strategy for multiple race registrations

Wendysofftoneverland

DIS Veteran
It's stressful enough trying to register myself, but now the whole family wants in on the runDisney fun and I'm not quite sure how to proceed for Disneyland Halloween run registration day. Overall, we are trying to get 2 5Ks, a 10K, a half, and 2 kids runs. I'm guessing I probably shouldn't try to register everyone at once, so I guess I should have my husband register himself for the 10K while I register me and the kids for our runs. We have to either get 2 5Ks or none, since one will be for an 8 year old. But its hard to say if the 5K is the priority, because meanwhile, my 5 year old has never done a kids race before, and if I do the half I can get the coast to coast medal. Do I: do the 2 5K registrations and then go back in for the half and kids races, do the half and kids race registrations (signing my 8 year old up for a kids race) to make sure everyone at least gets to do 1 run, or do the 5K registrations with the kids races and hope the half is still open for me to go back in and register so I can get the coast to coast? Is it just asking for issues if I try to just do 1 transaction for 5 races for me and the kids?

As it seems you may know, the races you select during the registration process are not secured until you pay for them. So it's a definite gamble to try and do 5 races at once. Splitting the process up with your DH doing the 10k is wise. Beyond that, you have to decide what your priority is for the family. The 5k is likely to go first, if past history for RD races is a guide (caveat that this DL weekend is slightly unknown). Here's what happened with the recent DL race. (From the very excellent reference thread here)

2024 (*First race weekend in Disneyland since 2017)
Start (link)
Queue Delayed until 10:15am ET (link)
Wait times posted at 10:21am ET *Marking this as official "start" time (link)
Challenge sold out in 27 min (link)
Yoga sold out in 34 min (link)
5k sold out in 42 min (link)
10k sold out in 43 min (link)
HM sold out in 54 min (link)
Kids Race sold out in 57 min (link)

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter