that we had to cancel our cruise. :sad2:

Those container ships are really huge. You don't realize it when you're looking at them, but when the containers pass you on the freeway and you see how big they are and then you multiply it for ships stacking them 5-7 containers high, it's just mind blowing!

Evidently that secret verandah on Deck 7 is gone now. but our cabin was only one verandah away from it, so we could have had a pretty similar view from our cabin.

I totally believe you that you edited the number of pictures that you took, it's easy to get carried away when digital pictures don't cost anything and everything looks so cool!

After seeing your pictures of going through the locks it makes me even more sad that we had to cancel our cruise. :sad2:

I'm so sorry. I was thinking about you while writing it. Hopefully you can rebook sooner rather than later.

Those container ships are really huge. You don't realize it when you're looking at them, but when the containers pass you on the freeway and you see how big they are and then you multiply it for ships stacking them 5-7 containers high, it's just mind blowing!

They're monstrous! I really can't wrap my head around how big they are.

Evidently that secret verandah on Deck 7 is gone now. but our cabin was only one verandah away from it, so we could have had a pretty similar view from our cabin.

The secret deck is gone??? What did they do with it? How bizarre.

This is one cruise that having a verandah would really make a difference. I had to go the cheap route though or we couldn't have gone.

I totally believe you that you edited the number of pictures that you took, it's easy to get carried away when digital pictures don't cost anything and everything looks so cool!

I'm so glad we don't have to worry about film anymore. I don't want to think how much I would have gone through! On the other hand there were so many I took that I kept saying 'why did I take a picture of that' :laughing:

I’ve been putting off writing this update because I found I took over 500 pictures

I know that feeling. Fortunately this time round I don't have quite so many photos for a single day.

I had downloaded mom’s pictures as well and it seems we were on different time stamps.

I am dreading this part when I am starting to download all of our photos tomorrow.

My camera did the foggy up thing while I found them

We always had that issue as well.

They had a nice set up of beverages and pastries for people

I always think that this a nice touch.

Looks like lots more construction going on

I am surprised that there was still so much construction going on.

We stayed up eating too long and actually missed the second locks. We could see them from where we were sitting but I didn't get good photos.

Those locks are actually my favourite as the area around it is so pretty and green.

If they did the same that they did on the Magic, they put a backup generator in this space.

Corinna

I know that feeling. Fortunately this time round I don't have quite so many photos for a single day.

I hope I don't do this too often, it was way too many photos to wade through.

I am dreading this part when I am starting to download all of our photos tomorrow.

I don't know how it happened, unless I didn't check the camera before taking pictures to make sure it was the right time? That was probably it.

We always had that issue as well.

I always forget about it.

I always think that this a nice touch.

It really was. They are so thoughtful.

I am surprised that there was still so much construction going on.

I'm curious what they were doing because the other locks are complete.

Those locks are actually my favourite as the area around it is so pretty and green.

Next time I won't miss them.

If they did the same that they did on the Magic, they put a backup generator in this space.

Corinna

That's a shame, its such a nice area. I guess a back up generator is important though.

I'm so sorry. I was thinking about you while writing it. Hopefully you can rebook sooner rather than later.

Yeah, this time I'm going to try and stash away money in a vacation fund....

They're monstrous! I really can't wrap my head around how big they are.

When you see the Queen Mary you'll be right there at the Port of Long Beach, we see those huge ships all the time and those containers are stacked up all over the port area, it's so deceiving how large they are!

This is one cruise that having a verandah would really make a difference. I had to go the cheap route though or we couldn't have gone.

I'm not sure what they did with it, but on the thread about the Wonder and what refurbishments would happen that was one of the speculations that would change.

I'm so glad we don't have to worry about film anymore. I don't want to think how much I would have gone through! On the other hand there were so many I took that I kept saying 'why did I take a picture of that' :laughing:

Can you imagine having to carry that many rolls of film on board the ship? :lmao:

First of all... I loved all of the pictures! I really want to do this cruise someday. It's on a must-do list for me!

