Stroller rules to be enforced

Status
Not open for further replies.
lol my point? I think my point was clearly stated.

You do realize there are various sizes of strollers right?

I didn't say those strollers are not allowed. I did clearly "I'm pretty sure there's still a good variety of strollers out there that will fit within the allowable dimensions."

Stoller A is oversized:
View attachment 390836

Stroller B is within acceptable limits:
View attachment 390837

There's without a doubt that many people have seen Stroller A in the parks. If Disney begins enforcing their rules then Stroller A would no longer be allowed.

I'm beginning to think though with your comments that you are trying to defend strollers to the death as in it's the hill you want to die on. My post wasn't about getting rid of strollers. It was about reigning in the sheer size of what strollers have been taken in recent years to the Parks. I would hope that we can all agree that there are definitely strollers taken in that are on the extreme side of size.

So you said the “trail like strollers” which would include the BOB I posted on which is why I responded - because that lumped a lot of them in together. And really most people posting about larger strollers don’t seem to realize that the majority of the strollers they see at Disney fall well within the size requirements. The jogging stroller I typically see at Disney are the ones available from the rental companies and so even the change in size requirements wouldn’t get rid of them since they all meet those requirements.

You want to push your kids to hike 15 miles in the rain while they're elementary age, that's your deal. You want to push your teenager around in a stroller, that's your deal.

Dude. Just do what's best for your family. You don't need a freaking double decker wagon to do that, end of story.

So you said the “trail like strollers” which would include the BOB I posted on which is why I responded - because that lumped a lot of them in together. And really most people posting about larger strollers don’t seem to realize that the majority of the strollers they see at Disney fall well within the size requirements. The jogging stroller I typically see at Disney are the ones available from the rental companies and so even the change in size requirements wouldn’t get rid of them since they all meet those requirements.
Surely you realize I'm describing what type of stroller that I commonly see that is very large? I don't care what the stroller is so long as it meets the guidelines (although removing the wagon gray area issue would be nice for consistency reasons). The larger the stroller, the harder it can be to manuever around, the more it clogs up the pathways and be able to get into stores, etc (wagons, including the keenz, though as well fall into this category). Disney is preparing the parks for more people and trying to improve traffic flow; if enforcement happens this will be just another great thing to help with that. Every little bit helps IMO on that front.

We hike, mine can go 3 to 4 miles fine..but we do way more than just a few several a day at disney. We do 3 times that.

They also behave in restaurants.

Why so defensive? I didn't quote you.

If your kids can handle a 3-4 mile hike, they can handle a day at WDW. It's not nonstop walking like a hike. Heck, my kids would riot if I tried to take them on a hike, but they don't bat an eye at spending the day at Disneyland and putting in 8-10 miles. We do that almost every weekend.

I think you aren't giving your kids enough credit, personally.

You want to push your kids to hike 15 miles in the rain while they're elementary age, that's your deal. You want to push your teenager around in a stroller, that's your deal.

Dude. Just do what's best for your family. You don't need a freaking double decker wagon to do that, end of story.
Right!?!

I HATE these type of threads. They ultimately turn into sanctimonious parenting advice.

Someone is pushing their 9 year old in a stroller? The HORROR! How does it impact you, again?

Someone is NOT pushing their tired 9 year old in a stroller? The HORROR! How does it impact you again?

Please, live and let live. Whatever works for someone else's family may not work for yours and that is okay! People are going to judge you no matter what you do.

Those who matter don't mind and those who mind don't matter. You do you

Why so defensive? I didn't quote you.

If your kids can handle a 3-4 mile hike, they can handle a day at WDW. It's not nonstop walking like a hike. Heck, my kids would riot if I tried to take them on a hike, but they don't bat an eye at spending the day at Disneyland and putting in 8-10 miles. We do that almost every weekend.

I think you aren't giving your kids enough credit, personally.

Defensive? Maybe i am too much, but it always irks me when people put down blanket statements about what kids at certain age should do, or peoples parenting styles are different.

I think my kids could do it in cooler months, no question. My oldest can do it in the summer as well, my younger one, he probably cant. The distance combined with the heat, it just makes life easier.

If they decide to ride in a stroller it doesnt mean they misbehave, or are lazy, or their parents are lazy. I'm not saying you said that, but that's what a few people here have basically said.

We go in the summer. We don't pull our kids out of school to go.

Why are parents so worried that their kids can't walk several miles a day? Kids have WAY more stamina than most adults. The kids who spend all day being pushed around in strollers are the same ones running around restaurants acting crazy because they have so much pent up energy. Make those kids walk from a young age and you will have the best behaved kids ever when you sit down to eat, because they will be grateful for the opportunity to sit and relax.

Oir kids are both autistic. The younger one has low muscle tone. Even with that, we ditched the stroller when my youngest was 4. We worked up to walking several miles in the parks. He wasn't going go get any stronger by being pushed around. Sometimes at the parks, he says "my feet are hurting" and I say to him "mine are too, you want to leave?" All of a sudden, he's fine. We take breaks and sit down several times. We don't push anyone further than their limits. When we are tired, we leave. Why is this such a hard thing for families to do?

The stroller situation is out of control in the parks and I'm glad Disney will be enforcing their own rules.

Because your experience is yours and no one else's. What works for you, doesn't for everyone else. I would guess for some ppl, they can't afford to spend thousands of dollars, to have to only spend a few hours a day in the park because their child gets sore/tired. Maybe they have more than one kid and don't feel the other kids should be gypped on their experience. So if a stroller helps them, so be it. For others with kids with anxiety, the stroller gives them a calm/safe space. There are a myriad of reasons. It's great it worked for you. Doesn't mean it will or should, be what everyone else does.

Last edited:
Because your experience is yours and no one else's. What works for you, doesn't for everyone else. I would guess for some ppl, they can't afford to spend thousands of dollars, to have to only spend a few hours a day in the park because their child gets sore/tired. Maybe they have more than one kid and don't feel the other kids should be gypped on their experience. So if a stroller helps them, so be it. For others with kids with anxiety, the stroller gives them a calm/safe space. There are a myriad of reasons. It's great it worked for you. Doesn't mean it will or should, be what everyone else does.

EXACTLY!!!!!!!!!!

Our families are not all the same!!! What works for you and your kids may work for Sue's family but may not work for Sally's family. It is not wrong to use a stroller past an age that any one person here has set!!! Look to your own family!

I haven’t read through this thread as a whole so forgive me if this has come up: how exactly do you enforce this? Does a front line CM have a tape measure to check for compliance?

I don’t think this is a bad idea, the enforcement just sounds like a headache

Most definitely a guess, but I would think something similar to how airports do it for baggae - build a box to the parameters and see if it fits in. It would be easy to build a 3-sided box to the dimensions that you push the stroller into. If it fits, great, if not...

I think we should all take a deep breath. We don’t need to go into parenting skills or what ages should be in strollers and stuff like that. If that continues we will have to close this thread.

Thanks, but no thanks. I am getting old. Deep breaths scare me! pirate:

Now a chill pill, timeout or an ice cold fill in the blank.......... I am up for!

I haven’t read through this thread as a whole so forgive me if this has come up: how exactly do you enforce this? Does a front line CM have a tape measure to check for compliance?

I don’t think this is a bad idea, the enforcement just sounds like a headache

Which is why I wouldn't be surprised if they define some things as wagons (4 wheels, flat, etc) It's just easier to eliminate everything that looks like a duck and quacks like a duck and call it a duck, rather than having it be called a dog.

Why are parents so worried that their kids can't walk several miles a day? Kids have WAY more stamina than most adults. The kids who spend all day being pushed around in strollers are the same ones running around restaurants acting crazy because they have so much pent up energy. Make those kids walk from a young age and you will have the best behaved kids ever when you sit down to eat, because they will be grateful for the opportunity to sit and relax.

Oir kids are both autistic. The younger one has low muscle tone. Even with that, we ditched the stroller when my youngest was 4. We worked up to walking several miles in the parks. He wasn't going go get any stronger by being pushed around. Sometimes at the parks, he says "my feet are hurting" and I say to him "mine are too, you want to leave?" All of a sudden, he's fine. We take breaks and sit down several times. We don't push anyone further than their limits. When we are tired, we leave. Why is this such a hard thing for families to do?

The stroller situation is out of control in the parks and I'm glad Disney will be enforcing their own rules.
I don't agree with this. My kid(7) will be in a stroller at some point during our July trip this year. I HIGHLY doubt she'll be running around the restaurant later in the day. She is well behaved at dinner. That has nothing to do with her being in a stroller when she gets tired. I ask that people DON'T parent my child and I'll do the same.

Most definitely a guess, but I would think something similar to how airports do it for baggae - build a box to the parameters and see if it fits in. It would be easy to build a 3-sided box to the dimensions that you push the stroller into. If it fits, great, if not...
I could see this working this way.

I'd imagine most of the time it would be looking at it then measuring if it seemed like it may not fit since it would save on time.

I do agree with the PP that an enforcement could be a headache...but it just may be worth the headache in the long run.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter