Stroller rules to be enforced

Status
Not open for further replies.
every child is different. Mine are 6 and 7, last year we averaged 10-12 miles a day. that's a lot of walking, so i can see how an 8 year old could use one every now and then.

We rented a double stroller last year, and it got used. Both kids walked a lot also, but at times with the heat and the distances, why bother fighting them?

Maybe I'm just to far removed from having small children (my son is 23 now). But when I think of a stroller I think of a baby, not a child in grade 3 or 4.

Our 3 kids, 9, 8, and 6, take turns in a double stroller. With a cooler full of water and all of our sweaters and souvenirs clipped to it. Taking your kids on 12 hour death marches aren't conducive to happy family vacations.

I see a lot of crying kids and exhausted parents carrying them towards the exits and laugh while we go to more rides.

An $80 stroller rental enables us to do at least another 10 park hours per week. Amazing value versus an After Hours hard ticket.

I know this oppinion will not be well liked but I Honestly think anything that is a wagon should be not allowed, regardless if you can push it or pull it or whatnot. The turn radius on something like that is not the same as some of the three wheel or 4 wheel smaller designs especially if you have kids on board. In saying that I understand why people like them, kids can lay down and take a nap and parents dont necessarily have to go back to the room, also it is easier to throw and keep track of all the toys the kids want if they have a playpen on wheels.

I do feel though that Disabilities and such should get a pass on size restrictions though.

I also wouldn't be against Disney enforcing a policy in which if your stroller cant be folded up and still maintain all the stuff you brought in, then it cant be used in the parks again with the exception for Disabilities.
Seconded. There's a limit as to what is reasonable and what isn't. I've had to deal with a lot of inconsiderate parents using their unwieldy strollers like it's some kind of Panzer tank through WDW, and what's more, I'm already seeing rows happening in various Disney community FB groups and pages over the enforcement. I even got into an argument with people futilely defending their unwieldy strollers/wagons while hypocritically criticising Disney photography enthusiasts' use of tripods.

This is long overdue and I'm a bonus mom to 2 small ones. Those kids get pushed in a manageable, completely appropriate double - by their daddy (there has to be some upside of being a tiny bit limited). There favorite thing after HM is to be pushed around the world, but my god, have you seen those stroller parking spots? Half the concrete at MK is covered by strollers.

Seconded. There's a limit as to what is reasonable and what isn't. I've had to deal with a lot of inconsiderate parents using their unwieldy strollers like it's some kind of Panzer tank through WDW, and what's more, I'm already seeing rows happening in various Disney community FB groups and pages over the enforcement. I even got into an argument with people futilely defending their unwieldy strollers/wagons while hypocritically criticising Disney photography enthusiasts' use of tripods.

This is so funny to me. DH and I talk about the Panzer division of strollers anytime we are putting ours in one of those parking lots.!

Our 3 kids, 9, 8, and 6, take turns in a double stroller. With a cooler full of water and all of our sweaters and souvenirs clipped to it. Taking your kids on 12 hour death marches aren't conducive to happy family vacations.

I see a lot of crying kids and exhausted parents carrying them towards the exits and laugh while we go to more rides.

An $80 stroller rental enables us to do at least another 10 park hours per week. Amazing value versus an After Hours hard ticket.

We don’t do “death marches.” Used a stroller twice when my kid was 5.

Take breaks. Follow the kid’s lead. Get ice cream. See a show. Eat a meal.

The less strollers the better. I saw someone with an outrageous double at Pop last trip. The thing had more bells and whistles than my 2016 CRV. It was absurd.

I think it’s going to be a tough rule to enforce. Obviously Disney is starting to gear up for the expected crowds of SWGE. But I also don’t see them turning away guests and their money. Yes some strollers are big and take up space but it’s not the size of the stroller, it’s the person pushing it that is more of any issue. Moms and dads use their strollers as weapons to push through crowds. They could care less if they bump into you or knock you over. They need to have the common sense not to take them places where they don’t fit. Parents push screaming children through the park so “the children” can have fun. You have to know how much is too much and when you kids have had enough and need a break. Maybe we should start a thread on power chairs, do they have any rules ??

All I an say is this is a long time coming.

Stroller sizes have gotten ridiculous over the years. It's amazing looking back at pictures when I was a little kid during the early 90s at WDW and the biggest strollers are simple umbrella strollers.

Now some of these strollers are like glorified SUVs.

Hell, one stroller in the monorail can take up as much space as 4-5 people standing in the same area.

r9dErFq.jpg

Nothing irks me more than the people who make no effort to break down the strollers, especially if said child isn't even in the stroller.

I think it’s going to be a tough rule to enforce. Obviously Disney is starting to gear up for the expected crowds of SWGE. But I also don’t see them turning away guests and their money. Yes some strollers are big and take up space but it’s not the size of the stroller, it’s the person pushing it that is more of any issue. Moms and dads use their strollers as weapons to push through crowds. They could care less if they bump into you or knock you over. They need to have the common sense not to take them places where they don’t fit. Parents push screaming children through the park so “the children” can have fun. You have to know how much is too much and when you kids have had enough and need a break. Maybe we should start a thread on power chairs, do they have any rules ??
I assume the guests will have already paid by the time they get to security and the security guy directs them over to the oversize stroller/wagon storage area :)

Maybe I'm just to far removed from having small children (my son is 23 now). But when I think of a stroller I think of a baby, not a child in grade 3 or 4.
I do most other places, but I have zero issues with it if we’re walking 10 to 12 miles.

I know you’re being sarcastic and that’s fine. My point was I don’t push my kid to the limits. Made the mistake on her first trip. Would rather go slow than put an 8 year old in a stroller.

Maybe you took it as me trying to boast? Sorry for getting under your skin.

If my kids rides in a stroller from one attraction to another and keeps them from over doing it, then fine. I don’t care.

They walked more than they rode in it last year, but it was nice to give them a break sometimes and we could still do things that they wanted to do.

Did you see the size of that thing in the twitter picture by Len Testa? That's ridiculous. Common sense should dictate to those parents that you can't push that around a crowded theme park!!! For three kids, if it takes two strollers with one being a double wide, one pushed by each parent, then that's what it takes I guess.

Also, the guidelines are publicized. No one's fault but their own at that point.

Your eyes deceive you. The Keenz is smaller than most double strollers. It has about the same footprint as a single stroller.

I know this oppinion will not be well liked but I Honestly think anything that is a wagon should be not allowed, regardless if you can push it or pull it or whatnot. The turn radius on something like that is not the same as some of the three wheel or 4 wheel smaller designs especially if you have kids on board. In saying that I understand why people like them, kids can lay down and take a nap and parents dont necessarily have to go back to the room, also it is easier to throw and keep track of all the toys the kids want if they have a playpen on wheels.

I do feel though that Disabilities and such should get a pass on size restrictions though.

I also wouldn't be against Disney enforcing a policy in which if your stroller cant be folded up and still maintain all the stuff you brought in, then it cant be used in the parks again with the exception for Disabilities.

I don’t know any stroller on the market that can be folded with contents in the basket. Following this logic, strollers would all be banned.

:thumbsup2 Push, pull, etc, shouldn’t matter, they are too big. I can’t even see how the whole push/pull thing became part of the rule. Pushing a wagon towards people when you clearly are feet behind being able to see peoples feet or whats in front of you seems a lot more dangerous than pulling behind you:confused3 We saw a TON of these this past week. More than once there was only one kid in it too.

It is literally no different than pushing a stroller. :sad2:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!