Sept. 21 - fly from Orange County to Tampa, 12:50pm - 11:15pm. 45 minute drive home, pick up the boys in the morning.

Also, how did I not know you were this close to Tampa? I'm around 30-45 min from the airport too! :wave2:

I was convinced this was a huge sea monster, I couldn’t quite see what it was so tried to zoom as far as I could with the camera and didn’t see it was just green stuff until getting home

Maybe it is a sea monster... that just happens to look like green stuff! :rolleyes1

Yeah, this time I'm going to try and stash away money in a vacation fund....

I really need to do that for our trip next year. I just never remember or feel like it.

When you see the Queen Mary you'll be right there at the Port of Long Beach, we see those huge ships all the time and those containers are stacked up all over the port area, it's so deceiving how large they are!

They kept saying they could fit thousands of those containers on them. I still don't believe it. I count them and there's not thousands...

I'm not sure what they did with it, but on the thread about the Wonder and what refurbishments would happen that was one of the speculations that would change.

I'm excited and nervous to see all the changes. It will be good we won't have been on another ship inbetween, only to have firm memories of how it was.

Can you imagine having to carry that many rolls of film on board the ship? :lmao:

Too much money! Let alone space in the suitcase.

Just found this TR yesterday and am all caught up, really enjoying following along. I really want to do a Panama Canal cruise one day and I would love to do a DCL one for it. I have been on quite a few cruises but I haven't been on DCL yet, although I Really want to. Can't wait to see more!

Your August/September plans look really great too!

First of all... I loved all of the pictures! I really want to do this cruise someday. It's on a must-do list for me!

Its an amazing experience, quite awe inspiring how they made the canal. Its on our list to do again.

Also, how did I not know you were this close to Tampa? I'm around 30-45 min from the airport too! :wave2:

Howdy neighbor! :wave2: I'm straight north from Tampa in Brooksville. We shall have to meet up one of these days. I'm heading to AK on Sunday, so excited to have gotten an FP for the Navi river cruise ride.

Maybe it is a sea monster... that just happens to look like green stuff! :rolleyes1

:laughing: that made me laugh out loud!!!! And I like the way you think!

Just found this TR yesterday and am all caught up, really enjoying following along. I really want to do a Panama Canal cruise one day and I would love to do a DCL one for it. I have been on quite a few cruises but I haven't been on DCL yet, although I Really want to. Can't wait to see more!

Your August/September plans look really great too!

:welcome: And thanks for reading :)

I can't tell you how many people I've met that once they've tried DCL they haven't gone back. Only exception is a friend on here who has tried RC and loves it.

This cruise was absolutely amazing, I hope you can do one.

Thank you about the Sept/Aug plans. Less than three months to go :cool1: its the only thing getting me through work these days.

On a totally seperate note, I was able to snag Jambo House club level for 3 nights next Mothers Day :cool1: at 7 months I'll book Vero Beach to complete the getaway. I went ahead and booked it without asking mom, and when I told her she was thrilled.

On a totally seperate note, I was able to snag Jambo House club level for 3 nights next Mothers Day :cool1: at 7 months I'll book Vero Beach to complete the getaway. I went ahead and booked it without asking mom, and when I told her she was thrilled.

That sounds like an amazing trip. Well done for getting the club level.

Corinna

Good for you! That sounds like a fun trip!

I am months and months behind in reading trip reports but I wanted to reply before I forgot what I wanted to say.

I am very excited to say that today was finally the day to book things for our Alaska cruise and I was able to get our first choices! :cool1:

We'll do Palo brunch at 11am the first sea day, which is the first full day of the cruise. This way we're guaranteed to be super hungry popcorn::
Great idea. We tend to end up with Palo late in the cruise and I am always, already, too full to enjoy myself.

Skagway we'll be doing an excursion only available in August and September called Evening Wildlife Expedition. It is 6-6.5 hours and starts off with a 45 minute catamaran ride down a glacial fjord, then a bus ride to the Chilkoot River Valley where we will *hopefully* see brown bears and cubs hunting salmon while the sun sets

What fun! I hope you see bears. So far we have seen only one per Alaska trip, and always in the distance.

Ketchikan we'll be very adventurous and do the Mountain Point Snorkeling Adventure.

Brrrr, sounds cold. Can't wait to see the photos.

booked the back to back repositioning cruise after the Alaska cruise since it is the last cruise of the season. I figured it was perfect timing and will allow us to recover from being busy on the Alaska cruise

Wonderful idea. We are from the east coast and did the CA coast cruise from San Diego up to Vancouver before the Alaska. It sounded like a good idea when we planned it but in reality, Rob and I were so exhausted from events preceding our vacation that we spent the "CA coast" cruise just trying to find our energy. Luckily by the time we hit Vancouver and the Alaska cruise we had found our energy.

Kate B.

I am months and months behind in reading trip reports but I wanted to reply before I forgot what I wanted to say.

No worries! I've been very slow updating on here. It seems to be one thing after the other.

Great idea. We tend to end up with Palo late in the cruise and I am always, already, too full to enjoy myself.

Yes! Exactly how we are. Mom more than me for brunch, and me more than mom for dinner. I still need to book dinner though.

What fun! I hope you see bears. So far we have seen only one per Alaska trip, and always in the distance.

I'm not getting lots of confirmations of bear sightings. I hope hope hope they're there fishing. If not it should still be a very nice excursion.

Brrrr, sounds cold. Can't wait to see the photos.

I don't know how I'll take photos in that super cold water??? I need to look into this!

Wonderful idea. We are from the east coast and did the CA coast cruise from San Diego up to Vancouver before the Alaska. It sounded like a good idea when we planned it but in reality, Rob and I were so exhausted from events preceding our vacation that we spent the "CA coast" cruise just trying to find our energy. Luckily by the time we hit Vancouver and the Alaska cruise we had found our energy.

Kate B.

Oh what a bummer! We're from the east coast too. But, glad you found your energy before Alaska and that you had that time on the first cruise.

I left off with us on Panama Canal day, we had just had what amounted to a second lunch in BBB. We took some glasses of the very tasty orange/passion fruit juice that they put out on select days. It was soooo good! We stopped in the room on the way to the Promenade Deck so we could see from a different perspective.

I didn’t realize mom was taking a picture of me

And of course the stowaways

We were getting to the last locks

Kermit had made his way onboard as well. I forgot to mention that in the morning, when we had left the bow to go to the secret deck mom forgot her backpack. Thankfully it was right where she left it and easily retrieved.

There wasn’t much room between the sides

I thought it was so cool to see the different levels of water

The CMs were back taking photos of people. They had such an opportunity to get pictures of everybody watching and we were not impressed with the ones they got of us. We would have bought them if they had been semi good.

We headed back to the secret deck to watch us going through the last locks

And then we were in

And the mules were back

Mom does have a bathing suit on

I thought all the details were so cool, especially considering how long ago they had made the locks

We could see evidence of scrapes and we did actually feel that we hit the wall at one point.

I would like to know what they’d use this for, looks like something you’d hook a rope on

Last edited:

And all too soon we were out

Mom saw this lump on the bank and insisted it was alligator. I zoomed as much as I could and she was right! I don’t know why we didn’t have our binoculars with us, they would have helped.

We headed to the bow to watch us sail into open water

The new locks over on the other side

Looks like a huge construction project going on

People were having fun playing

At 4:45 we headed back to the room for a mini break. Pete’s Dragon was the show for the night which was excellent because it was still on our list to see. We headed down at 5:27, I think we were a few minutes late because we were watching The Princess and the Frog in the room and I had a hard time dragging mom away from the TV.

We both loved the movie, it actually brought me to tears. I thought it was very well done.

We had a bit of time until dinner and wandered around for a bit. We found Sully and got in line. Peter was out with an Alien and was happy to pose with a little friend.

The main mice were upstairs dancing to the music and looking cute as ever

Finally it was our turn with Sully and he was great

I wanted to look at the bracelets in the shops and almost got one but resisted. I’m glad I did after my shopping spree the next day, but I still think of that bracelet.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter