Stroller rules to be enforced

Status
Not open for further replies.
News/Rumor

According to @lentesta WDW and DLR will start enforcing stroller size limits starting May 1st 31" by 52" including no wagons.

https://twitter.com/LenTesta/status/1110207226763988992
I want to preface this by saying I don't have kids.

However, part of me is feeling on the side of the parents here. That is...What is the PR going to be like when Disney tells a family that they can't go into the parks because the stroller that they decided to bring on their vacation isn't allowed in the parks? Is Disney going to sell their own strollers? What happens if all of the strollers are rented for the day?

I can't necessarily figure out the length of that stroller in my head, but what happens if a family with 2 or 3 young little kids can't bring in their stroller because it's to large for the parks? Do they need to have 3 separate strollers for 2 adults to push around?

As the Disney fan without kids...Anything to limit being ran over by people not caring about others around them is a good thing. However, I will feel for the parents that spent thousands to have a nice vacation with their young kids just to be turned away at the entrance of the parks due to the size of their strollers.

However, part of me is feeling on the side of the parents here. That is...What is the PR going to be like when Disney tells a family that they can't go into the parks because the stroller that they decided to bring on their vacation isn't allowed in the parks? Is Disney going to sell their own strollers? What happens if all of the strollers are rented for the day?

I can't necessarily figure out the length of that stroller in my head, but what happens if a family with 2 or 3 young little kids can't bring in their stroller because it's to large for the parks? Do they need to have 3 separate strollers for 2 adults to push around?

As the Disney fan without kids...Anything to limit being ran over by people not caring about others around them is a good thing. However, I will feel for the parents that spent thousands to have a nice vacation with their young kids just to be turned away at the entrance of the parks due to the size of their strollers.
Its a restriction listed on the website. Its readily available info.

I would guess this is more about enforcement. Disney doesn't enforce much of this and its beginning to get out of hand with all of these new themed stroller rentals.
Thank you. I guess I was thinking because the twitter said 31" by 52" and Disney's site says 36" by 52" so I didn't know if they were reducing the size or possibly if the 31" was a typo. Small detail really but 5inches could be a decent amount on a stoller.

Really any size I'm all for enforcement lol.

I am a mom who is in favor of limiting stroller size. When I was there I saw a mom force a double BOB stroller into a Main Street shop that clearly wasn’t built for such a behemoth. It created a huge problem.

That being said, I see it creating lot of headaches for front line cast members. I don’t envy them dealing with irate parents who are pushing heavily laden strollers they can’t take into the park. For that matter, what do they plan to do with all of the left behind strollers? Will they have enough strollers to loan
to those who have to leave their strollers behind?

As someone with kids and has traveled with extended family with even more small kids, this is still good to see - though we will have to check all our dimensions going forward as to be honest we never really thought about it

When they were really you we had a double wide stroller with an attachment for the carrier so we could fit all 3 kids on at one time - made it easier for us to push them around vs having multiple strollers but obviously the thing wasn't tiny

i will say, this still fits quite a bit. We used the Citi Mini double wide and I just checked the dimensions and that is 29.75" wide - so that would still work

I think they must just be seeing more and more oversized strollers and bigger wagons and stuff and just wanted to put some limit out there ... again, I am sure at least partly related to the expected increased crowds for Galaxy's Edge they want to get all their ducks in a row before that

A lot of people bring those large trail-like strollers (you know the ones with the big wheels) and large strollers and wagons (the keenz have been the ones that seemed to be gray area ok because they can be pushed like a stroller).

The larger strollers just clog up the walkways and become less maneuverable. Disney is trying to widen their pathways and at the same time it appears trying to control better these large enough strollers (and wagons) that have become more commonplace over time.

People may like larger strollers nowadays because they can stuff a lot of stuff in them and the wheels allows for muli-surfaces but people were able to go park touring without them before so I think this is more just adjusting guest behavior that has cropped up over time. I'm pretty sure there's still a good variety of strollers out there that will fit within the allowable dimensions.

Also Disney isn't telling a family they can't go into the parks because of the stroller, they are saying the stroller that doesn't conform to the size limitiation can't go into the parks. So in other words your vacation you spent thousands of dollars on can still be had-sans the stroller that doesn't meet their size restrictions.

A lot of people bring those large trail-like strollers (you know the ones with the big wheels) and large strollers and wagons (the keenz have been the ones that seemed to be gray area ok because they can be pushed like a stroller).

The larger strollers just clog up the walkways and become less maneuverable. Disney is trying to widen their pathways and at the same time it appears trying to control better these large enough strollers (and wagons) that have become more commonplace over time.

People may like larger strollers nowadays because they can stuff a lot of stuff in them and the wheels allows for muli-surfaces but people were able to go park touring without them before so I think this is more just adjusting guest behavior that has cropped up over time. I'm pretty sure there's still a good variety of strollers out there that will fit within the allowable dimensions.

Also Disney isn't telling a family they can't go into the parks because of the stroller, they are saying the stroller that doesn't conform to the size limitiation can't go into the parks. So in other words your vacation you spent thousands of dollars on can still be had-sans the stroller that doesn't meet their size restrictions.

I think you are spot on - and as I mentioned above at least one double wide stroller I checked and fits within these dimensions

i think if they greatly reduced the allowable size and basically said all you could bring was a single, umbrella stroller it would be a much bigger deal ... but still, as others have mentioned I am sure this will lead to a few confrontations with Cast Members who are just trying to enforce the rules that they didn't create

Did you see the size of that thing in the twitter picture by Len Testa? That's ridiculous. Common sense should dictate to those parents that you can't push that around a crowded theme park!!! For three kids, if it takes two strollers with one being a double wide, one pushed by each parent, then that's what it takes I guess.

Also, the guidelines are publicized. No one's fault but their own at that point.

That being said, I see it creating lot of headaches for front line cast members. I don’t envy them dealing with irate parents who are pushing heavily laden strollers they can’t take into the park. For that matter, what do they plan to do with all of the left behind strollers? Will they have enough strollers to loan to those who have to leave their strollers behind?
I'm trying to remember but don't they have a spot or something for all the selfie sticks and whatnot that people get stopped with so you could get it later? Am I thinking wrong on that?

Did you see the size of that thing in the twitter picture by Len Testa? That's ridiculous. Common sense should dictate to those parents that you can't push that around a crowded theme park!!! For three kids, if it takes two strollers with one being a double wide, one pushed by each parent, then that's what it takes I guess.

Also, the guidelines are publicized. No one's fault but their own at that point.

I just got back from WDW Saturday. We saw those huge wagon/strollers EVERYWHERE. I've never noticed them before, atleast so many. TONS

Are you referring to this tweet?
upload_2019-3-25_13-38-14.png

Because this would still be allowed - it's only 19.5" wide and can be pushed (the "no wagon" rule uses text about not allowing anything that is pulled)

That being said, I see it creating lot of headaches for front line cast members. I don’t envy them dealing with irate parents who are pushing heavily laden strollers they can’t take into the park. For that matter, what do they plan to do with all of the left behind strollers? Will they have enough strollers to loan
to those who have to leave their strollers behind?

Yes, they have enough. And they have double strollers as well. I had 3 kids including twins and we made sure we had the twins in an in line stroller instead of a side by side due how big the side by sides were. And Teetz is right about the new strollers. Them princess ones are cute but are not what I would call "crowd friendly" by any means.

I know this oppinion will not be well liked but I Honestly think anything that is a wagon should be not allowed, regardless if you can push it or pull it or whatnot. The turn radius on something like that is not the same as some of the three wheel or 4 wheel smaller designs especially if you have kids on board. In saying that I understand why people like them, kids can lay down and take a nap and parents dont necessarily have to go back to the room, also it is easier to throw and keep track of all the toys the kids want if they have a playpen on wheels.

I do feel though that Disabilities and such should get a pass on size restrictions though.

I also wouldn't be against Disney enforcing a policy in which if your stroller cant be folded up and still maintain all the stuff you brought in, then it cant be used in the parks again with the exception for Disabilities.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter